Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: the Cyclone PR1 Pro - Another $50 bang/buck heavyweight
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: the Cyclone PR1 Pro - Another $50 bang/buck heavyweight - Page 6

post #76 of 244
I ordered mine yesterday. Awaiting (impatiently) for them to arrive.
How many days does it usually take shipping to India.
post #77 of 244
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavinachtani View Post
I ordered mine yesterday. Awaiting (impatiently) for them to arrive.
How many days does it usually take shipping to India.
No clue. They ship from HK so if customs aren't a major snag should be faster than the ~2 weeks it takes for shipping to US.
post #78 of 244
do these have an inline volume attenuator?
eh, I bought one. the sound signature is exactly what i'm looking for and uhh at $45, I couldn't resist
post #79 of 244
I was planning on getting some right in this price range and was trying to decide on either the PR1 or the Sounmagic pl50. I ended up with these so we'll see how I like them. Will be my "real" first IEM's

rofl my first post and ive been a member since 08?!?
post #80 of 244
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rymd View Post
do these have an inline volume attenuator?
eh, I bought one. the sound signature is exactly what i'm looking for and uhh at $45, I couldn't resist
No, no inline attenuator. You can buy an external one if you really need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkimods View Post
I was planning on getting some right in this price range and was trying to decide on either the PR1 or the Sounmagic pl50. I ended up with these so we'll see how I like them. Will be my "real" first IEM's

rofl my first post and ive been a member since 08?!?
Ah, congratulations. The PL50s and these are quite different. Hopefully you picked the one that suits your preferences better . I obviously prefer the PR1s.
post #81 of 244
Still no delivery via USPS. They arrived in Philly on 11/29, but still have not been moved to my local post office. Doh.
post #82 of 244
The only thing that worries me, apart from the build quality as a number of asian phones I've had have only lasted a couple of months (hell, even phones I've bought in this country sometimes only last a few months before I need to replace them), is the fact they're ported.
I live in a very windy coastal area and the wind noise when I'm out and about is often a problem. Deep insertion BA phones like etys are fine but even quite isolating phones like Klipsch customs still suffer from some wind noise (probably more due to their shape than their inherent isolation).
post #83 of 244
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfy View Post
The only thing that worries me, apart from the build quality as a number of asian phones I've had have only lasted a couple of months (hell, even phones I've bought in this country sometimes only last a few months before I need to replace them), is the fact they're ported.
I live in a very windy coastal area and the wind noise when I'm out and about is often a problem. Deep insertion BA phones like etys are fine but even quite isolating phones like Klipsch customs still suffer from some wind noise (probably more due to their shape than their inherent isolation).
How long things last depends as much on build quality as how you take care of something. The Cyclones are indeed susceptible to wind noise under windy conditions, though not as badly as the RE0/RE2 and a couple of other IEMs I've owned.
post #84 of 244
Well, all I can say is Joker, you da man. These are a fantastic pair of IEMs for $45 ($33 plus $12 shipping via ebay), without a doubt. I never heard the REOs, but out of the box, I am impressed. I have them hooked up to my S9, with BBE Viva 2 (which has a little more bass than the usual Viva) and they are really, really detailed little buggers. At first, they sounded a little weak, but I realized I needed to push them in a little deeper (using standard clear silicone sleeves that came on them). Went to 2-3 of my favorite audition tracks (Hotel Califiornia live, New Kind in Town, Patricia Barber's Ode to Billy Joe, The Roots' Dynomite, etc.), and I am very impressed. They are not the same sig as the S4s, which I still like very much, for I was going to sell them out of hand because of that TF10 frenzy yesterday. But now, I am definitely keeping them as part of the low-budget, hifi corral (im616, ADDIEM, PR1, S4). Thanks for the review. I sure am glad I didn't succumb to the RE0 allure.

It really is amazing what these companies can make for squat these days, really.

Do they improve with some burn-in? I will have to go back and reread you initial review.

Thanks again. I can second Joker's recommendation on these phones (and jant71 too), they are fantastic for the price, based on my limited experience listening to them so far. I am going to stick them back in and keep listening for now. I want to find out if they hiss with the Amp3s I have. Hope not.
post #85 of 244
They do need 50 hours(really 100) of burn in. They open up and get larger soundstage-wise and get a bit more detail and a bit of bass punch. A noticeable difference even if you listen as they burn in. Not a night and day amount of improvement but enough to notice. No change in tone or signature like the S4 or C710 etc. Just what you hear now but better.
post #86 of 244
Thanks much. I will start the process tonight.
post #87 of 244
Interested in hearing the final impressions vs. the SA1 and S4!
post #88 of 244
I already believe they sound better than the SA1s out of the box (only honest comparison). I already sold my SA1s, just didn't care for the form factor (didn't really work over the ear). The stick out too much for me, and the gels that came on them (medium double flange) kept coming off in my ears, both sides.

They do improve with burn-in, but I feel the S4s, at least with my DAPs, to be the better sound sig for me. Not saying the SA1s are bad, not at all. They calmed down on the high end (a little harsh out of the box), but needed a tick of EQ on bass (with the treble ports). I didn't care as much for the bass ports (black), but didn't use them much.

I need to post a mini-review on the SA1. Nothing too extensive. I did like their sound just fine, very detailed, extended highs, mids were properly in the mix, but there are other factors in an IEM, as you of course know.
post #89 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarn06 View Post
Thanks again. I can second Joker's recommendation on these phones (and jant71 too), they are fantastic for the price, based on my limited experience listening to them so far. I am going to stick them back in and keep listening for now. I want to find out if they hiss with the Amp3s I have. Hope not.
haha, well that's good news for me. I agree with you on the amp3 hiss thing though, which is why I bought these things to complement it.

how long ago did you buy these from the ebay seller?
post #90 of 244
Took two about two weeks, but the local postal authorities held them up for 6 days.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: the Cyclone PR1 Pro - Another $50 bang/buck heavyweight