IMO even with built-in soundcard with EQ software, then boosting bass and treble will achieve similar results with your E17 :P
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 5/13/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/13/11
- productSennheiser CX300-S Earbuds (Silver)tagged by System, 5/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- HE-400/HE-300 vs Sennheiser HD650/HD600 Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Guide for Buying a Headphone Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Something like the HD558, but with a bit more bass Last post on 3/29/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S vs Sennheiser HD 650 Last post on 9/25/11 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
ATH-M50 bass response? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 328/13/12 at 9:44pm
My situation. These are in my semi portable rotation. I don't wear them around, but I use them in the library coffee shop etc. I don't worry much about sound signitures, but do value clarity, and fullness of notes.
Playing these phones frm my ipod was ok, but they did not have the clarity I was looking for. they would play with enough volume, but the notes sounded if as if they were cut with a dull knife. kind of jagged and rough
I tried them with a portable amp. the hornet. I used a mini plug to mini plug through the headphone jack. I was disappointed. they only improved a slight amount. They I tried a fiio line out. now there is a great improvment. Notes are sharp and clear. Tone is full. great improvment.
if you use them with an apple product use a line out . even a cheap $10 one works wonders Later I bought an E11. Not quite as good as the hornet, but more than good enough. not sure that the hornet is better enough to justify the additional $
- ATH-M50 bass response?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 14 seconds ago
- › Attaching an E12 to an X3: useful? 34 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Pro-Ject + Schiit + Sennheiser 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)