IMO even with built-in soundcard with EQ software, then boosting bass and treble will achieve similar results with your E17 :P
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 5/13/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/13/11
- productSennheiser CX300-S Earbuds (Silver)tagged by System, 5/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- HE-400/HE-300 vs Sennheiser HD650/HD600 Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Guide for Buying a Headphone Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Something like the HD558, but with a bit more bass Last post on 8/30/15 at 8:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S vs Sennheiser HD 650 Last post on 9/25/11 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
ATH-M50 bass response? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 328/13/12 at 9:44pm
My situation. These are in my semi portable rotation. I don't wear them around, but I use them in the library coffee shop etc. I don't worry much about sound signitures, but do value clarity, and fullness of notes.
Playing these phones frm my ipod was ok, but they did not have the clarity I was looking for. they would play with enough volume, but the notes sounded if as if they were cut with a dull knife. kind of jagged and rough
I tried them with a portable amp. the hornet. I used a mini plug to mini plug through the headphone jack. I was disappointed. they only improved a slight amount. They I tried a fiio line out. now there is a great improvment. Notes are sharp and clear. Tone is full. great improvment.
if you use them with an apple product use a line out . even a cheap $10 one works wonders Later I bought an E11. Not quite as good as the hornet, but more than good enough. not sure that the hornet is better enough to justify the additional $
- ATH-M50 bass response?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR) 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Show 2 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...