oh, and to hell with mods
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD1001K On-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 10/8/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/11
- brandPanasonictagged by System, 10/8/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-K Retro Style Monitor Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-W Retro Style Monitor Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7-RS Ryan Sheckler Signature Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSony MDR-SA5000 DJ Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Panasonic RP-HTX7 vs. Creative Aurvana Live! Last post on 3/18/11 at 1:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-HTX7 or JVC HARX700? Last post on 8/28/11 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Impressions: Sennheiser HD 201 - Panasonic RP-HTX7 Last post on 5/15/11 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-HTX7 thread Last post on 12/10/13 at 4:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-HTX7 with a cMoy and sansa clip+ yeah!!! Last post on 3/23/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. They do not sound great either. But not bad like...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Panasonic RP-HTX7, what a suprise - Page 4post #46 of 6212/18/11 at 6:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 6212/19/11 at 5:30pm
- Trader Feedback: +55
Flips free review samples, and profits at the
expense of fellow Head-Fiers (like yourself)
- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
from recable or tape mod?
Quote:post #48 of 628/30/12 at 12:32am
Thanks sunneebear for such a great idea !!
I've just done the mod and now it sounds much better, in par with the Aurvana Live !!
The only thing I did different is when opening the case, first I removed the screws, then removed the case and then the pads from behind (I was afraid to break the leather pads by pulling too tightly), I think this way is safer. In the end, I replaced the screws, mounted the case and placed the pads back in its place (the fit in very easily).
Some pictures of the process:post #49 of 628/30/12 at 1:52amThread Starterpost #50 of 628/30/12 at 3:42am
No No LOL Actually it is the first time that I open a headphone
Regards and thanks again for the mod !post #51 of 629/4/12 at 9:32amHi everybody
Does it make a difference if the 2 pieces of medical tape not only cover the 2 holes, but also
extend a bit up and down covering the holes nearby? (those were already covered by tape, so it shouldn't make a difference, but I just wanted to be sure!post #52 of 629/4/12 at 11:31amThread StarterQuote:
No difference at all.post #53 of 629/7/12 at 11:06pm
Thank you! I've tried the mod! It was really easy and indeed it improved sound!
I'm curious about how it would sound with just one hole taped. I guess it would be an intermediate situation between the modded version and the factory version. Has anybody tried?post #54 of 629/7/12 at 11:11pmpost #55 of 6211/11/12 at 10:04ampost #56 of 6211/25/12 at 11:14pm
Sunnybear, thanks to you I can develop my own modding method! Thousand thanks!
Comments and critics are welcomed
Edited by Jun Raito - 6/19/13 at 8:17ampost #57 of 626/19/13 at 8:25amQuote:
I've tried hundreds of holes variation. Until I got very familiar with RP HTX7's air circulation and pressure inside these cups...
Believe it or not, RP HTX 7 blessed with very good driver. Once everything got right, you'll about forget about how the default RP HTX7 sounded like....post #58 of 629/5/13 at 3:37am
Hi everyone, I know this is a bit of an old thread now but I've just picked up a couple pairs of these headphones and wondered if anyone could give a first-time-modder some advice. I've read what you've done sunneebear and while the tape-mod to cover the holes seems simple enough, I wondered if you would advise a complete noob like myself to attempt the cable mod?
I don't have any tools such as a soldering iron etc so I would need advice about what tools to use but more specifically I'd like to know exactly how to mod the cable, which cable to use (and where to get it if possible, I'm in the UK btw) and if it will make a significant improvement on the sound.
I got these headphones to replace my Phonak Audeo PFE 012 in-ear monitors as I just can't get on with using them with the Comply foam tips, I can't get a comfy fit and they often start to come out after a while and I'm constantly having to re-adjust them. Anyway, I'm more used to using over-ear headphones as I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's at home which I use on my computer when either listening or making music. I was going to use those with my iPod Touch for when I'm out and about but they leak sound quite a bit and the cable is ridiculously long.
So after searching for while for some good headphones that don't leak sound too much, I stumbled across this thread and some other reviews and they seemed to be a good choice for the very, very low price.
It would be great if you guys could help me out with any suggestions about how to go about modding the 'phones (or even an alternative pair of headphones with low sound-leakage).
Thanks a lot.post #59 of 623/3/14 at 2:32pmI put on the nuetrik jack and the 550 paracord and while doing so accidentaly pulled the wires from the solder pad from the left driver. I soldered them back but now the right driver isnt as loud. The highs sound equal, the mids are noticable, and the lows are hardly coming through the right- if at all. Any ideas?post #60 of 623/3/14 at 2:41pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Kilm0re
I put on the nuetrik jack and the 550 paracord and while doing so accidentaly pulled the wires from the solder pad from the left driver. I soldered them back but now the right driver isnt as loud. The highs sound equal, the mids are noticable, and the lows are hardly coming through the right- if at all. Any ideas?
Sounds like you may have a positive and negative crossed somewhere. Either the driver or the neutrik plug. Most likely the plug. The positive solder tab in the plug could be touching ground also.
- Panasonic RP-HTX7, what a suprise
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Do you believe BURN IN for your Audio Stuff like Headphones,... 55 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › California Headphones Silverado impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)