Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › New Sony 64 GB DAP: NW-A840
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Sony 64 GB DAP: NW-A840 - Page 3

post #31 of 209
They say they will release this DAP on 31st October in Japan. But how long will it take before it will come to the US and Europe? How long did it take with the the X-series for instance?

Edit: The X-series was released on 25th of April in Japan, FYI. And the first person who bought it on Head-fi seems to be soozieq in the middle of May. So that's 3 weeks later. Does somebody know when the X was released in Europe?
post #32 of 209
Quote:
Putting English in means they need to support SonicStage outside of Japan and more development costs.
I'm not talking about "outside of japan", i'm talking about english language. Keitais are not designed to be used outside of japan (only recently sharp has released phones for china and taiwan), but there is an english interface; and docomo and softbank websites are also available in english. I've thought that this is because there is a significant number of native english speakers in japan.
Quote:
The phones you mention are Sharp, not Sony.
I'm talking about the phones i've used. I believe that others (e.g. SO905i) can be also used with english interface, however, i'm not 100% sure about that.
post #33 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by penartur View Post
I'm not talking about "outside of japan", i'm talking about english language. Keitais are not designed to be used outside of japan (only recently sharp has released phones for china and taiwan), but there is an english interface; and docomo and softbank websites are also available in english. I've thought that this is because there is a significant number of native english speakers in japan.
But you don't get it. Investing in putting English menus on a Japanese only product means more development than just putting menus on a player. This is a business decision. For what it's worth, Sony does the same thing for many (if not all) of the cameras in Japan not made for export - Japanese only menus. It's the way they do things.

I've been to Japan a few times, so I know what it's like over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penartur View Post
I'm talking about the phones i've used. I believe that others (e.g. SO905i) can be also used with english interface, however, i'm not 100% sure about that.
But you're comparing apples to oranges in this case, and not even the same manufacturer.
post #34 of 209
ooooooooh very very shiny


i like it
post #35 of 209
Quote:
But you're comparing apples to oranges in this case, and not even the same manufacturer.
SO905i is made by sony.
post #36 of 209
Now if this would just have true line out, and throw in a micro SD card slot.... we'd be talking about perfection.
post #37 of 209
line out i could live without but god i agree it would rock if it at an sd card slot too
post #38 of 209
If I import one of these from Japan, do I have to use SonicStage to load ATRAC files or just simply drag&drop (I know it works for MP3)?
post #39 of 209
Im guessing a Xmas release for US and Europe?
post #40 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puro View Post
Im guessing a Xmas release for US and Europe?
Most lightly I'd say.

This is a very pretty device, still it doesn't puts out the spot light from the X, to my eyes of course.

I simply Adore X's design (including those colored sparkles), the fact it's a 3'' touchscreen, with nice, perfectly placed physical buttons.

The automatic video conversion drag & drop feature is nice, but it's already available using Win 7.

I'm very grateful Sony has launched the new S, E and now A series, since I believe it's legitimate for the X users to now expect a firmware update release from Sony, which goes against all my initial expectations, as you all must know why...
post #41 of 209
Oh my gosh. It is thinner than my S730. I can't look at my X-series without thinking how fat it is now...



Also the SO905i is by Sony Ericsson, not Sony. They are a seperate entity co-owned by two companies, whose headquarter is in London.
post #42 of 209
Man this would be perfect for me. I don't like touch screens for a music player. Still has the dumb sony connector though.
post #43 of 209
Oh man, I am soooooooo looking forward to this player!!! I was *THIS* close to caving and getting the X, but this one is just BEYOND perfect!

I finally know what true love feels like...*sigh*
(sorry to my gf!)
post #44 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilney View Post
If I import one of these from Japan, do I have to use SonicStage to load ATRAC files or just simply drag&drop (I know it works for MP3)?
With the X, you can drag and drop as well as use SonicStage (for both ATRAC as well as all other formats). It's the first Sony to do that. So unless they take a step back, I would think this one would mimic the X.
post #45 of 209
A840 can import music movie and photo from PS3; you also can play files (inside A840) on TV through PS3 (assumed it is Playstation 3). How does it work?
Adjustable playback speed, o.5x ~ 2.0x.
It can directly record from CD/MD through WM-Port.
Battery life, audio 29 hours, video 9 hours.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › New Sony 64 GB DAP: NW-A840