sorry - DDM - what is it?:)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Fischer Audio FA-999 Review Last post on 12/1/10 at 5:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Portable Headphone] Fischer Audio Old School RPM 33 1/3 Pics Neutral, portable, & Fun!? Last post on 8/15/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer Eterna Alternatives (price & soundwise) Last post on 9/19/11 at 7:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love. - Page 30
ClieOs - thanks!
But i think Radius not so good as Tandem.
Tandem is a warm and relatively full sounding IEM on its own and has a very decent sound, but DDM killer it isn't. At DDM too soft lifted up, hooting and smeared bass. Tandem more faster and moe structured on low freq.
We are feeling like Tandem have somewhat pretty unique signature, and its not easy to find a direct comparison. However its just we :)
We recommend to use the smallest tips possible, with wide opening, there are 3 pairs of them included. Also we had some feedback about good match with Sony Hybrids.
Different insertion depth also noticeably differs the sound. Over-the-ear position gives more freedom to play with it
Given the rarity of both IEM, I doubt you will get an clear answer.
I'd like to hear more about Consonance since my Eternas broke down and I'm looking for new IEM's and if they really have more bass while keeping an over all good sound, then those might be it.
BTW although Eternas were quite good on the construction quality department, the strain reliefs were awful - first one came loose within 4 months and the second one after 7 months. Next time maybe use some more glue or a stronger one like Loctite Super Attak :P Shouldn't be that expensive if you order in bulk :D
Same thing happened to my Fischer Eterna V1's :(
Probably my fave headphones but left (or right - cant remember now) earpiece stopped working all over a sudden. May try DIY fix when I get time and hope its a dodgy jack but I seriously doubt it!
I really don't know what exactly happened to mine (how they actually disintegrated) but I think it might have been a case of too much drinking + not remembering that I had headphones in my pocket equaling broken headphones. And I just looked and they were those better Rev1 too. God damn it. I'm going to look if I find a way to open them up and maybe re-cable, but seems like a long shot :(
But the strain reliefs were still awfully built :)
Consonance is warmer, thicker and slightly more bassy than Eterna v1. It doesn't sound quite as crisp and detail on the top, but not too far off either. I won't say it beats my Eterna v1, but it is close and certainly much better than Eterna v2. The build quality is however much better than Eterna.
OK I mostly listen to DnB & Dub but occasionally i like to pop out my oldies and listen to rock also, so what do you think would suit me best ? I don't only mean Eterna and Consonance but the whole Fischer Audio's IEM line.
Thou Consonance seems to be something I'd like to try out, because to me, the highs seem like almost always too crisp and sharp, even sometimes Eterna V1 was too sharp for my liking. Besides the build quality problem... Anyways I read that the Rev1 was reproduced since the beginning of 2011. So did they fix the flaws the original had or did they reproduce it 100% with failing strain reliefs and all ? :D
But how would you compare Silver Bullets to those too ? I considered those while I was looking for IEMs last time and finally decided to buy Eternas. I've read that they are more balanced and generally very good SQ (better than Eterna but not as warm)
Silver Bullet is indeed technically better than Eterna, but If you really want to take the whole line-up into consideration - beside DBA-02, I would think the SBA-03 is the second best of all Fischer Audio right now.
Update - managed to open the Eterna's and re-cable them with cable from one of my old Sony earphones. Anyways point being - they now work again :) Thou I'd like to use a better cable. Any recommendations ?
How did you manage to open the Eterna's ??
Secondly, On the eterna, there is a Y Split, is there any crossover or something inside there?
What about gluing them together? I was thinking this: 0.5m Solid Silver 0.4mm Double Balanced Litz Braid
I was going to get some to make my RCA's (used Canare, not might as well try this hehe) I dont know how suitable they will be for IEM recable jobs, but I have used a Cat5 cable for a 3.5mm jack to jack and that Might be ok for an IEM Recable - at worst, cat5 cables are dirt cheap (Though a bit stiff)
- [REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 4 minutes ago
- › Two new HifiMan players announced: HM700 and HM802 4 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 6 minutes ago
- › Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] 8 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)