Shure 550 and 750 comes to mind. Pics of them in the big Roundup thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- new cans for home. Last post on 1/19/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I found the best Monitor headphones for $100 or less?! Last post on 11/30/12 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 pro: love it or hate it? Last post on 10/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 683
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Mad Dog thread is flooded with people who love them. I don't see very many complaints in there. From what I read about them, it sounds like they may be too dark for me. I would definitely not consider my self modded T50rp to be dark.
Not sure, I am using the same V-Moda cable and the Alpha pads on my self modded T50rp. After a few weeks of tweaking I got them sounding great, I actually like them more than my Q701, which I never thought I would.
The sound of the 840 pads will have a lot to do with the other mods being done as well. Simply just swapping out the stock pads for the 840 pads though will increase bass quantity, and bass extension. It is a good place to start, but definitely play with other mods as well.
Edited by jasonb - 6/22/13 at 5:05am
hey guys i am upgrading to the t50rp's and plan on modding i currently have a fiio e11 amp because thats all i needed to drive my old headphones. coming out of an ipod with an lod cable should this power them untill i can get a respectfull amp?
do you know his mod process, like the materials i am debating on just doing the grodan rockwool and shure 840 pads. is it worth it to do the cotton, fiberglass, felt, ect.?
Right now I'm just running the rock wool. Not exactly sure what method most people are using but I made sure to get a decent layer or rock wool on top of paxmate pyramids covering the entire inner portion of the cup. I would say play around until you hit your desired sound.
Visit BMF's Incremental mod thread, then do an internal search on "BMF Rock Wool Mod - Improved".
I think the rock wool mod is super easy to install and gives pretty terrific results out-of-the-box. But the best sounding T50RPs I have are DBV#3. Mind you, they were meticulously tuned by BMF to a degree that I would never have the patience or skill to achieve myself.
hey, you & me both ... that's why my current set are still unmodded (less earpads) ... but one of these days ...
- Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 51 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › DAP Recommendation 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › Destiny 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)