Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Stello U2: Another 24/96 USB->SPDIF Converter ($285)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stello U2: Another 24/96 USB->SPDIF Converter ($285) - Page 3

post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmine View Post
Thanks, I've already read all the articles and forum threads which you refer to in your post. I don't think that buying a USB-SPDIF converter will be high on my priority list...
Hi ironmine

What did you end up doing?

USG
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post
Hi ironmine

What did you end up doing?

USG
Hello USG!

I bide my time. I certainly not ready to pay $180 for
M2Tech HiFace. Musiland is a low-quality device. TeraLink-X2 is basically ok, but I really want an asynchronous converter (and, preferably, wireless, ha-ha). I think it's wise to wait now. (Let's see whatTeraLink-X3 will offer us...)

I also cannot say that the hi-rez albums which I've downloaded are interesting enough to urge me to run at breakneck pace to buy an USB-SPDIF converter.

What can you say about this product:

eBay.com.sg: POPPULSE WIRELESS 24-96KHZ PC-LINK USB TO SPDIF FOR DAC (item 220520615850 end time Apr 02, 2010 08:37:14 SGT)
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmine View Post
Hello USG!

I bide my time. I certainly not ready to pay $180 for
M2Tech HiFace. Musiland is a low-quality device. TeraLink-X2 is basically ok, but I really want an asynchronous converter (and, preferably, wireless, ha-ha). I think it's wise to wait now. (Let's see whatTeraLink-X3 will offer us...)

I also cannot say that the hi-rez albums which I've downloaded are interesting enough to urge me to run at breakneck pace to buy an USB-SPDIF converter.

What can you say about this product:

eBay.com.sg: POPPULSE WIRELESS 24-96KHZ PC-LINK USB TO SPDIF FOR DAC (item 220520615850 end time Apr 02, 2010 08:37:14 SGT)
I've seen adds for it, but I don't know anything about it.

What are you using now?

USG
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post
I've seen adds for it, but I don't know anything about it.

What are you using now?

USG
To the horror of all hi-end high-cost USB cable manufacturers, I use a cheap no-name 15 feet USB cable from the PC to Stello. The results are great. One week ago one of my friends came to me to audition my rig after I had set up some DIY acoustic panels. This guy is an audiophile and a musician. He was absolutely floored by the sound of my system. He said that never before he had heard such soundstage depth, bass and realism. The central phantom image between the speakers is so vivid and palpable. When I close my eyes in the dark I can almost feel the presence and contour of Emi Fujita's body when she sings for me. I can hear the reverberations and vibrations of the air in the studio where the sound was recorded. Sub-bass notes never seize to amaze and move me.
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmine View Post
To the horror of all hi-end high-cost USB cable manufacturers, I use a cheap no-name 15 feet USB cable from the PC to Stello. The results are great. One week ago one of my friends came to me to audition my rig after I had set up some DIY acoustic panels. This guy is an audiophile and a musician. He was absolutely floored by the sound of my system. He said that never before he had heard such soundstage depth, bass and realism. The central phantom image between the speakers is so vivid and palpable. When I close my eyes in the dark I can almost feel the presence and contour of Emi Fujita's body when she sings for me. I can hear the reverberations and vibrations of the air in the studio where the sound was recorded. Sub-bass notes never seize to amaze and move me.
It sounds like you have a very nice set up ironmine, but there is a noticeable improvement to be made by using a USB transport.

I'm not recommending the Thingee or the Trends because some newer asynchronous transports are out, (as Andrew pointed out), and they may sound better... And of course, it could be all hype and they may not sound noticeably different at all.

In the mean time, I'm looking for another USB Transport, and the HiFace is high on my list..... but like you I'm not buying yet.

USG
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Stello U2: Another 24/96 USB->SPDIF Converter ($285)