or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps ›  iBasso D42 "Mamba" with dual dacs! !! Hey Hey! Improved Starting on Page 76 .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso D42 "Mamba" with dual dacs! !! Hey Hey! Improved Starting on Page 76 . - Page 12

post #166 of 1153
Liking the D4 a lot. With the SE530, I hear no extremely noticeable noise till beyond the 2 o'clock position on high gain (powered by USB still waiting for 9v to finish charging). Finally! I don't have to suffer through the noisy internal soundcard of my laptop.

EDIT: well tll I turned it to low-gain, it was dead silent... my bad still some noise but not that bad on high-gain
post #167 of 1153
I'm not hearing a big difference with my akg k450's. Did other owners feel like a burn in will change the sound significantly? It is a bit quieter than my headphone out of my laptop, but i don't think it was worth the amount of money. any suggestions?
post #168 of 1153
While I thought there was no chance for me to get a review sample of the D4, there may actually be one now! Will update, but there soon may be a D4 review here verses the Pico. So those who want to see this comparison, tell iBasso to send me one!
post #169 of 1153
It took just under a week to get my ibasso d4.. 4 days to be exact..
post #170 of 1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow View Post
While I thought there was no chance for me to get a review sample of the D4, there may actually be one now! Will update, but there soon may be a D4 review here verses the Pico. So those who want to see this comparison, tell iBasso to send me one!
Maybe we'll start a review battle and have everyone ask them to send one to me for review instead.
post #171 of 1153
Hey... this isn't highlander, there can me MORE than 1!!
post #172 of 1153
Thread Starter 
I didn't think about using the D4 to take streamed music like, oh I don't know, "The Grateful Dead" and play it.. Sounds great. . . resonating bass, pure highs and smooth mids. . . .
post #173 of 1153
Hi jamato8 & HiFlight,

This is the last question before I make the decision on P3+ and D4. I swear

From the ibasso website, I noticed that the P3+ uses some high quality components such as, gold plated PCB, ALPS volume pot, Nichicon cap, Vishay resistors, Switchcraft jacks. So what components are D4 used? Will the different level components effect the SQ a lot?
post #174 of 1153
They rejected my offer to do a review because my main DAC/Amp is the Pico, which apparently creates artificial treble. Oh well, was worth a try right =).
post #175 of 1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow View Post
They rejected my offer to do a review because my main DAC/Amp is the Pico, which apparently creates artificial treble. Oh well, was worth a try right =).
I'm not sure what to disagree upon: their treble claim (which I disagree with) or their reluctance to lend you a review unit because of the above-mentioned claim!
post #176 of 1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3cT View Post
I'm not sure what to disagree upon: their treble claim (which I disagree with) or their reluctance to lend you a review unit because of the above-mentioned claim!
Its kind of weird considering I own/owned 3 of their amps, including the D2 and D10. What eva, they probably want someone who doesn't like the pico and likes the D10. I was going to buy one and then sell it here (take a hit on shipping or something like that), but this tells me they are not very confident of their product.
post #177 of 1153
Has Ibasso ever announced a stand alone dac with a form factor like the D4 or D10? Anyway the D4 looks rather intruiging and with that pricebracket it's hard to resist
post #178 of 1153
Thanks for the topkit Ron! Just got it in today, and it's a definite improvement over that of the stock opamps. Took me awhile to get the stock opamps off though, they were so cramped in there.
post #179 of 1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow View Post
Its kind of weird considering I own/owned 3 of their amps, including the D2 and D10. What eva, they probably want someone who doesn't like the pico and likes the D10. I was going to buy one and then sell it here (take a hit on shipping or something like that), but this tells me they are not very confident of their product.
I have not asked for a review sample because I like to pay for them and not send them back, and I didn't want to spend the money right now. I do still own the D2 and D10, and I use the D10 daily while the Pico is tucked away in my drawer. I guess that makes me a candidate.
post #180 of 1153

I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow View Post
Its kind of weird considering I own/owned 3 of their amps, including the D2 and D10. What eva, they probably want someone who doesn't like the pico and likes the D10. I was going to buy one and then sell it here (take a hit on shipping or something like that), but this tells me they are not very confident of their product.
I think it's more of they would rather you just simply buy it, than give you one for free!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps ›  iBasso D42 "Mamba" with dual dacs! !! Hey Hey! Improved Starting on Page 76 .