oh, and to hell with mods
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD1001K On-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 10/8/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/11
- brandPanasonictagged by System, 10/8/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-K Retro Style Monitor Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-W Retro Style Monitor Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7-RS Ryan Sheckler Signature Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSony MDR-SA5000 DJ Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Panasonic RP-HTX7 vs. Creative Aurvana Live! Last post on 3/18/11 at 1:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-HTX7 or JVC HARX700? Last post on 8/28/11 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Impressions: Sennheiser HD 201 - Panasonic RP-HTX7 Last post on 5/15/11 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-HTX7 thread Last post on 3/5/15 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-HTX7 with a cMoy and sansa clip+ yeah!!! Last post on 3/23/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Hello Fellow Headfiers, I own this DAC for atleast 7 months now and so I thought I would make a review cuz I'm planning to sell this :) (which I'll tell you why at the end of this review). I...
Panasonic RP-HTX7, what a suprise - Page 4post #46 of 6312/18/11 at 6:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 6312/19/11 at 5:30pm
from recable or tape mod?
Quote:post #48 of 638/30/12 at 12:32am
Thanks sunneebear for such a great idea !!
I've just done the mod and now it sounds much better, in par with the Aurvana Live !!
The only thing I did different is when opening the case, first I removed the screws, then removed the case and then the pads from behind (I was afraid to break the leather pads by pulling too tightly), I think this way is safer. In the end, I replaced the screws, mounted the case and placed the pads back in its place (the fit in very easily).
Some pictures of the process:post #49 of 638/30/12 at 1:52amThread Starterpost #50 of 638/30/12 at 3:42am
No No LOL Actually it is the first time that I open a headphone
Regards and thanks again for the mod !post #51 of 639/4/12 at 9:32amHi everybody
Does it make a difference if the 2 pieces of medical tape not only cover the 2 holes, but also
extend a bit up and down covering the holes nearby? (those were already covered by tape, so it shouldn't make a difference, but I just wanted to be sure!post #52 of 639/4/12 at 11:31amThread StarterQuote:
No difference at all.post #53 of 639/7/12 at 11:06pm
Thank you! I've tried the mod! It was really easy and indeed it improved sound!
I'm curious about how it would sound with just one hole taped. I guess it would be an intermediate situation between the modded version and the factory version. Has anybody tried?post #54 of 639/7/12 at 11:11pmpost #55 of 6311/11/12 at 10:04ampost #56 of 6311/25/12 at 11:14pm
Sunnybear, thanks to you I can develop my own modding method! Thousand thanks!
Comments and critics are welcomed
Edited by Jun Raito - 6/19/13 at 8:17ampost #57 of 636/19/13 at 8:25amQuote:
I've tried hundreds of holes variation. Until I got very familiar with RP HTX7's air circulation and pressure inside these cups...
Believe it or not, RP HTX 7 blessed with very good driver. Once everything got right, you'll about forget about how the default RP HTX7 sounded like....post #58 of 639/5/13 at 3:37am
Hi everyone, I know this is a bit of an old thread now but I've just picked up a couple pairs of these headphones and wondered if anyone could give a first-time-modder some advice. I've read what you've done sunneebear and while the tape-mod to cover the holes seems simple enough, I wondered if you would advise a complete noob like myself to attempt the cable mod?
I don't have any tools such as a soldering iron etc so I would need advice about what tools to use but more specifically I'd like to know exactly how to mod the cable, which cable to use (and where to get it if possible, I'm in the UK btw) and if it will make a significant improvement on the sound.
I got these headphones to replace my Phonak Audeo PFE 012 in-ear monitors as I just can't get on with using them with the Comply foam tips, I can't get a comfy fit and they often start to come out after a while and I'm constantly having to re-adjust them. Anyway, I'm more used to using over-ear headphones as I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's at home which I use on my computer when either listening or making music. I was going to use those with my iPod Touch for when I'm out and about but they leak sound quite a bit and the cable is ridiculously long.
So after searching for while for some good headphones that don't leak sound too much, I stumbled across this thread and some other reviews and they seemed to be a good choice for the very, very low price.
It would be great if you guys could help me out with any suggestions about how to go about modding the 'phones (or even an alternative pair of headphones with low sound-leakage).
Thanks a lot.post #59 of 633/3/14 at 2:32pmI put on the nuetrik jack and the 550 paracord and while doing so accidentaly pulled the wires from the solder pad from the left driver. I soldered them back but now the right driver isnt as loud. The highs sound equal, the mids are noticable, and the lows are hardly coming through the right- if at all. Any ideas?post #60 of 633/3/14 at 2:41pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Kilm0re
I put on the nuetrik jack and the 550 paracord and while doing so accidentaly pulled the wires from the solder pad from the left driver. I soldered them back but now the right driver isnt as loud. The highs sound equal, the mids are noticable, and the lows are hardly coming through the right- if at all. Any ideas?
Sounds like you may have a positive and negative crossed somewhere. Either the driver or the neutrik plug. Most likely the plug. The positive solder tab in the plug could be touching ground also.
- Panasonic RP-HTX7, what a suprise
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday -... 23 seconds ago
- › The Best audiophile tracks to test equipment 58 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › The FIDUE SIRIUS A91 5 Way Hybrid Premium In Ear Monitor 5 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...