or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

car-fi - Page 80

post #1186 of 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blze001 View Post
 

 

LSX swap. The answer for more power is always an LSX swap. :D 

 

And if they can shoehorn one into a friggin Miata, you can probably fit one in a BRZ.

Although I'm sure it can be done. Don't assume the brz would instantly have more under hood room than a miata. Using a boxer engine, set extremely low, means the brz could have less room vertically than a miata. The miata motor is also set back extremely far, which means it could have more room horizontally as well.

post #1187 of 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigx5murf View Post

Although I'm sure it can be done. Don't assume the brz would instantly have more under hood room than a miata. Using a boxer engine, set extremely low, means the brz could have less room vertically than a miata. The miata motor is also set back extremely far, which means it could have more room horizontally as well.

LS motors fit in a FR-S/ BRZ like they were almost made for them... insanely cavernous room other than the hoodline with the front, where there is "enough" room. Basically any motor you can think of has already been put in a Twin...Lexus V8's which are larger than LS V8's fit as well...

B61G1031-L.jpg

hpa-engine-swap-can-system-1200x800.jpg

And 2JZ...no problem:

ken-gushi-scion-frs-2jz-swap-02

Also there is a shop in the process of creating one with a builtup RB26 Skyline motor AND AWD system...no idea why, but they are...handling will be interesting/weird for sure, but a 1,000hp AWD sub-3,000lb car sounds interesting.
Edited by VRacer-111 - 5/31/16 at 4:20pm
post #1188 of 1197

The same can be said for the miata chassis. Here it is with the same lexus v8, in an older generation, with less room horizontally.

 

http://jalopnik.com/for-29-000-this-1991-mazda-miata-has-a-surprising-v8-1624387205

 

Then again, the miata has been around 4 generations, and has an aftermarket developed to the point where there's a number of off the shelf engine swap kits.You can buy nearly pnp kits to swap honda k20/k24, honda j32/j35 v6, older mustang v8s, LSx v8, and ford ecoboost. There's probably more, but those are just the ones I know of available today.

 

The FRS/BRZ aftermarket grew amazingly quick. But at this point, I'm not sure it'll sustain, with an unsure future for the line.

post #1189 of 1197

My grad present, 2013 911 Carrera 4S :) 

 

 

 

post #1190 of 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeculus View Post
 

My grad present, 2013 911 Carrera 4S :) 

 

 

 


Awesome, this wass mine and obviously a few years earlier:eek: LOL

 

post #1191 of 1197
Guys is there a forum for audiophile car audio setups? Or do you know any good car speakers something similar to kef ls50 monitors if there is such a car audio speakers. I have 17speaker system on my hyundai equus. 2014 model.
post #1192 of 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by slair76116 View Post

Guys is there a forum for audiophile car audio setups? Or do you know any good car speakers something similar to kef ls50 monitors if there is such a car audio speakers. I have 17speaker system on my hyundai equus. 2014 model.

 

There's a shop in my area that does audio setups for cars. Audison and Hertz have very, very impressive systems.

 

My 991 has a 12 speaker Burmester system 

post #1193 of 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeculus View Post
 

My grad present, 2013 911 Carrera 4S :) 

 

 

 

 

I'm jealous.

 

I still can't even think about affording a Porsche, and I graduated in 2011!

post #1194 of 1197


Thanks bud, I'll have a look see.

post #1195 of 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blze001 View Post
 

 

I'm jealous.

 

I still can't even think about affording a Porsche, and I graduated in 2011!

Me either, and I graduated in '05!  That life just isn't gonna happen for everyone, I think...

post #1196 of 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPerezSax View Post

Me either, and I graduated in '05!  That life just isn't gonna happen for everyone, I think...

To be honest my first job did not take and then when repairs on the Cayman started I traded it in for a low note on a GTI and have been driving GTI's ever since. Still fun just a lot more affordable😜

🍻
post #1197 of 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster View Post


To be honest my first job did not take and then when repairs on the Cayman started I traded it in for a low note on a GTI and have been driving GTI's ever since. Still fun just a lot more affordable😜

🍻

Haha I hear that.  They're great cars.  I bought my Genesis Coupe when I was working a full-time day job, and they promptly eliminated my position and closed my building months later lol.  I'm still slogging it out making payments while self-employed, though.  Love this car!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home