New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skateboard-Fi - Page 15

post #211 of 252

once or twice, at my cousins, there is a real longboarding scene where i live, like the one where you slide on your hands.

if is were to try and 'get into' any other type of board it would be a bowl/cruiser board, as it has the best of both worlds for me, big wheels and aerial trick capabilities.

post #212 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmaggot View Post
 big wheels and aerial trick capabilities.

There you go ;)

 


Edited by customcoco - 10/26/12 at 6:16am
post #213 of 252

the slide with one leg out looks kind of cool

post #214 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmaggot View Post

the slide with one leg out looks kind of cool


Yep. The board seems pretty nice too, but probably a little too stiff for my taste..

post #215 of 252

Haha, I'd have to say not stiff enough for my tastes.

post #216 of 252

700

 

700

 

 

So I did end up selling that Frankie Hill Clint Eastwood deck I had, I found out Cease and Desist did not have the permission from Frankie Hill after I browsed over to his site and saw him ripping them all nasty! Sold it for $20 profit and bought myself this little baby, Jay Adams Z-Flex. I have a pair of shoes that will not lose any grip on the bottom and with the tape that came on this, it was just too much for my liking, too stiff. I cut that baby up and like it way better now, lets me slide my feet a lot easier.

post #217 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfWax View Post


 

 

So I did end up selling that Frankie Hill Clint Eastwood deck I had, I found out Cease and Desist did not have the permission from Frankie Hill after I browsed over to his site and saw him ripping them all nasty! Sold it for $20 profit and bought myself this little baby, Jay Adams Z-Flex. I have a pair of shoes that will not lose any grip on the bottom and with the tape that came on this, it was just too much for my liking, too stiff. I cut that baby up and like it way better now, lets me slide my feet a lot easier.

Cool Board ! 

 

What kind of wheels?

post #218 of 252

Arbor Fish koa (4 years old), gullwing chargers with khiro bushings :

 

700

 

700

 

Neversummer Heist classic flex, paris 180's, bones swiss ceramics and purple orangatang in heats :

 

700

 

700

 

 

700

 

700

 

And some of my hardware :

 

700

 

B.T.W.: some of the wheels above are for sale, pm me if you're interested.

post #219 of 252

It's got 63mm 78A z-smooth wheels

Z-flex has the P.O.P series and have a new mini-cruiser, it's shorter, looks pretty rad, I'm kinda tempted now

post #220 of 252

I've got a Jati Akira on Surf-Rodz RKP's. My friends complain about the wide turning radius, but this setup is nice and smooth and stable, especially on the bigger hills.

post #221 of 252

Now that I've gotten old and fat this is what I ride, 33cc powered Dirt Surferwink_face.gif

post #222 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster View Post

Now that I've gotten old and fat this is what I ride, 33cc powered Dirt Surferwink_face.gif

That looks funny, how does it ride?

post #223 of 252

Takes a little while to get used to but you can (or should I say could) customize it like crazy before John Law outlawed them and Viza stopped production. You can probably pull up some you tube stuff on them and possibly find some footage at Viza.com, you can vary handling with tighter springs on the trucks especially if you like going all out on street surface. With carb, throttle body and exhaust mods I have it up to about 27/8MPH with my 220Lbs but if you are under 175Lbs you can get real close to 31MPH and believe me you want a stiff suspension at those speeds to keep from having high speed wobbleeek.gif 31MPH does not sound really fast but when standing upright it's like (feels anyway) 60

 

It's actually Vizamotors.com now and if you look under parts & access the Dirt Super comes up as you can still get parts just not a full rigfrown.gif


Edited by Podster - 6/21/13 at 2:03pm
post #224 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster View Post

Takes a little while to get used to but you can (or should I say could) customize it like crazy before John Law outlawed them and Viza stopped production. You can probably pull up some you tube stuff on them and possibly find some footage at Viza.com, you can vary handling with tighter springs on the trucks especially if you like going all out on street surface. With carb, throttle body and exhaust mods I have it up to about 27/8MPH with my 220Lbs but if you are under 175Lbs you can get real close to 31MPH and believe me you want a stiff suspension at those speeds to keep from having high speed wobbleeek.gif 31MPH does not sound really fast but when standing upright it's like (feels anyway) 60

 

It's actually Vizamotors.com now and if you look under parts & access the Dirt Super comes up as you can still get parts just not a full rigfrown.gif


I've done a 85km/h ride once, on a downhill board. One of the most intense emotion I've ever felt. You feel naked, exposed to the elements. You try to get as low on the board as possible, trying to grab that last moment, to make it last. I was breathless when I got off the board, a few miles down. What an amazing souvenir...

 

That video sums it well :

 

 

It's sad about those power boards, they look like an awful lot of fun...

post #225 of 252

Some fun skateboard trucks I helped design..

 

Yes, they are the best.

 

http://www.peterverdone.com/archive/pvdtrucks.htm

 

-JG

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home