sorry - DDM - what is it?:)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Fischer Audio FA-999 Review Last post on 12/1/10 at 5:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Portable Headphone] Fischer Audio Old School RPM 33 1/3 Pics Neutral, portable, & Fun!? Last post on 6/15/12 at 5:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer Eterna Alternatives (price & soundwise) Last post on 9/19/11 at 7:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Who/what? I'd like to thank Rhapsodio for sending the 2v1 our way for a tour, along with the Shozy amp. Australia isn't exactly a hot electronics place First off - Rhapsodio is a young IEM...
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love. - Page 30
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
ClieOs - thanks!
But i think Radius not so good as Tandem.
Tandem is a warm and relatively full sounding IEM on its own and has a very decent sound, but DDM killer it isn't. At DDM too soft lifted up, hooting and smeared bass. Tandem more faster and moe structured on low freq.
We are feeling like Tandem have somewhat pretty unique signature, and its not easy to find a direct comparison. However its just we :)
We recommend to use the smallest tips possible, with wide opening, there are 3 pairs of them included. Also we had some feedback about good match with Sony Hybrids.
Different insertion depth also noticeably differs the sound. Over-the-ear position gives more freedom to play with it
Given the rarity of both IEM, I doubt you will get an clear answer.
I'd like to hear more about Consonance since my Eternas broke down and I'm looking for new IEM's and if they really have more bass while keeping an over all good sound, then those might be it.
BTW although Eternas were quite good on the construction quality department, the strain reliefs were awful - first one came loose within 4 months and the second one after 7 months. Next time maybe use some more glue or a stronger one like Loctite Super Attak :P Shouldn't be that expensive if you order in bulk :D
Same thing happened to my Fischer Eterna V1's :(
Probably my fave headphones but left (or right - cant remember now) earpiece stopped working all over a sudden. May try DIY fix when I get time and hope its a dodgy jack but I seriously doubt it!
I really don't know what exactly happened to mine (how they actually disintegrated) but I think it might have been a case of too much drinking + not remembering that I had headphones in my pocket equaling broken headphones. And I just looked and they were those better Rev1 too. God damn it. I'm going to look if I find a way to open them up and maybe re-cable, but seems like a long shot :(
But the strain reliefs were still awfully built :)
Consonance is warmer, thicker and slightly more bassy than Eterna v1. It doesn't sound quite as crisp and detail on the top, but not too far off either. I won't say it beats my Eterna v1, but it is close and certainly much better than Eterna v2. The build quality is however much better than Eterna.
OK I mostly listen to DnB & Dub but occasionally i like to pop out my oldies and listen to rock also, so what do you think would suit me best ? I don't only mean Eterna and Consonance but the whole Fischer Audio's IEM line.
Thou Consonance seems to be something I'd like to try out, because to me, the highs seem like almost always too crisp and sharp, even sometimes Eterna V1 was too sharp for my liking. Besides the build quality problem... Anyways I read that the Rev1 was reproduced since the beginning of 2011. So did they fix the flaws the original had or did they reproduce it 100% with failing strain reliefs and all ? :D
But how would you compare Silver Bullets to those too ? I considered those while I was looking for IEMs last time and finally decided to buy Eternas. I've read that they are more balanced and generally very good SQ (better than Eterna but not as warm)
Silver Bullet is indeed technically better than Eterna, but If you really want to take the whole line-up into consideration - beside DBA-02, I would think the SBA-03 is the second best of all Fischer Audio right now.
Update - managed to open the Eterna's and re-cable them with cable from one of my old Sony earphones. Anyways point being - they now work again :) Thou I'd like to use a better cable. Any recommendations ?
How did you manage to open the Eterna's ??
Secondly, On the eterna, there is a Y Split, is there any crossover or something inside there?
What about gluing them together? I was thinking this: 0.5m Solid Silver 0.4mm Double Balanced Litz Braid
I was going to get some to make my RCA's (used Canare, not might as well try this hehe) I dont know how suitable they will be for IEM recable jobs, but I have used a Cat5 cable for a 3.5mm jack to jack and that Might be ok for an IEM Recable - at worst, cat5 cables are dirt cheap (Though a bit stiff)
- [REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 3 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5 portable amplifier appreciation + discussion thread... 27 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 2 minutes ago
- › Porta pro vs HD 201, 202, 218 vs RP-HTX7 or maybe something other :) 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 281 IEMs compared (VSonic GR07 BE and R02 Silver... 5 minutes ago
- › Good closed cans under $50 -- sr850 vs rx700/900 vs ATH m30 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › (FS) TDK BA200 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe