Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › 5.1 Headphone experience *Foobar configuration for all stereo music files*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

5.1 Headphone experience *Foobar configuration for all stereo music files* - Page 32

post #466 of 596

My first post here, though I´ve been following this forum  for some time.

I´m anxious to test the 5.1 headphone effect, but I can´t load the   foo_input_dts in Foobar   "Available DSPs", although it´s been listed in "Components".  I´ve followed the tutorial of the first post, afaik,  so  may be it´s  some kind of software conflict among the .dll,  Asio4all, and  Foobar 1.1, all running in WinXP SP3.

Any help will be well come !

post #467 of 596


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagual View Post

My first post here, though I´ve been following this forum  for some time.

I´m anxious to test the 5.1 headphone effect, but I can´t load the   foo_input_dts in Foobar   "Available DSPs", although it´s been listed in "Components".  I´ve followed the tutorial of the first post, afaik,  so  may be it´s  some kind of software conflict among the .dll,  Asio4all, and  Foobar 1.1, all running in WinXP SP3.

Any help will be well come !



I have the same issue, am running windows 7 x64, listed in components but not Available DSP...i read it's only working with the last beta of foobar and was disabled in the latest release :/

post #468 of 596

I think in the newer version, it has changed : it is not a DSP anymore, it is by default a file format "reader", as any other input you may have (aac input dll, alac input dll, etc.), so it will be used if you want to use a .dts file I guess.

But correct me if I am wrong !

post #469 of 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by googleborg View Post


 



I have the same issue, am running windows 7 x64, listed in components but not Available DSP...i read it's only working with the last beta of foobar and was disabled in the latest release :/



Thanks for the heads up.  Search for older version of the dll, but didn´t find it.  Maybe,  Damnegy be right.

post #470 of 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnegy View Post

I think in the newer version, it has changed : it is not a DSP anymore, it is by default a file format "reader", as any other input you may have (aac input dll, alac input dll, etc.), so it will be used if you want to use a .dts file I guess.

But correct me if I am wrong !



this explains why i could still play the sample 5.1 acs file i guess, thanks smily_headphones1.gif

post #471 of 596

No, just tried it. it works fine. I guess in the newer versions the DTS is implemented somehow.Test the files channels regardless of whether you can install it like that and you will see that it does in fact play as its supposed to. Hope that helps some.

post #472 of 596

I had the same issue of DTS not showing up under DSP's but like others have said the test file played just fine. I thought using foobar with asio4all was a huge improvement over the default setup I had. But WOW.... this really brings out the liveliness in my music so much more so than the included  IDT and XFi crystalizer software. Many thanks OP!

post #473 of 596

I'm sorry, but I can't be bothered to go through 32 pages of this thread to find an answer to my question.  Does this setup help at all with directional sound for gaming?

post #474 of 596

No !

post #475 of 596

Is it all possible to get this effect on a portable media player, say the Cowon J3?  I've become so used to it on my computer that I "need" it whenever I listen to music. 

post #476 of 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by trident View Post

Is it all possible to get this effect on a portable media player, say the Cowon J3?  I've become so used to it on my computer that I "need" it whenever I listen to music. 



Well, there are some crossfeed effect on some players (on rockboxed players at least), or you can convert your tracks with foobar and include the DSP effects you want, but won't be able to change the settings (right-click your track(s), go to convert, then ... and choose the DSP settings you wish to include, the format of the file, etc.)

post #477 of 596

I did it and it works but only with my M-audio delta output, when i run WASABI gives me error Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 44100 Hz / 24-bit / 6 channels

post #478 of 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiched View Post

I did it and it works but only with my M-audio delta output, when i run WASABI gives me error Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 44100 Hz / 24-bit / 6 channels



Did you reconfigure the "channel mixer" and "dolby headphone" under the processing section?  I realized that the settings weren't correct when I first converted the songs, but it was fixed once I changed the settings. 

post #479 of 596

How exactly did you reconfigure them? Can u give me your settings?

post #480 of 596

The same settings as on page 1. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › 5.1 Headphone experience *Foobar configuration for all stereo music files*