or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HE-5..initial musings
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HE-5..initial musings - Page 10

post #136 of 1668
I didn't say enough about female vocals on the HE-5 - just beautiful, and for their purity. Not due to any coloration. Neko Case's "Magpie To The Morning" from Middle Cyclone - just goose-bump city via the HE-5 from my Decware CSP-2.
post #137 of 1668
Hmm...Headphone amp for JH13 or the HE5? Can't choose!
post #138 of 1668
I bit on these. Fang said my warranty may be void if I reterminate them myself- I hope that's not true (but I guess I understand).
Skylab, you have not balanced them yet, correct?
post #139 of 1668
No - I am ordering a balanced cable from APureSound - and they have the right connectors, so the cables can easily be interchanged.
post #140 of 1668
OT but how about that IU-NU game? I grew up in Bloomington, IN so this was interesting (and no surprises to me).
post #141 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3320070 View Post
OT but how about that IU-NU game? I grew up in Bloomington, IN so this was interesting (and no surprises to me).
Heck of a game - I was there, of course (being an NU Season Ticket Holder )
post #142 of 1668
I live 5 minutes from the stadium. You should really try the Ref-1 with the Phoenix sometime.
Sorry, no more OT for me.
post #143 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
No - I am ordering a balanced cable from APureSound - and they have the right connectors, so the cables can easily be interchanged.
link?
post #144 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
link?
nevermind. stupid question.
post #145 of 1668
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
link?
orders@apuresound.com will put you in touch with Alex and Heli. drubrew@earthlink.net will get you to Moon Audio and Drew who also has been working on the cable.
post #146 of 1668
There are no specifics yet on that cable, but website is here: APureSound - Where The Music Is Always Pure - APS Audio LLC.

You need to email them about this specific cable.
post #147 of 1668
What are the connectors at the headphone side- they look like mini coax? Can someone give me a part number as I may build my own cable to avoid warranty issues with cutting the end of the cable to reterminate.
post #148 of 1668
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
I didn't say enough about female vocals on the HE-5 - just beautiful, and for their purity. Not due to any coloration. Neko Case's "Magpie To The Morning" from Middle Cyclone - just goose-bump city via the HE-5 from my Decware CSP-2.
Females...and the boy's do O.K. also. Simon&Garfunkel (Arthur on the left side and Paul on the right) puddled the cortex in the middle. "Live in New York: 1967" (at Carnegie) is wondrous and focused on space with clarity!

(Sniff!) Hurry Alex with me' phones (sniff)!
post #149 of 1668
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3320070 View Post
I bit on these. Fang said my warranty may be void if I reterminate them myself- I hope that's not true (but I guess I understand).
Skylab, you have not balanced them yet, correct?
VERY GOOD POINT!! PEOPLE: If you modify ANY GEAR you Run the risk of voiding your warranty. I do it all the time and know the risks and accept them!

THINK before doing any MODIFICATIONS on anything.....anytime!!!
post #150 of 1668
i was switching between HE-5 and Senn HD-800 today.I gave the phones to my wife to compare- she said the KRELL/HE-5 just blow the HD-800 completely away.I agree with her and say that the HE-5 puts life in music that i have never ever experienced from any audio component before.The question is how much power does the HE-5 need to perform on this level and what a role does the balanced connection play here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HE-5..initial musings