Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › NuForce › Nuforce HDP - DAC (USB and SPDIF), headphone amp and preamp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nuforce HDP - DAC (USB and SPDIF), headphone amp and preamp - Page 2

post #16 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdanger View Post
x3
I think I read somewhere that the form factor will be the same as the Icon. So I don't think a picture would help us a lot .
post #17 of 45
This is what I found on Audiocircle:

Hi,
We have been conservative on the HDP engineering and release, because it has to be perfect. We have changed the circuit architecture several times to add features, the aggregate functions and performance resulted in the HDP being a monster trying to go inside a small case, we have to break-down the circuit boards (multiple multi-layer circuit boards) stacking on each other just to fit the small chassis - which throws off the layout and circuit design schedule.

That said, we have been playing with the 1st cut of the final and working HDP, we have found a few bugs, and we are making the first production boards right now. So it's coming and getting very close.
post #18 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grota View Post
This is what I found on Audiocircle:

Hi,
We have been conservative on the HDP engineering and release, because it has to be perfect. We have changed the circuit architecture several times to add features, the aggregate functions and performance resulted in the HDP being a monster trying to go inside a small case, we have to break-down the circuit boards (multiple multi-layer circuit boards) stacking on each other just to fit the small chassis - which throws off the layout and circuit design schedule.

That said, we have been playing with the 1st cut of the final and working HDP, we have found a few bugs, and we are making the first production boards right now. So it's coming and getting very close.
Interesting, thanks for the details.
post #19 of 45
@jasonl:

How realistic is the Feb 5th as shipping/release date? Do you expect any further delays or is the HDP finally on it's way to the mass market?

Thanks.
bearmann
post #20 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmann View Post
@jasonl:

How realistic is the Feb 5th as shipping/release date? Do you expect any further delays or is the HDP finally on it's way to the mass market?

Thanks.
bearmann
x2
post #21 of 45
x3! Also, do you ship to the UK or have EU store?
post #22 of 45
Is there info on whether it will have an external power supply?
post #23 of 45
Not sure about the Nuforce Amazone store but they ship worldwide if you purchase through the Nuforce eBay store.

The Icon has an external power supply so I assume the HDP will as well.
post #24 of 45

EU store

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidu View Post
x3! Also, do you ship to the UK or have EU store?
They do have an EU store:NuForce Icon Europe - NuForce Icon Europe

But the prices are higher
post #25 of 45
Any (good) news on this?
post #26 of 45
I bet it'll get delayed again,because they don't even have a pic of it yet hehe.
post #27 of 45
From audiocircle.com:

"We have approved the production release of HDP and should be able to take order on Feb 5 for shipping on Feb 8."
post #28 of 45
well that's good.
but why no pic yet?
post #29 of 45
Yeah, even Apple has some teasing pics of the iPad, why not the HDP
post #30 of 45
The price has been raised to $499 now, shoot!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NuForce
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › NuForce › Nuforce HDP - DAC (USB and SPDIF), headphone amp and preamp