With the right amp, they can't be beat for music with amplified instruments. Not as stunning for acoustic instruments but still very good. I found my perfect match with the Woo 6. And I swear by flats and the replacement lamb skin pad. Mine are also tweeked with a Silver Dragon cable. Don't know if the cable makes much difference but it's sure well-made!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500s (new Grado's) Last post on 4/11/15 at 10:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Replace HF2 with Somthing Else? Last post on 6/3/11 at 3:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Grados less strident/peaky than RS1s Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 1:39 pm in Headphones (full-size)
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
Grado RS1i Impressions thread - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Exactly...several postings a day are a great indication of FOTM status. The RS1/RS1i have been around for a very long, long time.
The RS1i's are legendary and will not dimish in their hold among the audiophile community not on head-fi or outside it.
Most of the new headphones,will be nice in their own right but the RS1i's do hold a very special place.
People discuss the RS1 all the time in the sense that they are mentioned all the time in threads when people want recommendations.
To be honest, I think the real problem with the RS1 is that it's $100-150 too expensive new.
I understand your statement but what do you have to say about the pair performing miles ahead in one commonly listened to genre,ROCK.
I for one have never heard a pair but I'am sure others would pitch in information about other $1000.00 headphones when compared to the RS1i's for Rock.
The RS1/RS1i does hold it's own with my other cans (that are quite a bit more expensive) with regards to rock/metal.
I know the GS1000's aren't as agressive as the RS1i's,therefore the RS1i's would be their highest headphones that rock the Grado Sound.
What other headphone could bit it in Rock department.
The Denon D7000s are quite good for rock!
Would they have the same liquid upper mid performance with the guitars that the Grado's have.
I find myself reaching for them just as often as my RS1i's when I plan on listening to Zeppelin or Sabbath. Guitars sound really good with them. They are that good.
Hifi...definitely. I think they are the best current in-production Grado cans.
They certainly hold their own when compared to my other headphones.
That is comforting to know.
I feel they don't receive the recognition they deserve,could be becuase there are so many new headphones out in the market now, orthos and what not.
At one time Rock meant Grado's,now all we discuss are the LCD2's
The LCD-2s are new (FOTM). I'm not saying they're not great...time will be that judge and I would love to hear them, but after 6 months with all new headphones (HD800/T1/etc...) the constant thread updates do taper off. The RS1s are still among the very best for rock/metal (and not too shabby for jazz).
- Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 44 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 47 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 49 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2