Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Usb 24 192khz M2tech Hiface
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Usb 24 192khz M2tech Hiface - Page 128

post #1906 of 1947

some shots of the inside would really rock!

post #1907 of 1947

somehow I tried the EVO and it works seamlessly with the drivers, play 24/192 without problem.

 

however on the hiface, it just does not work.

post #1908 of 1947

Found a posting earlier someone comparing the M2tech and a xonar stx.   I've got a Xonar D2, would i get any improvements by adding this to my system?

 

Edit: Also I've been looking at the Saffire Pro 24 dsp, any idea how it stacks up? Thanks!


Edited by elwappo99 - 3/10/11 at 8:12pm
post #1909 of 1947

V-Link looks nice, but the MTech has up to 192K out, which I've been using to drive my main sound system.  So stuck with a solution using drivers, as I am still not aware of affordable driverless 24/192 interfaces...

post #1910 of 1947

images/USBadapter-EX1.jpg

 

http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/Mapleshade-USB-TO-S_PDIF-Reclocking-Adapter/productinfo/USBADAPTER%2DCL/ [:koukouille:3]

 

"Even highly miniaturized circuits like these suffer from signal-induced internal vibrations. Our Amish woodworkers assemble a beautifully crafted (and ultra-low dielectric absorption) maple enclosure directly to the circuit board, thereby greatly stiffening the board while creating an ample sink for draining internal board vibrations"


Edited by leeperry - 3/11/11 at 4:57pm
post #1911 of 1947

Funny...

post #1912 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

Found a posting earlier someone comparing the M2tech and a xonar stx.   I've got a Xonar D2, would i get any improvements by adding this to my system?

 

Edit: Also I've been looking at the Saffire Pro 24 dsp, any idea how it stacks up? Thanks!


The M2Tech should produce a better signal compared to a consumer level soundcards digital output.  If that is what you are asking?  If you have both sitting around you can do some testing though and decide for yourself.

 

One of the only reasons I could see for using a soundcard for S/Pdif to a DAC is any features on the card should be avialable through the S/Pdif output also. E.g Dolby routines..etc

 


Edited by ROBSCIX - 3/11/11 at 5:37pm
post #1913 of 1947

 

Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

V-Link looks nice, but the MTech has up to 192K out, which I've been using to drive my main sound system.  So stuck with a solution using drivers, as I am still not aware of affordable driverless 24/192 interfaces...


Your Burson only does 24/96 top, though...and there's a 24/192 Tenor chip available, but it requires NDA's to get the datasheet: http://www.google.com/search?&q=tenor%2Bte8802l

 

 USB2.0 Audio Class v2.0 and v1.0
 2-Inputs supported by one I2S pairs with 24bit /192KHz.

 

But still no 88.2kHz support I guess, and I'm not sure Windows supports class 2.0 :/


Edited by leeperry - 3/11/11 at 6:36pm
post #1914 of 1947

Burson takes 192K through coax... The Tenor is just for USB...

 

 

Inputs:

      1 x USB Connection (Support up to 24bit @ 96Khz with 10ppm low jitter clock)

      1 x Coaxial RCA (Support up to 24bit @ 192Khz)

post #1915 of 1947

 

Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Burson takes 192K through coax...

 

DIR9001 is capped at 96kHz: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/burson5/24_big.jpg


Edited by leeperry - 3/11/11 at 6:31pm
post #1916 of 1947

Well this is off Burson's specs.  

 

I have had trouble with my 192, and Burson made it clear it's supported on coax.  I'm troubleshooting next week when I'm home, but they indicated if there's any problem I should mail the DAC board back to them.  

 

To be clear, though, I have a main stereo, which I have got 192 working on via the HiFace, which was what I was referring to.  The Burson has been a problem in this regard...


Edited by mrspeakers - 3/11/11 at 6:32pm
post #1917 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBSCIX View Post




The M2Tech should produce a better signal compared to a consumer level soundcards digital output.  If that is what you are asking?  If you have both sitting around you can do some testing though and decide for yourself.

 

One of the only reasons I could see for using a soundcard for S/Pdif to a DAC is any features on the card should be avialable through the S/Pdif output also. E.g Dolby routines..etc

 

 

Thank you very much for the reply... I think I'll end up grabbing one of these, or that evo is looking more and more tempting, maybe I'll think about that one too. Either way, results will be posted !!!

 

 

post #1918 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post

 


Your Burson only does 24/96 top, though...and there's a 24/192 Tenor chip available, but it requires NDA's to get the datasheet: http://www.google.com/search?&q=tenor%2Bte8802l

 

 USB2.0 Audio Class v2.0 and v1.0
 2-Inputs supported by one I2S pairs with 24bit /192KHz.

 

But still no 88.2kHz support I guess, and I'm not sure Windows supports class 2.0 :/


Windows can support audio class 2.0 through drivers: http://www.usbdacs.com/hs24192/hs24192.html

 

I don't understand why people are afraid of drivers. Every system uses drivers. On the mac side the build-in system drivers just support usb audio class 2.0 by default. On the windows side you need updated drivers.

 

Many DACs have updated firmware that you can only get through service. For example the Audiophilleo can be updated through the usb port. So I see drivers more as a possibility than a weakness.

 

post #1919 of 1947

The reason to be "afraid" of drivers is a) new OS' break them, frequently and b) there's a lag between release of OS and support.  For a smaller company, if they produce a product and go out of business, there's no support, and no assurance of future drivers to maintain function.

post #1920 of 1947

I was checking out the Tweak Geek web site yesterday and they are recommending the Harrison Attenuators for RCA HiFaces.  Is there any downside to using an audio attenuator on a coax cable?

 

"Attenuators - The hiFace is known to have a pretty high output, too high for some DACS. We have had great success using signal attenuators to get the output to a lower level, and the end result is a smoother sound.

 

harrison.jpg

 

 

http://www.tweekgeek.com/_e/Portable_Computer_Audio/product/HiFace/M2Tech_HiFace.htm

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Usb 24 192khz M2tech Hiface