Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Usb 24 192khz M2tech Hiface
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Usb 24 192khz M2tech Hiface - Page 10

post #136 of 1947
Quote:
It sounds like you got the impression that I'm powering the Diverter's circuitry from the USB V+ line directly, with no further conditioning. Nothing could be further from the truth; in fact there are three very high performance regulators inside, and quite a bit of pre-regulator filtration as well. My point in these posts is simply that for something like USB to SPDIF conversion, the USB's V+ line is a perfectly workable starting point, and if it's processed properly, it can be the basis of a truly high-performance power supply.
Thats not what I was trying to imply, but I figured that there are better starting points than the USB +5V, and that with USB there is no "standard" starting point either. And well, this doesn't only apply to your product so I'll keep this post over here.
post #137 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouRight View Post
tosehee, any news on the x64 drivers and stability/sq? I am all for one when Windows Seven x64 is working flawlessly like XP.
I have gotten the newer driver from m2tech last Saturday, and ran the song non-stop. The stability has improved drastically, and I haven't seen the BSOD once so far. So, i think that' a good start.

I have run into foobar unresponsive time to time, but I do not know whether that is related to the driver or not, but I reported this back to the m2tech.

I heard that they are getting a digital signature for the 64bit driver very soon and will be releasing a 1.02 with both 32/64 bit drivers very soon, and Mac drivers in 10+ days. I will be testing that driver as well, so I will notify with any updates.
post #138 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachikoma View Post
Thats not what I was trying to imply, but I figured that there are better starting points than the USB +5V, and that with USB there is no "standard" starting point either. And well, this doesn't only apply to your product so I'll keep this post over here.
I think those plot pictures show more than thousand words. Laptop would be the most ideal solution, but even with PC, the power supplies seem to be more than okay for this type of device.
post #139 of 1947
So currently how much is this bad boy going to run in me dollars? I feel like someone early on said it was 88 euros or something. So plus shipping tosehee how much did you end up shelling out?
post #140 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinharding View Post
So currently how much is this bad boy going to run in me dollars? I feel like someone early on said it was 88 euros or something. So plus shipping tosehee how much did you end up shelling out?
Depends on the option you've taken. I got it with BNC output and that adds about $11-15 euro. I can't recall exactly.

But, all in all, I paid like $160. If you go with RCA, it would be $140 or so, I assume.
post #141 of 1947
And why, assuming you've got more connections on your DAC than a BNC, did you go with that output as opposed to the RCA one? Is there an inherent quality different between them or is it just simply a matter of opinion to which one each person prefers?
post #142 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinharding View Post
And why, assuming you've got more connections on your DAC than a BNC, did you go with that output as opposed to the RCA one? Is there an inherent quality different between them or is it just simply a matter of opinion to which one each person prefers?
There is no true 75ohm rca connector. Also, my DAC provides BNC input. So, it's natural for me to go with true 75ohm BNC to BNC. You can get 75 ohm RCA cable, but that differs from connector type.
post #143 of 1947
Is there somewhere I can order the HiFace with BNC?

-Ed
post #144 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Is there somewhere I can order the HiFace with BNC?

-Ed
sales@m2tech.biz and ask for BNC output option.
post #145 of 1947
Thanks, but no way to order online? Not really comfortable ordering over email with a credit card, and I doubt they have a USA phone number to call.
post #146 of 1947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Thanks, but no way to order online? Not really comfortable ordering over email with a credit card, and I doubt they have a USA phone number to call.
You basically send an email and they send out the paypal to your email address. Once confirmed with payment, they ship it after it's built.

It's not an online purchase per se like amazon, but you do not send your CC # either.
post #147 of 1947
I am happy to report that 1.02 beta driver that I am testing is very solid. No crash or BSOD so far. I just got a newer version that is now properly signed and have 1 more defect fixed. I foresee this will be released soon.

1.02beta works in Foobar and Winamp using KS kernel.
post #148 of 1947
there seems to be a lot of comparison with the musiland 01 - but this directly competes in the price range of musiland 02(which reviews seems to indicate are significantly better).... any comments on which one(M2tech of musiland 02) is better?
post #149 of 1947
@tosehee:

Since my setup is pretty much the same as yours - can you describe more in detail the perceived audio differences between Monitor 01 USD and M2tech converters?

I am, at the moment, using Monitor 01 USD (XP with latest 1.0.5.0 drivers, BNC output) connected through externally powered USB hub and I'm very pleased with it. But if this M2tech "dongle" is so much better...

Thanks
post #150 of 1947
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EphemeralHope View Post
there seems to be a lot of comparison with the musiland 01 - but this directly competes in the price range of musiland 02(which reviews seems to indicate are significantly better).... any comments on which one(M2tech of musiland 02) is better?
Next week I think for comparison with my 02 us
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Usb 24 192khz M2tech Hiface