Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 - Page 218

post #3256 of 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple10 View Post

AppleMark

 

 

after a long day at work , a massage and music is what the doctor orders= let the healing begins

 

 

Just yourself....or?

post #3257 of 3948
Lol, when I quickly glanced at the pic I thought the massager was some funky looking paddle and misread your post as let the beating begin. I was like, whoa keep it PG13 boys.
post #3258 of 3948

lol

ok guys, my kid check out gears with me, keep it PGbiggrin.gif

post #3259 of 3948

AppleMark

 

W4 is the "oldest" IEM/ phone in my collection- we go way back and BTG audio brought it back to life few months back

still researching amp to use with old W4 , new SM64 and new Ak100 

post #3260 of 3948

The wife wanted this, so tubes will have to wait...

 

I liked the dishwasher better when it was a "Ride On" kind... biggrin.gif

post #3261 of 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

The wife wanted this, so tubes will have to wait...

 

I liked the dishwasher better when it was a "Ride On" kind... biggrin.gif


I bet that Dishwasher could use some tubes.

post #3262 of 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post


I bet that Dishwasher could use some tubes.

Imagine how that would glow at night i can see it now !

post #3263 of 3948

^ This is exactly why I can't stand dishwashers without tube viewing windows!

post #3264 of 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

^ This is exactly why I can't stand dishwashers without tube viewing windows!

We shure think alike !beerchug.gif

post #3265 of 3948

I got these 3 CDs a few days ago. The new St Vitus CD sounds as heavy as all fruck, the new Daft Punk is mellow an oozes awesome sauce and the Wild Nothing CD is toe tapping enjoyable. Overall, all three CD's is time well spent listening to them in their entirety. Feels good to finally have the physical Daft Punk CD in hands, it's nice to have some new heavy music in my collection and it's very nice to discover a new indie rock artist.

 

post #3266 of 3948

DHL and local post dropped by with 2 packages today.. Sony mdr-v55 (bought some cables where shipping was almost more than the calbes, so I threw in a v55 just to make it worth while) and audio technica ws99.

 

 

post #3267 of 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorwegian View Post

DHL and local post dropped by with 2 packages today.. Sony mdr-v55 (bought some cables where shipping was almost more than the calbes, so I threw in a v55 just to make it worth while) and audio technica ws99.

 

 

 

I have no experience with th ws99 or Audio Technica in general, so I can't say anything about how they sound (though my impression is that AT is a quality brand and well worth considering). That being said, I do find the big letters proclaiming "SOLID BASS" rather unsettling...

 

I'd like to know if it's proper solid bass, or hyped Beats mush. The brand suggests the former, but the box points more to the latter rolleyes.gif

 

EDIT: They're very good looking either way.


Edited by Pritolus - 6/3/13 at 9:04am
post #3268 of 3948

I'm ordering a new lens tonight, will post pics ASAP :D

post #3269 of 3948

I'm listening to the audio technica ws99 right now, and as a "bass headphone" it does very well. The bass is emphasized, as it should be, but it's not of the bloated sloppy type: it's much tighter with more texture and doesn't blend way into the midrange. The midrange and highs have a slight veil over them, but it's nothing heavy handed. It's not a one trick pony like the sony xb series that can only do electronica, and it doesn't have the piercing highs of the denon d7100. It's been a while since i had the AT pro700mk2's, but from my memory (which shouldn't be trusted) the pro700mk2's had a lot of upper/kick-bass and the rest sounded a lot like the m50's. Compared to that, I'd say the WS99 sounds like it has a bit more meat on the bone through out the frequency range and has a tilt towards sounding "warm", which isn't typical for what I've heard from AT so far.

 

Keep in mind I got them today, and they've only been playing for about 8 hours, and I've only listened to them for an hour - but so far I'll say they're the best bass headphones I've had. I started listening to them with some trance and dubstep, but the last tracks have been rhianna "stay", de la soul "ring ring ring" and right now I'm listening to muse "madness". Guess that says something :) Sure I'll put on the he-500's or w1000x when I want every little detail and enjoy the quality of the music, but while nothing beeing super correct - the WS99's makes music fun.


Edited by thenorwegian - 6/3/13 at 11:47am
post #3270 of 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorwegian View Post

I'm listening to the audio technica ws99 right now, and as a "bass headphone" it does very well. The bass is emphasized, as it should be, but it's not of the bloated sloppy type: it's much tighter with more texture and doesn't blend way into the midrange. The midrange and highs have a slight veil over them, but it's nothing heavy handed. It's not a one trick pony like the sony xb series that can only do electronica, and it doesn't have the piercing highs of the denon d7100. It's been a while since i had the AT pro700mk2's, but from my memory (which shouldn't be trusted) the pro700mk2's had a lot of upper/kick-bass and the rest sounded a lot like the m50's. Compared to that, I'd say the WS99 sounds like it has a bit more meat on the bone through out the frequency range and has a tilt towards sounding "warm", which isn't typical for what I've heard from AT so far.

 

Keep in mind I got them today, and they've only been playing for about 8 hours, and I've only listened to them for an hour - but so far I'll say they're the best bass headphones I've had. I started listening to them with some trance and dubstep, but the last tracks have been rhianna "stay", de la soul "ring ring ring" and right now I'm listening to muse "madness". Guess that says something :) Sure I'll put on the he-500's or w1000x when I want every little detail and enjoy the quality of the music, but while nothing beeing super correct - the WS99's makes music fun.

 

This is what I like to hear. Bass heavy headphones generally work very well with Muse, as I tend to find their mix rather thin.

Your description of the ws99 sound signature reminds me of my AKG K518DJ headphone, with the veil and everything. It has a noticeably dark sound signature, but stuff like Nirvana still sounds very real and natural (at least when you're not A/B-ing it with a pair of expensive hi-fi cans).

 

 

Also; I got a new DAC today! The Hegel HD11. I'm currently A/B-ing it against my Cambridge DacMagic Plus, and USB vs. USB the upgrade is noticeable. I've only listened to a few tracks, and what I noticed the most was the bass. It sounds cleaner, has more impact and over all it sounds more real. I'm also noticing an increase in soundstage, but it's early to tell just how much better it is. Remember that the HD11 doesn't even have one hour of burn in yet.

 

A/B testing the HD11 against my DacMagic Plus

 

Closeup of the new DAC. The old Cambridge unit on top.


Edited by Pritolus - 6/4/13 at 9:46am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0