Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › NullAudio Enyo Custom Cable Review (Massive Pics!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NullAudio Enyo Custom Cable Review (Massive Pics!) - Page 2

post #16 of 115
The biggest misconception is cost.. People assume a 500.00 cable will better a 69.00 cable.. It depends on many aspects.. Subconsciously, we pick more expensive cause it 'must' be better.. Take into account Smart engineering. & fair & honest cable makers.
post #17 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
That's not necessarily the case actually, UE uses a recessed socket which other cables don't fit on it. However, UE's cable does fit other Customs.
Very true. I wish that Jerry would have recessed the connectors into the molds of the 13's, like the 10's. This way, you know you'll never bend the pins and the cable won't fall out by accident.

I suppose their is a good reason. Maybe not.
post #18 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayajin;6038374[COLOR=black
The insertion and remove is rather difficult because the grip power into the sockets is tighter than stock cable. [/COLOR]
I just ordered lune cable but do you mean the gold male connector on enyo or lune cable's bigger? If it is, will it stretch the female socket on the jh13 making the stock cable a loose fit when it used later?
post #19 of 115
Hi, I've just got my enyo cable.. Is there such thing as polarity issue to connect to my JH13? I mean the blue dot on the cable connect to my blue side of JH13, the same for red dot.. But I am not sure whether to have the blue/red dot face outward or inward?? Or it doesn't matter, either is fine??
post #20 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticket2HF View Post
Hi, I've just got my enyo cable.. Is there such thing as polarity issue to connect to my JH13? I mean the blue dot on the cable connect to my blue side of JH13, the same for red dot.. But I am not sure whether to have the blue/red dot face outward or inward?? Or it doesn't matter, either is fine??
The dot should face inward, away from the faceplate.
post #21 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
The dot should face inward, away from the faceplate.

X2
The only issue, the dots go off after very short while. I can't find my blue dot anymore lol. Isn’t that difficult to find the right direction anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
I just ordered lune cable but do you mean the gold male connector on enyo or lune cable's bigger? If it is, will it stretch the female socket on the jh13 making the stock cable a loose fit when it used later?

By eye, no they look be to be exactly same size, the Enyo going more difficult into the female socket though, the stock cable isn’t going rather easy either in my case. My stock cable perhaps did loose a bit the first insertions but nothing that make any changes how I insert them.
For now I only put them half way so I better can do A-B testing. In that way they easier to remove. I’ve heard stock cable it will go more loosely through time on TF10 but I don’t have idea about jh13.
post #22 of 115
Hi there
Much thanks to MaoDi for this review, I'm just about ready to make my order for JH13's and was curious to know a few things about this cable.

1.) See if I can explain this... The connector wrap (the black part, not the connectors themeselves) seems long, over double the amount that are on stock cables, I would have though this makes them jut out more, is that the case?

2.) Right angle vs. Pailiccs connection, sorry, bit of newbie question, but aside from one being right angle and one being straight is there another difference, or is it purely asthetics?

3.) Luna vs. Enyo, lightness of the cable being the defining difference?

Many thanks for any that can help out with this.

Stick
post #23 of 115
Darn, it has a Y-split. I am currently finding something for my flimsy HD 238 cable. Any suggestions???
post #24 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick View Post
1.) See if I can explain this... The connector wrap (the black part, not the connectors themeselves) seems long, over double the amount that are on stock cables, I would have though this makes them jut out more, is that the case?
It's just heat shrink, it protects the plug. It hasn't changed how the cable sits around my ear, so don't worry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick

2.) Right angle vs. Pailiccs connection, sorry, bit of newbie question, but aside from one being right angle and one being straight is there another difference, or is it purely asthetics?
Usually it's the quality of the plug that matters, since it's Pailiccs and Neutrik, both being high quality plugs there isn't a difference in performance. So it's only aesthetics for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick
3.) Luna vs. Enyo, lightness of the cable being the defining difference?
No, the Lune series use silver wires, vs copper in the Enyo. The Lune series is also lighter, more flexible, and a better performing cable overall that is why it cost almost twice as much as the Enyo.
post #25 of 115
Felix, you mentioned that it really brings out the lows on the ES3X's.

After reading you review on the ES3X vs 10X3's, how would you rank the lows on the ES3X's stock cable (1 through 10) vs ranking the the lows with the enyo cable (1 through 10).

Thanks in advance!
post #26 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoaklandraider View Post
Felix, you mentioned that it really brings out the lows on the ES3X's.

After reading you review on the ES3X vs 10X3's, how would you rank the lows on the ES3X's stock cable (1 through 10) vs ranking the the lows with the enyo cable (1 through 10).

Thanks in advance!
hmmm, if it's directly compared like that. I would say overall the stock would be about a 7 while the enyo would bring it to around 8. It brings out the mids, but also makes it a bit warmer.
post #27 of 115
Ok, sounds good! I'll let you know after I get my es3x's and I feel a need to upgrade to the enyo's!
I appreciate the help once again!
post #28 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoaklandraider View Post
Ok, sounds good! I'll let you know after I get my es3x's and I feel a need to upgrade to the enyo's!
I appreciate the help once again!
If lows are what you're looking for, then why not go directly for the 10X3, instead of spending an extra $50 on the ES3X, and also $70 on the enyo?
post #29 of 115
My understanding is that silver cable tends to make the phones sound brighter when compared to copper. Therefore lune isn't necessarily better.
post #30 of 115
I think the "silver is brighter" thing is a myth. I bought the Lune for my TF10s when it was only $109 and it removed the harshness I was hearing with them which made listening to jazz unpleasant.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › NullAudio Enyo Custom Cable Review (Massive Pics!)