New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman HE-5 Orthodynamic Headphones

post #1 of 294
Thread Starter 
Order Link

Introduction Price: 600 USD
In stock Quantity: Out of Stock Will be back to stock in late Nov.






Reply
post #2 of 294
oh dear....

when will be the next release?

it will take 5 days for my paypal funds to clear, I suppose they will be gone by then.

*edit* I noticed that when I add to cart it does not come up with any postage fee. Does this mean postage is free? I'm in Australia.
post #3 of 294
Thread Starter 
Oops, I forgot to add shipping cost. The first customer is lucky. After 20 pcs sold out, headfiers can still buy it but you guys might have to wait for several weeks.
Reply
post #4 of 294
Is it possible that I can order one with a 4pin Xlr termination?

And is it possible to power the HE5 with a speaker amp? In short, what's the sensitivity? For instance, the K1000 has a sensitivity of 74db @ 1mw with an impedance of 120 Ohms.
post #5 of 294
Is the 3 year warranty transferable to another owner?
post #6 of 294
When are they going to ship out?
post #7 of 294
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Is the 3 year warranty transferable to another owner?
Yes. The old owner need to gave the new owner the copy of the paypal receipt email.
Reply
post #8 of 294
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachu View Post
When are they going to ship out?
Will be shipped out in a week.
Reply
post #9 of 294
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonboy403 View Post
Is it possible that I can order one with a 4pin Xlr termination?

And is it possible to power the HE5 with a speaker amp? In short, what's the sensitivity? For instance, the K1000 has a sensitivity of 74db @ 1mw with an impedance of 120 Ohms.
We do not have XLR termination cable in stock now. HE-5 need a good solid state amp to serve powerful current. Will post sensitivity soon.
Reply
post #10 of 294
Will you be supplying two separate cables..one without a series resistor in it so we can run the headphones at 4 ohms and another with the series resistors?
post #11 of 294
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachu View Post
Will you be supplying two separate cables..one without a series resistor in it so we can run the headphones at 4 ohms and another with the series resistors?
The driver of final HE-5 is about 30 ohm, not 4 ohm.
Reply
post #12 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nankai View Post
The driver of final HE-5 is about 30 ohm, not 4 ohm.
aah..so no series resistor at all then...Cool

Thanks for the clarification Fang.
post #13 of 294
Ordered! this looks promising. Any more info on a Head-Direct amp for the HE-5 ?
post #14 of 294
Or just a recommendation on amps in general?

Are you recommending that we go solid state?

I'm guessing that OTL designed tube amps may be insufficient, depending on sensitivity.
post #15 of 294
Loaner program?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home