With the right amp, they can't be beat for music with amplified instruments. Not as stunning for acoustic instruments but still very good. I found my perfect match with the Woo 6. And I swear by flats and the replacement lamb skin pad. Mine are also tweeked with a Silver Dragon cable. Don't know if the cable makes much difference but it's sure well-made!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500s (new Grado's) Last post on 11/30/14 at 12:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Replace HF2 with Somthing Else? Last post on 6/3/11 at 3:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Grados less strident/peaky than RS1s Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 10:35 am in Headphones (full-size)
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again, small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Grado RS1i Impressions thread - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Exactly...several postings a day are a great indication of FOTM status. The RS1/RS1i have been around for a very long, long time.
The RS1i's are legendary and will not dimish in their hold among the audiophile community not on head-fi or outside it.
Most of the new headphones,will be nice in their own right but the RS1i's do hold a very special place.
People discuss the RS1 all the time in the sense that they are mentioned all the time in threads when people want recommendations.
To be honest, I think the real problem with the RS1 is that it's $100-150 too expensive new.
I understand your statement but what do you have to say about the pair performing miles ahead in one commonly listened to genre,ROCK.
I for one have never heard a pair but I'am sure others would pitch in information about other $1000.00 headphones when compared to the RS1i's for Rock.
The RS1/RS1i does hold it's own with my other cans (that are quite a bit more expensive) with regards to rock/metal.
I know the GS1000's aren't as agressive as the RS1i's,therefore the RS1i's would be their highest headphones that rock the Grado Sound.
What other headphone could bit it in Rock department.
The Denon D7000s are quite good for rock!
Would they have the same liquid upper mid performance with the guitars that the Grado's have.
I find myself reaching for them just as often as my RS1i's when I plan on listening to Zeppelin or Sabbath. Guitars sound really good with them. They are that good.
Hifi...definitely. I think they are the best current in-production Grado cans.
They certainly hold their own when compared to my other headphones.
That is comforting to know.
I feel they don't receive the recognition they deserve,could be becuase there are so many new headphones out in the market now, orthos and what not.
At one time Rock meant Grado's,now all we discuss are the LCD2's
The LCD-2s are new (FOTM). I'm not saying they're not great...time will be that judge and I would love to hear them, but after 6 months with all new headphones (HD800/T1/etc...) the constant thread updates do taper off. The RS1s are still among the very best for rock/metal (and not too shabby for jazz).
- Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 5.1 Headphone experience *Foobar configuration for all stereo music... 12 seconds ago
- › Bel Canto S300 Dual Mono Amp 50 seconds ago
- › JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie 1 minute ago
- › Klipsch R6i vs Klipsch x7i 1 minute ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Reference 6SN7 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 4 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)