I bought the Labtec from net Direct Bargains a few weeks ago. No problems. Arrived fast. Big City Closeouts has it through Amazon as well. Why did he try to contact them versus just ordering it?
Related Forum Threads
- Semi open vs open headphone for classical music Last post on 9/20/12 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where can I get replacement AD700 wing pad supports? Last post on 9/29/11 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone pro 550 or HFI 580? Or others? Last post on 9/28/11 at 12:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD700 (w/ box and documents) - SOLD Last post on 9/23/11 at 8:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Can i do this? with my sound card? Last post on 6/9/11 at 6:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
FraGTaLiTy's Audio-Technica AD700 boom mic Mod - Page 5post #61 of 977/9/10 at 1:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 978/20/10 at 6:00am
Creative Aurvana Live aka re-badged Denon D1001s w/Labtec LVA 7330 mic. Sorry for bad phone pics. The mic-branding is no longer there, took it off with nail polish remover, though the red circles remains (pics were taken beforehand).
I'm not liking the double sided velcro, so the mic is going to be permanently bonded to the CALs soon.
Thanks to Fragtality for this mod. Mine looks nowhere near as good as his, but it's 100% functional.
What did you use to hold the AD700 and mic's wires together?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/20/10 at 6:15ampost #63 of 979/9/10 at 11:26am
Finally gotten the mic from the shipping.
Attached to my ad700, doubt i will need to post any picture, quite similar/identical to TS' OP.
Cant wait to diy a splitter tomorrow before i can use the mic, looks promising !post #64 of 979/9/10 at 1:40pm
Do you guys have any female 3.5mm jacks to recommend for installed into the AD700's?
I would love to be able to run a mic cable to a 3.5mm female connector and hook the little plug in mic from my Razer HP-1's into it.post #65 of 9710/31/10 at 4:05ampost #66 of 9710/31/10 at 6:57ampost #67 of 9710/31/10 at 3:00pmpost #68 of 9710/31/10 at 6:36pmpost #69 of 9711/2/10 at 9:07ampost #70 of 9711/15/10 at 12:05pmpost #71 of 9711/17/10 at 9:30pmpost #72 of 9711/18/10 at 12:58am
That would be better but it would void the warranty.
post #73 of 9711/18/10 at 1:20am
Ooo never saw this thread before, but I actually did a very similar mod a few months ago except I didnt know about a nice low profile microphone like this one I used another headset as the donor. Im using double sided velcro since I dont always want it attached and I have more than one pair of headphones. Using industrial strength velcro it sticks nice and firm but I can remove both the microphone and/or the velcro if the need ever comes.
Made a little video about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-dqoM2WWRwpost #74 of 971/9/11 at 6:45pm
Another request for help finding a Labtec LVA 7330 or its replacement model that will serve the same purpose and easily mod.
Found an LVA 7330 on Amazon that was listed on 1/9/11, that listing did not even make it 24 hours heh. AD700's arrive on Friday with my mic!
Edited by fej - 1/11/11 at 1:33pm
- FraGTaLiTy's Audio-Technica AD700 boom mic Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear in stock and a loaner program! 5 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 9 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 10 minutes ago
- › High End DAC vs Built-in DAC 12 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 12 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 16 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 16 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 18 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...