Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Foobar 2000 Screenshot Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Foobar 2000 Screenshot Thread - Page 9

post #121 of 429
LOL...C'mon guys, everyone knows the better it looks, the better the music sounds...

I have to admit ROB, when I first started using configs by Br3tt a while back, I was pulling my hair out...lol. I was switching from 9.5.2 for Panels then 9.6.8, then with my network drive some components were acting up. A few script changes so I can display artists the way I wanted etc... Once I got the hang of it, that was it. No turning back...It is not only the looks, different tabs have different features and it is just overall easier once you get the hang of it...

In reference to hooking it up to the HD tv, it's awesome. I plug my 7 laptop with Kameleon every once in a while. The wife even has to say "wow' that looks great then she says let me pick an album and mess with those tabs and arrows...lol

But again- different strokes for different folks and it is all good as long as the music sounds great...
post #122 of 429
red stripes make cars go faster
post #123 of 429
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBSCIX View Post
Don't listen to what? Oh ok...pull of the skin and look at nothing...Ah much better!
A skin player works just as easily as the stock or slightly modified one.
If they are too tricky for you that is OK...stick with the beginnner setup.
It has nothing to do with being a beginner or a veteran foobar user. The point is you don't need a fancy looking interface to effectively listen to music. Its just eye candy. It makes it "look" better, which I guess alot of people like. However I see it as useless garbage that only gets in the way. It makes technology appeal to average people who care more about looks than functionality. The same is true for the windows vista/7 "aero theme"
post #124 of 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpk View Post
red stripes make cars go faster
The mind is a powerful thing...lol...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy*Carl View Post
It has nothing to do with being a beginner or a veteran foobar user. The point is you don't need a fancy looking interface to effectively listen to music. Its just eye candy. It makes it "look" better, which I guess alot of people like. However I see it as useless garbage that only gets in the way. It makes technology appeal to average people who care more about looks than functionality. The same is true for the windows vista/7 "aero theme"
You da man Carl...lol---You started this thread for some input and we did what you asked to help you...

From your opening post-

Quote:
I was wondering if you guys could post pictures of your Foobar 2000 interface in action. I want to get some ideas of good setups and learn a little more about it. Thanks to all who post.
post #125 of 429
Keeping it simple

simple.jpg
LL
post #126 of 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy*Carl View Post
It has nothing to do with being a beginner or a veteran foobar user. The point is you don't need a fancy looking interface to effectively listen to music. Its just eye candy. It makes it "look" better, which I guess alot of people like. However I see it as useless garbage that only gets in the way. It makes technology appeal to average people who care more about looks than functionality. The same is true for the windows vista/7 "aero theme"
Whoa...it was a joke. I couldn't care less how you want to set up your system or player. However, somehow suggesting that I have limited functionality because of a skin is kinda off the mark to say the least.
If you want your player to look all simple...knock yourself out.
Most skins are designed to allow more funcitonality rather then hinder it.
Try a few, you might find one you like.
post #127 of 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFan12 View Post
LOL...C'mon guys, everyone knows the better it looks, the better the music sounds...

I have to admit ROB, when I first started using configs by Br3tt a while back, I was pulling my hair out...lol. I was switching from 9.5.2 for Panels then 9.6.8, then with my network drive some components were acting up. A few script changes so I can display artists the way I wanted etc... Once I got the hang of it, that was it. No turning back...It is not only the looks, different tabs have different features and it is just overall easier once you get the hang of it...

In reference to hooking it up to the HD tv, it's awesome. I plug my 7 laptop with Chameleon every once in a while. The wife even has to say "wow' that looks great then she says let me pick an album and mess with those tabs and arrows...lol

But again- different strokes for different folks and it is all good as long as the music sounds great...
I mess with the skin because I like to figure out how they program the different function and modify the skin myself. They can be tricky at first and I think that is why some shy away or make excuses not to use them.

Funny that a person asks to see what people are using and then gets down on them because they are using something that looks better then some win 95 player.

To each their own.
post #128 of 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBSCIX View Post
Whoa...it was a joke. I couldn't care less how you want to set up your system or player. However, somehow suggesting that I have limited functionality because of a skin is kinda off the mark to say the least.
If you want your player to look all simple...knock yourself out.
Most skins are designed to allow more funcitonality rather then hinder it.
Try a few, you might find one you like.
On the Money.
post #129 of 429
post #130 of 429
I like the simplicity and stability of Default UI and with minimal effort you can add a little eye candy to make it look decent too.
I wish there was a component for browsing albums by cover art. With the DUI SDK finally out maybe I'll get my wish before long.



post #131 of 429
Thread Starter 
Album art... lol, whats that. I thought music was for the ears, not the eyes?
post #132 of 429
Nice to see details about what your listening to? Also works great for keeping your music organized. On my player, all the albums are shown and are easy to navigate...instead of looking through 1000's of songs listings to find one. Just pick the album you want to listen to or playlists..etc.

To each their own though.
post #133 of 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by razmajazz View Post
I like the simplicity and stability of Default UI and with minimal effort you can add a little eye candy to make it look decent too.
I wish there was a component for browsing albums by cover art. With the DUI SDK finally out maybe I'll get my wish before long.
What? I only browse by albums to keep things organized. I use a few of the avilable skins though. Some of them use Chronoflow which puts your albums in a stack and allows you to thumb through them using the mouse wheel. -I also use aremote when I have the player on on the big screen during parties and Holidays.
Most allow you to list the albums for sorting.

Maybe you should check some of them out, or as you said program a new UI program,,etc. I have been messing with scriptings etc. Not quite tot that level yet though.
post #134 of 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by razmajazz View Post
I wish there was a component for browsing albums by cover art. With the DUI SDK finally out maybe I'll get my wish before long.
You can try the Graphical Browser. It works with the latest version of Foobar. There are some interesting FB2K skins in the #foo-nation deviantART gallery
post #135 of 429
Forgot about that plugin. Many of the skins offer graphical browsers as they make sorting and organization so much easier. Atleast for me anyway...

Let's see your Skin Jenneth, are you a default guy or skinned out? -J/K.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Foobar 2000 Screenshot Thread