Full speed vs high speed. Full speed is for use with USB 1.0, high speed for 2.0
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details Last post on Today at 12:37 am in Dedicated Source Components
- "Headphone Amplifier With DAC" - iPhone Lightning to Headphone Jack Last post on 12/16/16 at 11:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 9/8/16 at 1:40am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Was hoping Schiit would cover Modi under warranty since it died just 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
The Antelope Zodiac / Zodiac + / Zodiac Gold DAC Thread - Page 32post #466 of 51511/11/13 at 1:42pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #467 of 51511/11/13 at 2:35pmpost #468 of 51511/17/13 at 6:16pm
I got myself a silver one. (I better not wait the P coming out, save a lot of money)
And happy with this upgrade from my current system.
Have a question of power upgrade, any opinion welcomepost #469 of 51512/22/13 at 8:52am
guys need your advice. thinking of getting between the zodiac (normal version) or the audio note 1.1x. The prices are similar, although there is a 4 weeks wait for the audio note. There is not much reviews/talk about the audio note so its quite hard to decide. The wet and musical sound is what i'm after, and I have seen somewhere in this thread that someone described the zodiac as wet and beautiful (har har ^_^)... sounding!post #470 of 51512/24/13 at 5:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by angelsblood
guys need your advice. thinking of getting between the zodiac (normal version) or the audio note 1.1x. The prices are similar, although there is a 4 weeks wait for the audio note. There is not much reviews/talk about the audio note so its quite hard to decide. The wet and musical sound is what i'm after, and I have seen somewhere in this thread that someone described the zodiac as wet and beautiful (har har ^_^)... sounding!
I've heard the Platinum... It's beautiful sounding for sure, it's as beautiful as I'm getting one for myself.
If you've got a chance to listen to any of the Zodiacs, do that.post #471 of 51512/25/13 at 3:02am
I am a new guy of Zodiac world .And I was jump from Chord QuteHD DSD Dac + Woo Audio WA2 (with all upgrade tubes) .
I enjoy my Zodiac Silver with ED10 . Special about the soundstage and the detail on low level playing .
Can any one tell me about the following .
Did Zodiac need power supply from USB cable ?
Power buttom switch between power on and stand-by mode......is it really stabd-by or just power off ?
When I turn the headphone amp vol. to min. it is off or just min. ? That mean I should or should not plug off the heahphone when I connect to speaker system .
Sorry about my poor english and foolish guestions .post #472 of 5151/11/14 at 5:32am
This is reply from ANTELOPE .
1. Zodiac DAC comes with a power supply, the USB is only for data transferring.
2. Power button - switches between ready to use and stand by, if you want it completely off should disconnect the power cord.
3. You do not have to disconnect the headphones to use the speakers - just go all the way down the headphone volume if you do not want to hear sound from them.
Edited by casaahman - 1/11/14 at 7:26ampost #473 of 5152/6/14 at 2:36pmpost #474 of 5152/8/14 at 5:46ampost #475 of 5152/25/14 at 7:08ampost #476 of 5152/26/14 at 3:06ampost #477 of 5152/26/14 at 4:48ampost #478 of 5152/26/14 at 6:17amQuote:You can also buy Atomic clock on eBay for $150 and use with Platinum.
With a strong desire, you can collect and Antelope. This is not a topic for discussion in this thread.
DIY Links to throw a personal messagepost #479 of 5152/26/14 at 6:27amQuote:
Whatever. I've owned Z+ and Gold. You can do better. Stepped attenuator is outmoded tech.....post #480 of 5152/26/14 at 6:35amI know that you can do anything, but this topic is not for Homebrew. I reported the news, and you give advice on the replacement device that has not yet appeared in the sale and there is no review for homemade "pepelats".Thank you, I smiled :)
- The Antelope Zodiac / Zodiac + / Zodiac Gold DAC Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 38 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 3 minutes ago
- › Upgrade options &Thoughts: higher bit rate vs balanced setup 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 4 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear