Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 8/19/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/19/10
- brandMaverick Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic A1tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic D1tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DACtagged by System, 6/20/12
- productXiang Sheng DAC-01Atagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone amplifiers to go with headphones? Last post on 9/25/10 at 12:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1 or D1 for my setup ? Last post on 8/27/10 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread Last post on 10/6/16 at 6:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review Thread Last post on 3/6/16 at 4:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Last post on 9/15/11 at 2:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Maverick Audio DAC/Amp - Page 171post #2551 of 26563/25/13 at 8:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2552 of 26563/26/13 at 9:09ampost #2553 of 26563/26/13 at 3:31pm
Can't comment on which is better but I was deciding the same thing before I bought the Maverick Audio D1 Plus. Ultimately decided on the Mav Audio due to its input options as well as esthetic finish. To me, the Maverick Audio just looks more professional albeit "entry level" DAC.
I bought it with the GE and OPA627 upgrades. Two days after receiving the unit, I decided to purchase the WE JW 2c51 396A tube and have not turned back since. It's an overall beautiful unit.
Macbook Air + 27" Thunderbolt Display --> Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1+ --> KRK Rokit RP5G2.
Prior to using this setup, I've tried numerous combos of DACs including EMU 0204, Schiit Audio M&M Stack, Nuforce UDac2 plus numerous Studio Monitors such as the Mackie MR5MKII, Audioengine A5+.
So far, this is the best setup I've liked thus far. Finally starting to enjoy my music rather than always looking to move up in the price bracket to try and "upgrade."post #2554 of 26563/26/13 at 9:08pmpost #2555 of 26563/29/13 at 5:39pm
Neither surprises me. I had the D1 and it was a huge disappointment with some manufacturing defects. Rather than fixing it, Ryan offered me $40 to shut up. Good luck.post #2556 of 26563/29/13 at 5:47pm
Also had a similar problem where the left channel on my D1 died. Reseated the OPAMP and it was fixed, but then later the headphone out was shot (it was terrible as a standalone amp anyways). But yeah I agree that its a very shabby unit that I wouldn't recommend to others.post #2557 of 26563/30/13 at 9:58amQuote:
Thats disappointing. Sadly I still haven't received any word from Maverick about it. I tried multiple channels of communication with no avail. My first email noted that I was also interested in the A1 to combo with my D1 but since the lack of response I decided to pick up a CA 640A v2 for cheap on Audiogon. There is a local repair shop here in Seattle willing to look at it so I may take it there.Quote:Originally Posted by junkimchi
Also had a similar problem where the left channel on my D1 died. Reseated the OPAMP and it was fixed, but then later the headphone out was shot (it was terrible as a standalone amp anyways). But yeah I agree that its a very shabby unit that I wouldn't recommend to others.
I'll try reseating the opamp. I took it apart already to check for shoddy solder but didn't see anything.post #2558 of 26564/5/13 at 10:53ampost #2559 of 26564/7/13 at 8:43am
I haven't gotten a chance to bring it in. I also still haven't heard anything from Maverick Audio/Ryan so I've pretty much given up on that. Real shame considering I really liked the unit.post #2560 of 26564/7/13 at 11:24ampost #2561 of 26569/3/13 at 6:42am
Hi. I need advice from experience D1 users.
1) My D1 works perfectly, I just wanted to replace the LED. But my new LED keep dying! Sounds funny but I already burnt 5 LEDs. I have checked the LED terminal using mutimeter. DC setting on multimeter reads nothing but the multimeter's needle vibrate as it reads AC voltage. On AC setting, it reads 6.5VAC?
2) Whenever I turn ON/OFF any switch in my room, the USB connection reset! There is a loud static sound come through speaker. It was very annoying while watching movies.
Have any of you encounter these problem before?
Thanks.post #2562 of 26569/29/13 at 2:42ampost #2563 of 26569/29/13 at 5:30ampost #2564 of 26562/1/14 at 8:24am
Anyone interested in buying a Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 amp, D1 or D1Plus Dac/Amp, or the D2 DAC....price considerations.
Maverick Audio has always offered upgraded OPA627 OpAmps and NOS GE 5670W tubes for their line, but they tended to be a bit expensive compared to mods you could do on your own. It looks like they've taken notice, and started offering package pricing with the mods on their products across the board. The link is
Additionally they are offering an additional $15 off any product using the check out code "15OFF". I just picked up a D2 DAC with all upgrades and shipping for under $300, after the $15 off. A bit less than it would have been a few months ago.post #2565 of 26563/22/14 at 12:46pm
Are people still having problems with these? They look like a great option on paper, checking off everything I'm looking for. But if they're built poorly and have poor support, I'd just as soon spend an extra few bucks on something that won't break...
- Maverick Audio DAC/Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family 7 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Summer Kick-Off Meet: Saturday - May 20th,... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Nuforce HA-200 - affordable class-A monoblocks 3 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF Cowhide Pads, Brand New 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear