New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

car-fi - Page 40

post #586 of 1112

240sx are awesome first cars. Unbelievably easy to repair and you could borrow stuff from it's cousin the 300zx. My cousin managed to fit 300zx brakes and rotors on his 240.

post #587 of 1112

Good luck finding one that hasn't been raped by so called "drifters"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarCCX View Post

240sx are awesome first cars. Unbelievably easy to repair and you could borrow stuff from it's cousin the 300zx. My cousin managed to fit 300zx brakes and rotors on his 240.

post #588 of 1112

driving a 2004 S4

 

700

 

One of these days when its not an oven outside Ill get her all cleaned up for some real pictures I've been planing for a year

post #589 of 1112

Dude that S4 is nice! Please do take for pictures!

post #590 of 1112
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipilot227 View Post

 

You might be able to find an early-'90s Nissan 240sx or Acura Integra for that price

 

 

Yeah, and if you search back a few pages you will see my project. I bought a 2000 Integra for $1600. 

post #591 of 1112
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball View Post

Dude that S4 is nice! Please do take for pictures!

700    700  700

post #592 of 1112

I must say it does look awesome. You did a great job on detailing it. 

 

May I ask how the reliability is on your s4? I've heard the audi brand(and all german brands) are a hit or miss in terms of a getting a reliable car.

 

Also I must ask if your audi does break, does the good feelings and fun it gives you(i'm sure it does) pay off? 

post #593 of 1112
Reliability has been good. I had one issue where a power steering line sprung a leak on a sunday 100 miles from home forcing me to drive on it and burn up the pump. So i replaced the line and added some heat shielding to it and got a reman pump. Parts are fairly expensive as is to be expected but I havent had any problems besides the line. I've heard many horror stories about this cars cam timing chain guides but mine has all the signs of been well maintained before me and I keep the oil change interval down as some cheap insurance on that front. So far this one issue has been far outweighed by the fact that I look forward to driving it every time I do.

And in the worst case scenario where I do find myself with a severe engine issue it will be a fun project for me and an opportunity for some long tube headers and a tune smily_headphones1.gif

I have a motorcycle and a 97 ranger as well so I have the ability to take my time making repairs myself. I can see the hesitation for people who do not have the means or desire to make major repairs themselves.
Edited by Mcarter3 - 8/12/12 at 9:27pm
post #594 of 1112

Just got this this week. 2012 Honda CR-Z; Silver, 6-speed Manual Transmission, 360w Sound System, etc.

 

 

post #595 of 1112
I like the idea of the CR-Z, but I don't know how it handles...
post #596 of 1112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planar_head View Post

I like the idea of the CR-Z, but I don't know how it handles...

Very well. Not a fast car with only 122hp but still really quick below 40 MPH.

post #597 of 1112

got the first car. '96 Blazer. will post pics when i get them

post #598 of 1112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planar_head View Post

I like the idea of the CR-Z, but I don't know how it handles...

 

Same here. I did get the chance to test drive the CR-Z in the manual and it feels quite good, but the suspension feels a bit spongy for my tastes. I'm used to stiff rides so maybe that's why. Honestly speaking though, it's too expensive, it's not as economical as it "should" be, and they bummed out a bit on the power. However, I actually LOVE the interior of the thing and it has a lot of very useful features included like hill-assist and ECO mode (not sure if it actually works).

post #599 of 1112
Quote:
Originally Posted by slytown View Post

Very well. Not a fast car with only 122hp but still really quick below 40 MPH.

 

How many MPGs do you get?

post #600 of 1112
Quote:
Originally Posted by planx View Post

 

Same here. I did get the chance to test drive the CR-Z in the manual and it feels quite good, but the suspension feels a bit spongy for my tastes. I'm used to stiff rides so maybe that's why. Honestly speaking though, it's too expensive, it's not as economical as it "should" be, and they bummed out a bit on the power. However, I actually LOVE the interior of the thing and it has a lot of very useful features included like hill-assist and ECO mode (not sure if it actually works).

Is this a return of Subaru's "hill holder" concept?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home