or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › USB to SPDIF converters shoot-out : EMU 0404 USB vs. Musiland Monitor 01 USD vs. Teralink-x vs. M2Tech hiFace
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

USB to SPDIF converters shoot-out : EMU 0404 USB vs. Musiland Monitor 01 USD vs. Teralink-x vs. M2Tech hiFace - Page 44  

post #646 of 1712
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
Thanks a lot Steve.

I would like to add the Weiss DAC2 to your list.

Daniel Weiss in one of his articles also states that you don't need to spend a fortune on a FW cable, a good quality one is enough.
Also missed the Fireface400 and Fireface800, both async.

Its easy to tell because they have word-clock inputs.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
post #647 of 1712
Does anyone know where the M2Tech HiFace can be bought in Canada?
post #648 of 1712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrose View Post
Does anyone know where the M2Tech HiFace can be bought in Canada?
Local distributors are only located in Australia, France, Hungary, Japan, UK, Singapore and Thailand. Though you can get it online shipped to you here: M2Tech HiFace USB to SPDIF or BNC Interface
post #649 of 1712
I thought it's only available with RCA and BNC is available via a RCA to BNC adapter
post #650 of 1712
Quote:
Originally Posted by manaox2 View Post
Local distributors are only located in Australia, France, Hungary, Japan, UK, Singapore and Thailand. Though you can get it online shipped to you here: M2Tech HiFace USB to SPDIF or BNC Interface
Thanks manaox.
post #651 of 1712
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
I thought it's only available with RCA and BNC is available via a RCA to BNC adapter
rosgr63,
there is BNC version... a few friends already have it
best regards
André
post #652 of 1712
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendo View Post
rosgr63,
there is BNC version... a few friends already have it
best regards
André
Thanks André, I didn't know this, when I got mine Marco told me there was only a RCA version and if I wanted BNC I had to buy an adapter.
post #653 of 1712
I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread, but there is a review on another audio site - M2Tech hiFace 24-bit/192kHz USB Digital Audio Interface A journey into the world of PC audio. Review By Mike Galusha
Seems to be pretty positive.
post #654 of 1712
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by argentum View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread, but there is a review on another audio site - M2Tech hiFace 24-bit/192kHz USB Digital Audio Interface A journey into the world of PC audio. Review By Mike Galusha
Seems to be pretty positive.
Thanks for the link!
According to the reviewer, here is how the hiface compares to his other gear : "My order of preference from least to most is the Denon 2900, modified Squeezebox, Logitech Transporter, hiFace RCA version and finally the hiFace BNC version."

Speaking of reviews, it seems that 6moons is also planning a review for the m2tech hiface. (see here : 6moons.com: Audio Reviews)
post #655 of 1712
i was wondering if i should upgrade from my monitor 01USD to the Hi-face device.
Or is there anything else on the horizon for about 150 bucks? the empirical audio thing maybe?

My dac is the Audio GD-DAC3SE (don't know how transport sensitive it is)

any suggestions?
post #656 of 1712
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
i was wondering if i should upgrade from my monitor 01USD to the Hi-face device.
Or is there anything else on the horizon for about 150 bucks? the empirical audio thing maybe?

My dac is the Audio GD-DAC3SE (don't know how transport sensitive it is)

any suggestions?
The Empirical Audio product will probably be an excellent product but I guess it will cost a lot more than $150 when it's released.
post #657 of 1712
Interestingly, the reviewer favors m2tech over Logitech Transporter.. :-)
post #658 of 1712
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
i was wondering if i should upgrade from my monitor 01USD to the Hi-face device.
Or is there anything else on the horizon for about 150 bucks? the empirical audio thing maybe?

My dac is the Audio GD-DAC3SE (don't know how transport sensitive it is)

any suggestions?
In my opinion, the Hiface is worth the price in comparison with the Musiland.
For about 150 bucks, you could also buy a Teralink-X2 with an external power supply and a upgraded usb cable. However, I am not convinced that it will outperform the hiface because the teralink-x2 uses the old adaptive technology and no matter how good you modify it, it is still handicaped in comparison with a well designed async device such as the hiface.

As for your current DAC, it should be sensitive to the quality of the transport according to my experience with 3 audio-gd dacs as well as what Kingwa (the owner of Audio-gd) told me about his DACs. So I believe that your DAC could definitely benefit from a better converter than the Musiland whether it is the hiface or another quality one (Teralink, Empirical Audio,...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
The Empirical Audio product will probably be an excellent product but I guess it will cost a lot more than $150 when it's released.
Agreed. If Empirical Audio prices its future off-ramp anywher near the price of the current one, we are looking to alot more than $150 (probably $700+ without the options).
post #659 of 1712
m2tech is the most "sensible" option, if you know what i mean....



Quote:
Originally Posted by slim.a View Post
In my opinion, the Hiface is worth the price in comparison with the Musiland.
For about 150 bucks, you could also buy a Teralink-X2 with an external power supply and a upgraded usb cable. However, I am not convinced that it will outperform the hiface because the teralink-x2 uses the old adaptive technology and no matter how good you modify it, it is still handicaped in comparison with a well designed async device such as the hiface.

As for your current DAC, it should be sensitive to the quality of the transport according to my experience with 3 audio-gd dacs as well as what Kingwa (the owner of Audio-gd) told me about his DACs. So I believe that your DAC could definitely benefit from a better converter than the Musiland whether it is the hiface or another quality one (Teralink, Empirical Audio,...)


Agreed. If Empirical Audio prices its future off-ramp anywher near the price of the current one, we are looking to alot more than $150 (probably $700+ without the options).
post #660 of 1712
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosehee View Post
Interestingly, the reviewer favors m2tech over Logitech Transporter.. :-)
I was also surprised that the reviewer prefered the m2tech over the logitech transporter. But then again, I was also surprised the first time I saw that the m2tech measured better than the LynxTwo card (a professional PCI card) ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › USB to SPDIF converters shoot-out : EMU 0404 USB vs. Musiland Monitor 01 USD vs. Teralink-x vs. M2Tech hiFace