IMO even with built-in soundcard with EQ software, then boosting bass and treble will achieve similar results with your E17 :P
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 5/13/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/13/11
- productSennheiser CX300-S Earbuds (Silver)tagged by System, 5/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- HE-400/HE-300 vs Sennheiser HD650/HD600 Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Guide for Buying a Headphone Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Something like the HD558, but with a bit more bass Last post on 8/30/15 at 8:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S vs Sennheiser HD 650 Last post on 9/25/11 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
ATH-M50 bass response? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 328/13/12 at 9:44pm
My situation. These are in my semi portable rotation. I don't wear them around, but I use them in the library coffee shop etc. I don't worry much about sound signitures, but do value clarity, and fullness of notes.
Playing these phones frm my ipod was ok, but they did not have the clarity I was looking for. they would play with enough volume, but the notes sounded if as if they were cut with a dull knife. kind of jagged and rough
I tried them with a portable amp. the hornet. I used a mini plug to mini plug through the headphone jack. I was disappointed. they only improved a slight amount. They I tried a fiio line out. now there is a great improvment. Notes are sharp and clear. Tone is full. great improvment.
if you use them with an apple product use a line out . even a cheap $10 one works wonders Later I bought an E11. Not quite as good as the hornet, but more than good enough. not sure that the hornet is better enough to justify the additional $
- ATH-M50 bass response?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 14 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 19 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 28 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 33 seconds ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MUC-M20BL1 Headphone Cable (for XBA Hybrid Headphones & PHA-3)... 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...