With the right amp, they can't be beat for music with amplified instruments. Not as stunning for acoustic instruments but still very good. I found my perfect match with the Woo 6. And I swear by flats and the replacement lamb skin pad. Mine are also tweeked with a Silver Dragon cable. Don't know if the cable makes much difference but it's sure well-made!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500s (new Grado's) Last post on 8/28/14 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Replace HF2 with Somthing Else? Last post on 6/3/11 at 3:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Grados less strident/peaky than RS1s Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 7:19 am in Headphones (full-size)
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
Grado RS1i Impressions thread - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Exactly...several postings a day are a great indication of FOTM status. The RS1/RS1i have been around for a very long, long time.
The RS1i's are legendary and will not dimish in their hold among the audiophile community not on head-fi or outside it.
Most of the new headphones,will be nice in their own right but the RS1i's do hold a very special place.
People discuss the RS1 all the time in the sense that they are mentioned all the time in threads when people want recommendations.
To be honest, I think the real problem with the RS1 is that it's $100-150 too expensive new.
I understand your statement but what do you have to say about the pair performing miles ahead in one commonly listened to genre,ROCK.
I for one have never heard a pair but I'am sure others would pitch in information about other $1000.00 headphones when compared to the RS1i's for Rock.
The RS1/RS1i does hold it's own with my other cans (that are quite a bit more expensive) with regards to rock/metal.
I know the GS1000's aren't as agressive as the RS1i's,therefore the RS1i's would be their highest headphones that rock the Grado Sound.
What other headphone could bit it in Rock department.
The Denon D7000s are quite good for rock!
Would they have the same liquid upper mid performance with the guitars that the Grado's have.
I find myself reaching for them just as often as my RS1i's when I plan on listening to Zeppelin or Sabbath. Guitars sound really good with them. They are that good.
Hifi...definitely. I think they are the best current in-production Grado cans.
They certainly hold their own when compared to my other headphones.
That is comforting to know.
I feel they don't receive the recognition they deserve,could be becuase there are so many new headphones out in the market now, orthos and what not.
At one time Rock meant Grado's,now all we discuss are the LCD2's
The LCD-2s are new (FOTM). I'm not saying they're not great...time will be that judge and I would love to hear them, but after 6 months with all new headphones (HD800/T1/etc...) the constant thread updates do taper off. The RS1s are still among the very best for rock/metal (and not too shabby for jazz).
- Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › I don't quite understand this whole "balanced output/input"deal,... 15 seconds ago
- › Audio Research PH6 phono preamp 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › e09k to the astro mixamp? 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone extension cable signal loss 3 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels Audio Emmeline HR-2 Headphone Amp in good condition 4 minutes ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)