Yup, I'm planning a revision. I'm just being a little lazy lol. I don't know if I want to remove it or just set a warning stating that none of it is bit-perfect. The methods just allow 24/96.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 8/19/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/19/10
- brandMaverick Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic A1tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic D1tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DACtagged by System, 6/20/12
- productXiang Sheng DAC-01Atagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone amplifiers to go with headphones? Last post on 9/25/10 at 12:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1 or D1 for my setup ? Last post on 8/27/10 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread Last post on 11/7/14 at 12:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review Thread Last post on 11/11/14 at 10:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Last post on 9/15/11 at 2:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First off, these were supplied to me for review by Pandora at Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased opinion, my thanks to them for their trust in me to do this. Here is a link to them on Amazon...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
- Headphone Impedance
Maverick Audio DAC/Amp - Page 111
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Probably would be best to nix the driver totally as it enables setting that could possibly degrade SQ if improperly set. Don't know whats going on really~ Might be possible to create a custom inf one day just to name the maverick but keep the default USB driver in tact which blocks modes not supported by the controller chip.
Woot, apparently this new screen I got is better shielded than I assumed it might be. I don't get any distortion running with the case off. Anyone wanna quote me on a plexiglass covering with a a nice spot for an OPA?
Edited by ninjikiran - 7/17/10 at 2:12am
Entire covering with the sides as well? If so, 7$, with two Sun's roughly 67$ excl. shipping.
That's exactly what I want to do with it, now just find someone with the tools to do so...
How would you guys rate the 396A CBS black plate D-getter tubes and the 396A RCA black plate tubes with trip mica in comparison to the 5670 from WE?
Edited by Ultrainferno - 7/17/10 at 8:14am
You need two DIP8 sockets for this ( one for each Sun HDAM ) and a custom case or tools to make space on the stock one. The installation of the HDAM itself is one of the easiest thing, you basically stack a socket onto the stock one on the board and insert your HDAM into it. Be sure to look for the half moon marking on the sockets and set them the right way.
This is how mine turned out so far and is not available for order right now:
Note: This is a comparison with the Sun(DAC) and LT1364(AMP) to the LD I+. This will be updated once I receive my second Sun.
Alright, I've been telling you guys for a while now that I'd share my impressions with the mentioned combo, so here we go. Some of you might or might not know some of the artists I'm talking about, but I'll try to mention a few points about them as well. Additionally, this is my first time writing a sound impression, so keep that in mind. Burn-in is at 45 hours.
Cans: K701 - directly driven by the headphone amp
Input: Optical out via Auzen Bravura 7.1
Source: Fb2k TTA/APE/FLAC/TAK WASAPI
LIA - My Soul, Your Beats!
LIA, a Japanese female vocal artist, known for doing famous opening and endings for visual novels. My Soul, Your Beats! heavily uses various instruments, among them a piano that goes with the song until the end. This is where the combo starts to shine, compared to the LD I+, I was immediately absorbed into the large soundstage it offers. Pinpointing and seperating the instruments, tight detailed bass and a decay that I could never have dreamed of, this combo sure is fun and makes my K701 entirely a different set of cans.
Tainaka Sachi - disillusion -2010-
Tainaka Sachi, best known for lending her voice in the Fate/Stay Night Opening. She reaches up to 3 Octaves. This song is a fast and at times slow one that offers a huge soundstage once properly amped, and the D1 just does exactly that. Everything I throw at it gets reproduced so nicely that I'm still in progress to listen through my entire music collection once again, and it's not small with near over 40k files. When you can hear the strings of the guitars in a 3D like soundstage, you know that your cans are happy.
FictionJunction YUUKA - nowhere
I've had many problems with this song in the past with the LD I+, no matter which tube or OPA I rolled in, the song itself was so complex that it just couldn't keep up. The D1 once again manages to surprise me here, reproducing like it was a piece of cake. It's amazing to see what a 199$ unit can transform to when modded to hell and back. You'll love this mod so much that you'd take it with you into your deathbed without even hesitating.
Yuki Kajiura - inca rose
A legendary female composer and music producer. I've always felt that the LD I+ just didn't do Yuki Kajura enough justice, this changed with the aforementioned combo . Lean yourself back, close your eyes and be amazed how intimating and detailed this mod sounds. I did, and once noticed, I was already through 3 of her albums and 2 hours had passed.
I could go on with more than 20 songs, but I believe you'll see my impressions by now. This little baby just transformed into a, I dare to say, 600$ unit.
TL;DR: Get a D1 used or new, mod the hell out of it and you won't have to change your rig setup for a while. Heck, you even save money on the amp.
I'm now taking orders for this mod if you're too lazy to do it yourself or don't have the tools, keep in mind that I'm offering my free time for you so I'll have to charge additonal 20$.
Skyline Rev.2 - Plexiglass
3 x sheets of Plexiglass - 7$
4 x screws - 1$
2 x DIP8 sockets - 1$
2 x Sun HDAM - $77.5 incl. shipping from Audio-gd
Installation Manual: 0$
Payment for me - 20$
Options: Grounding the HDAM? Gives smoothness. Yes/No - Free
Burning in the HDAM - Yes/No - Free
LT1364CN8 in amp section - Yes/No - 10$
Let your D1 get modded by my very self- Yes/No/ - You need to ship your unit to me or include the total price for a new stock one.
Shipping: Please send me a PM so that I can check shipping cost to your country. Free shipping within Germany.
Total - 106$ excl. shipping
Would you guys be interested in a loaner unit?
Edit1: Added various things for convenience reasons.
Edited by reiserFS - 7/18/10 at 6:06pm
Did you compare it to the LT1364CN8 yet? It also clips near max volume.
I believe the LT1364 uses a little more power than the SUN. I don't think another power supply would help make a difference when we're talking less than 10mA. I what needs to be changed is the power going to the chip like from the voltage regulators or something.
Yea, I don't know. To be honest I've never experienced clipping with the LT1364. I've used the direct button both on and off with the volume at high (without headphones plugged in :P) out to my speakers and never had an issue.
Oddly, the LT1364 only distorts in the amp section.
Ah, I thought you meant the DAC section. I haven't used it in the amp section :) Can anyone else confirm this? I'll add it to the FAQ.
- Maverick Audio DAC/Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › Bluedio Air Bluetooth Headphones Review 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 10 minutes ago
- › Westone Sweepstakes Presented by Sonic Electronix! 10 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 11 minutes ago
- › Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC 12 minutes ago
- › Chesky Records Tournament Finals: Last Chance to get 50% off any... 13 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 14 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by dragon2knight
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2