Shure 550 and 750 comes to mind. Pics of them in the big Roundup thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- new cans for home. Last post on 1/19/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I found the best Monitor headphones for $100 or less?! Last post on 11/30/12 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 pro: love it or hate it? Last post on 10/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 683
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Mad Dog thread is flooded with people who love them. I don't see very many complaints in there. From what I read about them, it sounds like they may be too dark for me. I would definitely not consider my self modded T50rp to be dark.
Not sure, I am using the same V-Moda cable and the Alpha pads on my self modded T50rp. After a few weeks of tweaking I got them sounding great, I actually like them more than my Q701, which I never thought I would.
The sound of the 840 pads will have a lot to do with the other mods being done as well. Simply just swapping out the stock pads for the 840 pads though will increase bass quantity, and bass extension. It is a good place to start, but definitely play with other mods as well.
Edited by jasonb - 6/22/13 at 5:05am
hey guys i am upgrading to the t50rp's and plan on modding i currently have a fiio e11 amp because thats all i needed to drive my old headphones. coming out of an ipod with an lod cable should this power them untill i can get a respectfull amp?
do you know his mod process, like the materials i am debating on just doing the grodan rockwool and shure 840 pads. is it worth it to do the cotton, fiberglass, felt, ect.?
Right now I'm just running the rock wool. Not exactly sure what method most people are using but I made sure to get a decent layer or rock wool on top of paxmate pyramids covering the entire inner portion of the cup. I would say play around until you hit your desired sound.
Visit BMF's Incremental mod thread, then do an internal search on "BMF Rock Wool Mod - Improved".
I think the rock wool mod is super easy to install and gives pretty terrific results out-of-the-box. But the best sounding T50RPs I have are DBV#3. Mind you, they were meticulously tuned by BMF to a degree that I would never have the patience or skill to achieve myself.
hey, you & me both ... that's why my current set are still unmodded (less earpads) ... but one of these days ...
- Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Destiny 3 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 6 minutes ago
- › Transitioning: Some help and feedback 7 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 8 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)