I am thinking more like and Audeze pad? Even though those are really angled. But if they didn't have that angle they would be donut shapped.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Gainclone LM3886 for Headphone? Last post on 9/8/11 at 7:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Question about the Sennheiser 280s Last post on 9/20/11 at 12:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Happy, and wondering. Last post on 8/19/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 683
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As for flat donut pads... Nothing came to mind..
The Mad Dog thread is flooded with people who love them. I don't see very many complaints in there. From what I read about them, it sounds like they may be too dark for me. I would definitely not consider my self modded T50rp to be dark.
Not sure, I am using the same V-Moda cable and the Alpha pads on my self modded T50rp. After a few weeks of tweaking I got them sounding great, I actually like them more than my Q701, which I never thought I would.
The sound of the 840 pads will have a lot to do with the other mods being done as well. Simply just swapping out the stock pads for the 840 pads though will increase bass quantity, and bass extension. It is a good place to start, but definitely play with other mods as well.
Edited by jasonb - 6/22/13 at 5:05am
hey guys i am upgrading to the t50rp's and plan on modding i currently have a fiio e11 amp because thats all i needed to drive my old headphones. coming out of an ipod with an lod cable should this power them untill i can get a respectfull amp?
do you know his mod process, like the materials i am debating on just doing the grodan rockwool and shure 840 pads. is it worth it to do the cotton, fiberglass, felt, ect.?
Right now I'm just running the rock wool. Not exactly sure what method most people are using but I made sure to get a decent layer or rock wool on top of paxmate pyramids covering the entire inner portion of the cup. I would say play around until you hit your desired sound.
Visit BMF's Incremental mod thread, then do an internal search on "BMF Rock Wool Mod - Improved".
I think the rock wool mod is super easy to install and gives pretty terrific results out-of-the-box. But the best sounding T50RPs I have are DBV#3. Mind you, they were meticulously tuned by BMF to a degree that I would never have the patience or skill to achieve myself.
hey, you & me both ... that's why my current set are still unmodded (less earpads) ... but one of these days ...
- Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Backup headphones 26 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1 or Sennheiser Momentum? 1 minute ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Re: Attenuator/impedance matcher for HE-6 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi