I bought the Labtec from net Direct Bargains a few weeks ago. No problems. Arrived fast. Big City Closeouts has it through Amazon as well. Why did he try to contact them versus just ordering it?
Related Forum Threads
- Semi open vs open headphone for classical music Last post on 9/20/12 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where can I get replacement AD700 wing pad supports? Last post on 9/29/11 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone pro 550 or HFI 580? Or others? Last post on 9/28/11 at 12:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD700 (w/ box and documents) - SOLD Last post on 9/23/11 at 8:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Can i do this? with my sound card? Last post on 6/9/11 at 6:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
FraGTaLiTy's Audio-Technica AD700 boom mic Mod - Page 5post #61 of 967/9/10 at 1:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 968/20/10 at 6:00am
Creative Aurvana Live aka re-badged Denon D1001s w/Labtec LVA 7330 mic. Sorry for bad phone pics. The mic-branding is no longer there, took it off with nail polish remover, though the red circles remains (pics were taken beforehand).
I'm not liking the double sided velcro, so the mic is going to be permanently bonded to the CALs soon.
Thanks to Fragtality for this mod. Mine looks nowhere near as good as his, but it's 100% functional.
What did you use to hold the AD700 and mic's wires together?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/20/10 at 6:15ampost #63 of 969/9/10 at 11:26am
Finally gotten the mic from the shipping.
Attached to my ad700, doubt i will need to post any picture, quite similar/identical to TS' OP.
Cant wait to diy a splitter tomorrow before i can use the mic, looks promising !post #64 of 969/9/10 at 1:40pm
Do you guys have any female 3.5mm jacks to recommend for installed into the AD700's?
I would love to be able to run a mic cable to a 3.5mm female connector and hook the little plug in mic from my Razer HP-1's into it.post #65 of 9610/31/10 at 4:05ampost #66 of 9610/31/10 at 6:57ampost #67 of 9610/31/10 at 3:00pmpost #68 of 9610/31/10 at 6:36pmpost #69 of 9611/2/10 at 9:07ampost #70 of 9611/15/10 at 12:05pmpost #71 of 9611/17/10 at 9:30pmpost #72 of 9611/18/10 at 12:58am
That would be better but it would void the warranty.
post #73 of 9611/18/10 at 1:20am
Ooo never saw this thread before, but I actually did a very similar mod a few months ago except I didnt know about a nice low profile microphone like this one I used another headset as the donor. Im using double sided velcro since I dont always want it attached and I have more than one pair of headphones. Using industrial strength velcro it sticks nice and firm but I can remove both the microphone and/or the velcro if the need ever comes.
Made a little video about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-dqoM2WWRwpost #74 of 961/9/11 at 6:45pm
Another request for help finding a Labtec LVA 7330 or its replacement model that will serve the same purpose and easily mod.
Found an LVA 7330 on Amazon that was listed on 1/9/11, that listing did not even make it 24 hours heh. AD700's arrive on Friday with my mic!
Edited by fej - 1/11/11 at 1:33pm
- FraGTaLiTy's Audio-Technica AD700 boom mic Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Headphone for fitting my prototype earpad using silk as both inner... 1 minute ago
- › Interest Check / Trading Down: SE846 + Silver Litz Cable 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Do hard drives sound different? 5 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-C560R Photo's, First Impressions and Review - Could these... 8 minutes ago
- › Recommendations - Over ears with isolation or noise cancelation as... 10 minutes ago
- › FS: Headamp Pico DAC (Black) 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)