IMO even with built-in soundcard with EQ software, then boosting bass and treble will achieve similar results with your E17 :P
Related Forum Threads
- HE-400/HE-300 vs Sennheiser HD650/HD600 Last post on 10/8/12 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Guide for Buying a Headphone Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Something like the HD558, but with a bit more bass Last post on 3/29/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S vs Sennheiser HD 650 Last post on 9/25/11 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
This is one of the last things you need to upgrade when your making your portable rig. Vs the fiio L9 this lod cable was a big step up. The first thing that will hit you is the increase in...
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
ATH-M50 bass response? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 328/13/12 at 9:44pm
My situation. These are in my semi portable rotation. I don't wear them around, but I use them in the library coffee shop etc. I don't worry much about sound signitures, but do value clarity, and fullness of notes.
Playing these phones frm my ipod was ok, but they did not have the clarity I was looking for. they would play with enough volume, but the notes sounded if as if they were cut with a dull knife. kind of jagged and rough
I tried them with a portable amp. the hornet. I used a mini plug to mini plug through the headphone jack. I was disappointed. they only improved a slight amount. They I tried a fiio line out. now there is a great improvment. Notes are sharp and clear. Tone is full. great improvment.
if you use them with an apple product use a line out . even a cheap $10 one works wonders Later I bought an E11. Not quite as good as the hornet, but more than good enough. not sure that the hornet is better enough to justify the additional $
- ATH-M50 bass response?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › do you know this speakers? 43 seconds ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 52 seconds ago
- › Most underrated/ Forgotten IEMs.....(only IEM please) 1 minute ago
- › NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD 1 minute ago
- › LA Head-Fiers: MAY 31-June 2 Headphonium Event @ THE Show Newport... 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore and ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso IEM -... 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Sunrise Audio Charm3 and Dragon2 6 minutes ago
- › Background noise in the amplifier Op Amps - EMI/RFI (faraday shield) 7 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity M1 SDAC vs Other ideas 8 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Stonemanty
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe