Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- new cans for home. Last post on 1/19/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I found the best Monitor headphones for $100 or less?! Last post on 11/30/12 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 pro: love it or hate it? Last post on 10/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 699
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Though honestly the constant nagging of plastic this and that reminds me of people that equally nag about Made in China products. Not all plastics are made equal, just as not all products made in China have the same degree of workmanship, QC, and material quality. And as mentioned, given a proper structure and size, plastic enclosures can have most of their flaws eliminated.
In the end, that's all that matters
You should hear me bitching about MDF/medite when it comes to speakers and turntables. I'd take plastic over mdf any day. But, I prefer not to own either in my audio system.
And, good luck fighting the good fight against those who fight against chinese goods.
Edited by viggen - 12/31/13 at 7:25am
The worst part is you'd find people recommending MDF for DIY speakers enclosures... at least there won't be anyone actually recommending plastic. Other than for (manufacturing) availability or pricing, or shaping advantages. And, I agree, I'd rather own neither as well. At least if I am looking for any quality priced gears..
Once again, another thing I'd rather take otherwise if given the choice. Depends on the make, more so than the country of fabrication. It's just that often people auto-associate Made in China = dollar-store-tier quality. That grinds my gears ;)
Those pads scream quality man. Nice job there!
Edited by kalbee - 12/31/13 at 6:57pm
....and a Happy New Year to you BMF.
Edited by Lohb - 12/31/13 at 8:20pm
Based on my test in comparison to stock pads and the shure 840 pads, mine has the best seal and it added more body to the sound. Better staging also due to its angled position.
i have done the most common mod, i.e. plasticine and Paxmate. Can i ask how i can bring up the treble? does felt behind the white paper on the driver bring up the treble slightly?
I don't know exactly how it will differ compared to Dan's pads. By the way how much is he selling for those alpha pads?
I might consider your suggestion on wider opening.
For the price of Alpha pads, see https://www.mrspeakers.com/fostex-t50rp-headphone-accessories-comfort-upgrade?product_id=63
A wider opening would be great. I do have jumbo ears!
What is the material you use for your pads?
- Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Allnic HPA-3000 1 minute ago
- › Using EQ for headphones? Good or bad? 2 minutes ago
- › 2014 Model SMSL SAP-5 Portable Headphone Amplifer Introduction /... 3 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. 6 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 9 minutes ago
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)