Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/21/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/10
- brandPioneertagged by System, 7/21/10
- productPioneer Monitor 10tagged by System, 6/28/11
- productPioneer SE-505tagged by System, 6/28/11
- productPioneer SE-CLX50-JH Deep Bass Noise Isolating Earbud Headphones (White)tagged by System, 6/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Does anyone collect vintage cans? Last post on 5/9/15 at 4:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- new Pioneer flagship? SE-MJ591 Last post on 12/21/12 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pioneer TRE-D800 & SE-DIR800C Last post on 8/12/13 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Customer Looking to Upgrade Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Vintage Pioneer thread - Page 11post #151 of 24512/15/12 at 3:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 24512/15/12 at 9:12ampost #153 of 2451/1/13 at 8:31pm
Im definitely interested in a pair of Monitor 10s for the right price...
An update on the SE-205 RestoMod progress: i installed a female 3.5 jack in the left earcup to make theheadphones adapt to a detachable cable. I havent seen anyone else ever do something like this to the 205. the next thing is new pads... i suppose ill just have to kitbash something together for those... Cheerspost #154 of 2451/4/13 at 4:36pmpost #155 of 2455/20/13 at 6:08pm
These things are beautiful! I thought they sounded poor at first but when plugged into my vintage pioneer stereo, they sounded wonderful! They sound really good on jazz type music and suprisingly the new daft punk album. Even in the low quality! Cant wait to hear these on the daft punk album analog recorded in FLAC. AHH it will be great!post #156 of 2455/24/13 at 8:07pm
I have a pair of SE-50s that I inherited from my Dad who bought them new when I was a kid. They still sound great but the cord is breaking down and sound cuts in and out if you move your head. Considered taking them to someone for repair but don't really want to spend money right now. What are the chances of a newby being able to rewire this? Any advice?post #157 of 2455/25/13 at 10:49am
New to soldering, or new to rewiring headphones? If you're new to soldering, I wouldn't risk damaging the drivers. If you're good at soldering, however, just dismantle everything slowly and methodically and you'll be fine.post #158 of 2456/2/13 at 4:00am
The old Monitor 10s blow away many headphones in sound quality. An amplifier will help though...post #159 of 2457/8/13 at 8:43ampost #160 of 2457/22/13 at 7:24ampost #161 of 2457/24/13 at 6:36pm
Well, since there are a lot of Pioneer craze going on here, I guess maybe you guys can help me. I've found in our local e-bay-ish site a pair of Pioneer SE-M250. It looks fairly vintage, probably from the eighties. Not as gorgeous of some of the stuff you posted, but still worth a look, I think, at least because of its rarity. Here is a pic so you can spot it:
Are them any good? worth buying? Price is good but I'm kinda broke, so any input will be highly welcome.post #162 of 2458/1/13 at 10:24am
Hi, as I own a '85 or '86 Pioneer SE650 headphone I think I'm entiteled to be here. When I got it I was about 16 years old and it was the best headphone I'd ever heard. Loved it and used it for many years untill I upgraded to a Sony in '94. But enough talk, here are some pics:post #163 of 24511/17/13 at 10:40am
Today I was looking and hoping for a headphone bargain and found the Pioneers standing out from the rest presentation wise. Did not waste much time and got three of them: SE-20A, SE-205 and SE-305. Some photo's will follow.post #164 of 24511/27/13 at 2:40am
Really like the looks of the SE-305. Found out that it's very likely my uncle who had one when i was a kid so that kind of explains the love. Soundwise, whatever ;) If there's interest you can get the 20A and 305 for a small compensation (as I did not get them for free).
Coconut pics:post #165 of 2453/1/14 at 2:11am
I got an SE-450 today but it's missing the inner headband.
Does anyone know where I can get one of these cheaply? I've found a few of these extortionate 'spare part' online shops, where it's going for over $20 - which is usually more than the cost of the whole headphone 2nd hand.
- Vintage Pioneer thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › 2359glenn | studio 44 seconds ago
- › FS: iBasso IT03 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear