Shure 550 and 750 comes to mind. Pics of them in the big Roundup thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- new cans for home. Last post on 1/19/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I found the best Monitor headphones for $100 or less?! Last post on 11/30/12 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 pro: love it or hate it? Last post on 10/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 683
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Mad Dog thread is flooded with people who love them. I don't see very many complaints in there. From what I read about them, it sounds like they may be too dark for me. I would definitely not consider my self modded T50rp to be dark.
Not sure, I am using the same V-Moda cable and the Alpha pads on my self modded T50rp. After a few weeks of tweaking I got them sounding great, I actually like them more than my Q701, which I never thought I would.
The sound of the 840 pads will have a lot to do with the other mods being done as well. Simply just swapping out the stock pads for the 840 pads though will increase bass quantity, and bass extension. It is a good place to start, but definitely play with other mods as well.
Edited by jasonb - 6/22/13 at 5:05am
hey guys i am upgrading to the t50rp's and plan on modding i currently have a fiio e11 amp because thats all i needed to drive my old headphones. coming out of an ipod with an lod cable should this power them untill i can get a respectfull amp?
do you know his mod process, like the materials i am debating on just doing the grodan rockwool and shure 840 pads. is it worth it to do the cotton, fiberglass, felt, ect.?
Right now I'm just running the rock wool. Not exactly sure what method most people are using but I made sure to get a decent layer or rock wool on top of paxmate pyramids covering the entire inner portion of the cup. I would say play around until you hit your desired sound.
Visit BMF's Incremental mod thread, then do an internal search on "BMF Rock Wool Mod - Improved".
I think the rock wool mod is super easy to install and gives pretty terrific results out-of-the-box. But the best sounding T50RPs I have are DBV#3. Mind you, they were meticulously tuned by BMF to a degree that I would never have the patience or skill to achieve myself.
hey, you & me both ... that's why my current set are still unmodded (less earpads) ... but one of these days ...
- Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HM-901 13 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 58 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Easiest way to volume match during a ABx comparison? 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Help finding headphones + amp + dac 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 minutes ago
- › Interest Check: Ipod Video 5.5g Rockboxed and Fiio E07K combo 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)