or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HE-5..initial musings
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HE-5..initial musings - Page 39

post #571 of 1668
60201 = Evanston, Illinois.
post #572 of 1668
This is really interesting, 60201 is my zip code (Chicago area). It sounds like you have my tracking number (maybe copied incorrectly) as mine were delivered yesterday. I will PM you my tracking number and see if it matches.
Contact Fang ASAP.
post #573 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by plonter View Post
thanks, it seems like they are the strongest candidate for replacing my HD650. ofcourse i am not anticipating for a "denon like" bass, denon is denon and have their own usage amd purpose. i just don't want another bass anemic headphone.
a question..i read that these have a lot of air which sound like something i like...grado like. but how is the treble comparing to the grado sound? are they as bright as the grados?
and how the bass quantity comparing to the hd650? please just answer with "more or less" answer so i can get a proper evaluation, thanks.
The treble is somewhat similar to my 325is I had recently, detailed and smooth and somewhat prominent (but I only have 15 hours or so on these, TIFWIW). I am actually hoping it tames some with use.
post #574 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3320070 View Post
This is really interesting, 60201 is my zip code (Chicago area). It sounds like you have my tracking number (maybe copied incorrectly) as mine were delivered yesterday. I will PM you my tracking number and see if it matches.
Contact Fang ASAP.
Thanks for the quick response - unfortunately (or fortunately) the number you sent me is not my tracking number.

I did email head-direct customer service. Is there a quicker way to contact Fang?
post #575 of 1668
Bizarre, I don't imagine anyone else in Evanston has ordered a pair!
post #576 of 1668
Got a reply from head-direct saying they are looking into it. Pretty quick turnaround - hopefully the resolution will be just as quick. I ordered in the beginning of last month (when they were out of stock apparently) - its been one agonizing wait.
post #577 of 1668
Can someone confirm that the center post for the coax type connectors is positive and the casing is the negative or ground- that's how it is normally for coax cables.
Edit: it is, I realized I could use the original cable to find that out.....duh.
post #578 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3320070 View Post
The treble is somewhat similar to my 325is I had recently, detailed and smooth and somewhat prominent (but I only have 15 hours or so on these, TIFWIW). I am actually hoping it tames some with use.
Ut oh, I sincerely hope so. I don't want another Grado
post #579 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by electropop View Post
Ut oh, I sincerely hope so. I don't want another Grado
This was a compliment to the HE-5 actually- the 325is treble in my system was excellent and immersive.
Note that I mean similar, not the same, in that it's prominent, detailed and sparkly.
post #580 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3320070 View Post
This was a compliment to the HE-5 actually- the 325is treble in my system was excellent and immersive.
Note that I mean similar, not the same, in that it's prominent, detailed and sparkly.

i was listening to Grado 325i today(modded version) with OTL amp and then switched back to Moth 2a3-HE-5 combo.Its a totally different listening experience .All depends how you drive the phones,on my OTL the highs are good on 325i no sibilance at all and the HE-5/Moth 2a3 has crisper highs but at the same time is clean and smooth -similar to Stax O2.Even on poor amps i couldnt get He-5 sound hard or sibilant.
post #581 of 1668
That's fine but I had the 325is version (which seems to be smoother tan the "i"), and balanced and thru the Phoenix which really improves Grados from my experience.
Yes, they are very different headphones overall though, just the treble on both is prominent and detailed.
post #582 of 1668
Well, at least the sr325i's don't sound natural. I'm hoping the HE-5's will. It's still unclear from all of the impressions whether it's linear and natural or overly sparkly and prominent (like Grados).. Time will tell.
post #583 of 1668
I received my HE-5 today and I'm burning them in now. The highs are a bit prominent but not in a fatiguing way. I'm running them on my SPL Phonitor. No trouble at all driving these headphones. On Thursday I'll receive my new Zana Deux SE and I'm really looking forward to listening to that combo. I would prefer a longer cord. Does anyone know if Drew makes cables for the HE-5? I think I would prefer a pure copper cable like the Blue Dragon or a Cardas cable. I would also consider an Apuresound cable but I usually like copper better than silver/copper.
post #584 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by electropop View Post
Well, at least the sr325i's don't sound natural. I'm hoping the HE-5's will. It's still unclear from all of the impressions whether it's linear and natural or overly sparkly and prominent (like Grados).. Time will tell.
Definitely more natural, refined with better/more bass than the Grado's.
I am hearing more as is stated a lot around here- buzz from guitar amps, singers moving in their chairs, breath intake, etc. This can good and bad obviously but more good to my ear. Instruments are quite distinct from one another on the good recordings. Brass instruments are in particular very real sounding (in a classical number I listened to).
post #585 of 1668
I might add that the HE-5 looks great. I'm very picky but I don't see any QC problems whatsoever. I like the comfort too, maybe not as much as the HD800 but no complaints.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HE-5..initial musings