Are there any decent cables that I can use with my fostex t50rp that are sold by amazon :|
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Gainclone LM3886 for Headphone? Last post on 9/8/11 at 7:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Question about the Sennheiser 280s Last post on 9/20/11 at 12:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Happy, and wondering. Last post on 8/19/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 684
Gear mentioned in this thread:
this is the one that is typically recommended but only black is available currently: http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/
you'll have to order directly from v-moda though.
fwiw, i'm still using the stock cable - just treated with deoxit.
Hey mate, thanks
I've been aware of that but I'm not a fan of paying 5$ shipping and it's not on amazon :(
Also I did not get a stock cable :|
My earpads have come loose, tried applying them with double sided tape but they aren't holding it, any tips or what should I do?
My modded T50rp. Has anyone used a Faber Castel Eraser instead of Blutak or Plasticine?.
Those erasers aren't as dense if memory serves me right.
For these mods, people tend to prefer the higher density solution. Not to that those erasers are super expensive, but the price of 1 or 2 is enough to buy a big block of plasticine.
Might be a interesting project to try though.
I've finished the "first step" of my T50 Rp. They share some similarities with BMF mods. I'm really satisfied with them and their balanced neutrality but I think that I can do something more for the soundstage in the future. I've made them to be auditioned by a audiophile friend of mine who was skeptic before putting them on, but at the end he was amazed. I think he was not so happy in realizing that his new AD900X was not as good as the Fostex...
As I can see, there is a custom in this thread to give a name to our "creatures" or simply modded T50 RP, well mine will be named
"The WTF T50RP", one cause is the reaction when I listen to them and think what they can do for less than 100,oo Euro, Yes ! "What The F..., the second is grandiloquent and in honour of J.S. Bach as " The Well Temperd Fostex " is a perfect name for a re-equilibrated headphone, and what we do with our T50 is just to "temper" until we find them Ok, so I like this name.
Now I've sent them to an Italian guy who has got an headphone blog in Italy and reviews a lot of HPs. I'm curious to see if he find them so balanced, neutral and natural as I do.
Thank all of you for this fantastic thread!
Sure! But I'm sorry because I haven't got the last/final version because I didn't want to touch them before the can be auditioned as the are.Then when they'll come back will open them again to take some photos hoping nothing will change in the sound. So, some of the photo here represent just foulty try. Now they have inside the cup a material similar to Paxmate, but it's bitumen + something textile like moquette. SRH 840 pads instead of SrH 940 and less cotton and (I'don't know the name) stone wool fiber inside as damper. 3/4 vents closed. Electrical tape to isolate cable (outside) plasticine Pongo to seal and isolate the cables inside and I've reproduced the same amount of space occuped by the housing of the jack cable in the sx to the dx. Just thinking it will balance, but i don't know really. A really ugly headband with elastic but comfy and improving SQ (may be better seal). Ah, now there is a lot less plasticine inside, no electrical tape dot in the back of the driver and no cork anymore.
So, some of the photo are old and foulty:
I've tried other things, material and solutions, but i've nophoto and there was not good quality sound or improvements
Sorry for my poor English and poor photos, I will do better in the future!!!! (I hope)
Edited by Alessandro1 - 7/2/13 at 2:15pm
Thank you for the beautiful pictures. I like the cork idea seems interesting. And I believe that most everyone uses 840 pads and not 940 pads. I am excited to see the photos of the final product though. And your english is excellent you have no need to worry.
Yes, a few people did it in the past. As long as you don't forget to seal off the extra opening it should be alright.
Depending on the jack, you can also decide to shave off part of the vinyl around the actual jack.
That said, I spotted another cable that can work for the T50RP (I suppose with a little bit of work on either the jack or the plug).
The first cable has one straight plug and one L plug. Comes in 0.5m, 1m, and 1.5m. I thought I saw some 0.7m but I the website says otherwise.
The second one has two straight plug but the cable is coiled. Comes in 0.4m and 0.6m... thought I saw longer ones lol.
Fiio E07k isn't bad. Keep in mind that I haven't tried any others, however it certainly gives that extra bit of juice these things need.
- Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 21 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 39 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 48 seconds ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 1 minute ago
- › AKG K240 Studio Review 1 minute ago
- › Best noise isolating AND cancelling headphones? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 5C and 5S: audio output 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones Recommendation for College Student 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob