New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multiple IEM Shootout v.3 - Page 9

post #121 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laokid18 View Post
looking very forward to your re252 review.
ditto
post #122 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
I will do a review, but perhaps not 'soon'

I am trying to finish up RE252 review with in a week, and perhaps Hippo VB and Shroom the following week. Meanwhile I am still waiting for my order of PL21 to arrive, same goes for SA1. I also have another three ~ four reviews scheduled before X'mas (one for FiiO E7 and three yet-to-confirmed IEM/earbud). Hopefully I can get to them in time. If everything goes well, you can expect SA1 review in first or 2nd week in December. I'll try to speed things up but I don't want to rush the process.

There are a few other IEM that looks very interesting as well (PR1 Pro for an example), but I am tied up for now and they'll have to wait.
That's soon enough for me

I am really looking forward to the SA1 review. The removable cables is what got me interested in them, since it would be nice to be able to just replace those instead of the whole set of iems when I inevitably break my cables.

EDIT: Oh, I tend to wrap my cables around my mp3 player and keep it in my pocket, so that's kinda why I like more durable cables, heh.
post #123 of 297
thanx for the update....
post #124 of 297
Thread Starter 
Just finish up reorganizing stuff, thought I give it a bump.

To make thing easier, I decide to continue the next 18 IEM review/comparison in the v3 instead of starting the v4. I am expecting at least 5~10 pair of IEM to come in January, so stay tuned.
post #125 of 297
Awesome work here ClieOS. Couldnt ask for better! Awaiting v4!
post #126 of 297
Noob here, I've been debating between 3 iem's, re0, eterna, and trifi. My taste for sound is very crisp and detailed highs , full mids ( the kind of mids that when a women sings it makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck. lol.) and bass that compliments the high spectrum of music, im not a bass head , but i do like bass that is efficient sounding( not boomy or bloated). I also love a big wide sound stage, where the music is all around you, but can be pinpointed in certain areas, kind of a 3 dimensional effect, or should i say theater system type audio transfer. I'm a retired dj who still loves top quality sounding music. Other than the three i have picked of interest i'm open to suggestions. my source is sansa fuze and a practical device xm4. thanks to all who reply.
post #127 of 297
I know people on here love the RE0, and I can see why many would favor it, but I would have to say the TF10 is the way to go for what you described. I have not heard the eternal personally, but it has been described as fun, but not overly detailed.
post #128 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post
I know people on here love the RE0, and I can see why many would favor it, but I would have to say the TF10 is the way to go for what you described. I have not heard the eternal personally, but it has been described as fun, but not overly detailed.
I'm very interested in the TF 10 , my concern from what i've read the past month is the fitting issues . I would hate to drop a 150 bucks to not have them fit properly, but then again i might have no issues with it at all.
post #129 of 297
IMHO fit issues are primarily due to not trying enough tips, insertion angles, insertion depths, etc. It is rare that an IEM won't fit and give a seal under any condition, it is just dependent on each individuals patience/desire and available resources! For example, I didn't think they were all that hot until I used a UE double flange (which is NOT included in the supplied tips). Now I am thoroughly impressed!

Plus, if you drop $150 and they don't work, you are more than likely to make up most of your money, at least enough to get the Eterna or RE0.

And let me throw out some other IEMs:
- Mingo WM2 - detailed with a fairly wide presentation, good bass (and a lot of bass) with very sweet mids and treble
- Cyclone PR2 - detailed with a closer presentation with excellent detail. Mine are still burning in.
- Cyclone PR1 - similar to the PR2, but less bass.

I would still take the TF10 over the Cyclone's, but I love the presentation of the WM2!
post #130 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post
IMHO fit issues are primarily due to not trying enough tips, insertion angles, insertion depths, etc. It is rare that an IEM won't fit and give a seal under any condition, it is just dependent on each individuals patience/desire and available resources! For example, I didn't think they were all that hot until I used a UE double flange (which is NOT included in the supplied tips). Now I am thoroughly impressed!

Plus, if you drop $150 and they don't work, you are more than likely to make up most of your money, at least enough to get the Eterna or RE0.

And let me throw out some other IEMs:
- Mingo WM2 - detailed with a fairly wide presentation, good bass (and a lot of bass) with very sweet mids and treble
- Cyclone PR2 - detailed with a closer presentation with excellent detail. Mine are still burning in.
- Cyclone PR1 - similar to the PR2, but less bass.

I would still take the TF10 over the Cyclone's, but I love the presentation of the WM2!
Thanks for the input, very helpful. I guess i'll get the tf 10 , i'm a very paitient person so i'll mess with tips until i get the right ones. I will look into the WM2 also. Is the price in the ballpark of the TF 10? thanks again.
post #131 of 297
The WM2 is less than $100 shipped, I believe. It really depends on what sound signature and frequency response you are looking for IMO. The WM2 can pump out the bass depending on the tips/insertion, or can be very detailed and have mellow bass, again depending on the tips/insertion.
post #132 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post
The WM2 is less than $100 shipped, I believe. It really depends on what sound signature and frequency response you are looking for IMO. The WM2 can pump out the bass depending on the tips/insertion, or can be very detailed and have mellow bass, again depending on the tips/insertion.
Dont get me wrong i love bass, as long as it compliments the spectrum but not complicate it. Sometimes bass will mask the higher frequencies and drowned out alot of detail, thats my concern.BTW i have been reading up on the WM2 here on the forum, seems pretty convincing.
post #133 of 297
Uhhhh if they only made a portable dbx driverack.
post #134 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidostrunk View Post
Dont get me wrong i love bass, as long as it compliments the spectrum but not complicate it. Sometimes bass will mask the higher frequencies and drowned out alot of detail, thats my concern.BTW i have been reading up on the WM2 here on the forum, seems pretty convincing.
I don't think the bass interferes with any other frequency. What I do think is, when compared to say the RE0, the WM2 has a more laid back presentation with more bass and treble energy, which take the focus off the mids, making it harder to focus on just the mid detail. But I do think all the details are there, and maybe even more bass detail, as I can hear details in the WM2 bass I can't hear in the RE0, probably because they are stronger. And actually, I feel the treble is a little more forward on the WM2 than the RE0, making the details easier to hear.

I am working on a review of the IEMs I have heard over the last year, where I will include all my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidostrunk View Post
Uhhhh if they only made a portable dbx driverack.
I hear the S9 is quite able at EQing.
post #135 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post
I don't think the bass interferes with any other frequency. What I do think is, when compared to say the RE0, the WM2 has a more laid back presentation with more bass and treble energy, which take the focus off the mids, making it harder to focus on just the mid detail. But I do think all the details are there, and maybe even more bass detail, as I can hear details in the WM2 bass I can't hear in the RE0, probably because they are stronger. And actually, I feel the treble is a little more forward on the WM2 than the RE0, making the details easier to hear.

I am working on a review of the IEMs I have heard over the last year, where I will include all my thoughts.



I hear the S9 is quite able at EQing.
S9 hmmmm, im on it. very new to the whole headphone thing. looks promising to still be able to use the 300 thousand + files i still have stored from bein a dj.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: