I bought the Labtec from net Direct Bargains a few weeks ago. No problems. Arrived fast. Big City Closeouts has it through Amazon as well. Why did he try to contact them versus just ordering it?
Related Forum Threads
- Semi open vs open headphone for classical music Last post on 9/20/12 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where can I get replacement AD700 wing pad supports? Last post on 9/29/11 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone pro 550 or HFI 580? Or others? Last post on 9/28/11 at 12:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD700 (w/ box and documents) - SOLD Last post on 9/23/11 at 8:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Can i do this? with my sound card? Last post on 6/9/11 at 6:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
FraGTaLiTy's Audio-Technica AD700 boom mic Mod - Page 5post #61 of 977/9/10 at 1:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 978/20/10 at 6:00am
Creative Aurvana Live aka re-badged Denon D1001s w/Labtec LVA 7330 mic. Sorry for bad phone pics. The mic-branding is no longer there, took it off with nail polish remover, though the red circles remains (pics were taken beforehand).
I'm not liking the double sided velcro, so the mic is going to be permanently bonded to the CALs soon.
Thanks to Fragtality for this mod. Mine looks nowhere near as good as his, but it's 100% functional.
What did you use to hold the AD700 and mic's wires together?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/20/10 at 6:15ampost #63 of 979/9/10 at 11:26am
Finally gotten the mic from the shipping.
Attached to my ad700, doubt i will need to post any picture, quite similar/identical to TS' OP.
Cant wait to diy a splitter tomorrow before i can use the mic, looks promising !post #64 of 979/9/10 at 1:40pm
Do you guys have any female 3.5mm jacks to recommend for installed into the AD700's?
I would love to be able to run a mic cable to a 3.5mm female connector and hook the little plug in mic from my Razer HP-1's into it.post #65 of 9710/31/10 at 4:05ampost #66 of 9710/31/10 at 6:57ampost #67 of 9710/31/10 at 3:00pmpost #68 of 9710/31/10 at 6:36pmpost #69 of 9711/2/10 at 9:07ampost #70 of 9711/15/10 at 12:05pmpost #71 of 9711/17/10 at 9:30pmpost #72 of 9711/18/10 at 12:58am
That would be better but it would void the warranty.
post #73 of 9711/18/10 at 1:20am
Ooo never saw this thread before, but I actually did a very similar mod a few months ago except I didnt know about a nice low profile microphone like this one I used another headset as the donor. Im using double sided velcro since I dont always want it attached and I have more than one pair of headphones. Using industrial strength velcro it sticks nice and firm but I can remove both the microphone and/or the velcro if the need ever comes.
Made a little video about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-dqoM2WWRwpost #74 of 971/9/11 at 6:45pm
Another request for help finding a Labtec LVA 7330 or its replacement model that will serve the same purpose and easily mod.
Found an LVA 7330 on Amazon that was listed on 1/9/11, that listing did not even make it 24 hours heh. AD700's arrive on Friday with my mic!
Edited by fej - 1/11/11 at 1:33pm
- FraGTaLiTy's Audio-Technica AD700 boom mic Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Impressions And Appreciation Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 29 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: Cable 1.2m for HD800 with 3.5mm right angle 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...