Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Gainclone LM3886 for Headphone? Last post on 9/8/11 at 7:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Question about the Sennheiser 280s Last post on 9/20/11 at 12:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Happy, and wondering. Last post on 8/19/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 699
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Though honestly the constant nagging of plastic this and that reminds me of people that equally nag about Made in China products. Not all plastics are made equal, just as not all products made in China have the same degree of workmanship, QC, and material quality. And as mentioned, given a proper structure and size, plastic enclosures can have most of their flaws eliminated.
In the end, that's all that matters
You should hear me bitching about MDF/medite when it comes to speakers and turntables. I'd take plastic over mdf any day. But, I prefer not to own either in my audio system.
And, good luck fighting the good fight against those who fight against chinese goods.
Edited by viggen - 12/31/13 at 7:25am
The worst part is you'd find people recommending MDF for DIY speakers enclosures... at least there won't be anyone actually recommending plastic. Other than for (manufacturing) availability or pricing, or shaping advantages. And, I agree, I'd rather own neither as well. At least if I am looking for any quality priced gears..
Once again, another thing I'd rather take otherwise if given the choice. Depends on the make, more so than the country of fabrication. It's just that often people auto-associate Made in China = dollar-store-tier quality. That grinds my gears ;)
Those pads scream quality man. Nice job there!
Edited by kalbee - 12/31/13 at 6:57pm
Based on my test in comparison to stock pads and the shure 840 pads, mine has the best seal and it added more body to the sound. Better staging also due to its angled position.
i have done the most common mod, i.e. plasticine and Paxmate. Can i ask how i can bring up the treble? does felt behind the white paper on the driver bring up the treble slightly?
I don't know exactly how it will differ compared to Dan's pads. By the way how much is he selling for those alpha pads?
I might consider your suggestion on wider opening.
For the price of Alpha pads, see https://www.mrspeakers.com/fostex-t50rp-headphone-accessories-comfort-upgrade?product_id=63
A wider opening would be great. I do have jumbo ears!
What is the material you use for your pads?
- Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 44 seconds ago
- › AKG's new "Lifestyle" headphone range- Y50, Y45BT & Y40 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › iPod 3G Compact Flash Mod 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)