- 582 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Location: Oklahoma City
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Mini Audio = iBasso?? Last post on 3/27/12 at 5:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Does any other online shop sell iBasso headphone amps ? Last post on 12/5/10 at 3:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for Fischer DBA-02 other than Mystify? Last post on 12/4/10 at 12:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp pairing with Sansa Fuze in size? Last post on 10/1/10 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- PopPulse headphone amp? Last post on 9/28/10 at 4:05am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
iBasso D42 "Mamba" with dual dacs! !! Hey Hey! Improved Starting on Page 76 . - Page 61post #901 of 11535/3/10 at 10:10pmIm looking to buy maybe a set of full sized cans. Which ones will sound good with the D4? Budget will be 250 or so when i pull the trigger. I dont wanna have to buy another amp right now so id like something that can be driven pretty well with the d4. Sorry for the vague question but ive done some research and just don tknow which ones might not be pushed quite good enough with it.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #902 of 11535/3/10 at 10:23pmpost #903 of 11535/4/10 at 2:15amI've ordered both the T3 and the D4. T3 came with EMS (regular post office) and D4 came with DHL. No customs issues with any of them. I made iBasso write a lower value on both packages.post #904 of 11535/4/10 at 8:29amQuote:Im looking to buy maybe a set of full sized cans. Which ones will sound good with the D4? Budget will be 250 or so when i pull the trigger. I dont wanna have to buy another amp right now so id like something that can be driven pretty well with the d4. Sorry for the vague question but ive done some research and just don tknow which ones might not be pushed quite good enough with it.post #905 of 11535/4/10 at 10:10ampost #906 of 11535/4/10 at 10:11ampost #907 of 11535/6/10 at 8:40pmpost #908 of 11535/6/10 at 9:52pmQuote:
D4 will drive most Grados, Denon and Ultrasone well on 5v USB power, and seems a little lacking with HD600/800 but it's very useable, but struggles dearly on 5v with HE-5, 600 ohm AKG K240M or K1000. 9v ups the ante with hard to drive phones, but K1000 still don't like it.post #909 of 11535/7/10 at 7:13amQuote:Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict
D4 will drive most Grados, Denon and Ultrasone well on 5v USB power, and seems a little lacking with HD600/800 but it's very useable, but struggles dearly on 5v with HE-5, 600 ohm AKG K240M or K1000. 9v ups the ante with hard to drive phones, but K1000 still don't like it.
What about the 650? Is it about the same with 600? I'm still debating which of the 2 to get but I guess I'll just have to read up on both.post #910 of 11535/7/10 at 8:25ampost #911 of 11535/7/10 at 4:59pmQuote:
If I knew with the HD650 I would have mentioned it, but I don't have a pair. I think the HD650 need more powerful amps than 600/650, and with what amps I had at the time the HD650 did not sound better than the 600.post #912 of 11535/8/10 at 5:50ampost #913 of 11535/18/10 at 8:01pmpost #914 of 11535/19/10 at 7:53pm
Curious to know how the D4 would compare to the new Audio-gd Sparrow? Or the Fun, for that matter. Everyone seems to say that desktop amps are so much better. But if the DAC is the best part of the Audio-gd stuff, and the D4's DAC is the same (or better), than I don't see it. Just wondering if anyone's seen an A/B anywhere, esp for IEMs.
Edited by AVU - 5/20/10 at 9:39pmpost #915 of 11535/19/10 at 8:01pm
No, the USB has priority, and the Aux In/Out becomes an output. The Aux Input will only work on battery.
- iBasso D42 "Mamba" with dual dacs! !! Hey Hey! Improved Starting on Page 76 .
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › DIY Earbuds 24 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Ran my IEMs in the washing machine lol. 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 Amp 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 7 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear