IMO even with built-in soundcard with EQ software, then boosting bass and treble will achieve similar results with your E17 :P
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 5/13/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/13/11
- productSennheiser CX300-S Earbuds (Silver)tagged by System, 5/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- HE-400/HE-300 vs Sennheiser HD650/HD600 Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Guide for Buying a Headphone Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Something like the HD558, but with a bit more bass Last post on 3/29/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S vs Sennheiser HD 650 Last post on 9/25/11 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
ATH-M50 bass response? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 328/13/12 at 9:44pm
My situation. These are in my semi portable rotation. I don't wear them around, but I use them in the library coffee shop etc. I don't worry much about sound signitures, but do value clarity, and fullness of notes.
Playing these phones frm my ipod was ok, but they did not have the clarity I was looking for. they would play with enough volume, but the notes sounded if as if they were cut with a dull knife. kind of jagged and rough
I tried them with a portable amp. the hornet. I used a mini plug to mini plug through the headphone jack. I was disappointed. they only improved a slight amount. They I tried a fiio line out. now there is a great improvment. Notes are sharp and clear. Tone is full. great improvment.
if you use them with an apple product use a line out . even a cheap $10 one works wonders Later I bought an E11. Not quite as good as the hornet, but more than good enough. not sure that the hornet is better enough to justify the additional $
- ATH-M50 bass response?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 10 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 38 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › The Accidental WA5-LE Owner 5 minutes ago
- › New England Headfi Meet - Saturday December 6th, 2014! 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)