With the right amp, they can't be beat for music with amplified instruments. Not as stunning for acoustic instruments but still very good. I found my perfect match with the Woo 6. And I swear by flats and the replacement lamb skin pad. Mine are also tweeked with a Silver Dragon cable. Don't know if the cable makes much difference but it's sure well-made!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500s (new Grado's) Last post on Today at 12:34 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Replace HF2 with Somthing Else? Last post on 6/3/11 at 3:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Grados less strident/peaky than RS1s Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 4:29 am in Headphones (full-size)
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Grado RS1i Impressions thread - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Exactly...several postings a day are a great indication of FOTM status. The RS1/RS1i have been around for a very long, long time.
The RS1i's are legendary and will not dimish in their hold among the audiophile community not on head-fi or outside it.
Most of the new headphones,will be nice in their own right but the RS1i's do hold a very special place.
People discuss the RS1 all the time in the sense that they are mentioned all the time in threads when people want recommendations.
To be honest, I think the real problem with the RS1 is that it's $100-150 too expensive new.
I understand your statement but what do you have to say about the pair performing miles ahead in one commonly listened to genre,ROCK.
I for one have never heard a pair but I'am sure others would pitch in information about other $1000.00 headphones when compared to the RS1i's for Rock.
The RS1/RS1i does hold it's own with my other cans (that are quite a bit more expensive) with regards to rock/metal.
I know the GS1000's aren't as agressive as the RS1i's,therefore the RS1i's would be their highest headphones that rock the Grado Sound.
What other headphone could bit it in Rock department.
The Denon D7000s are quite good for rock!
Would they have the same liquid upper mid performance with the guitars that the Grado's have.
I find myself reaching for them just as often as my RS1i's when I plan on listening to Zeppelin or Sabbath. Guitars sound really good with them. They are that good.
Hifi...definitely. I think they are the best current in-production Grado cans.
They certainly hold their own when compared to my other headphones.
That is comforting to know.
I feel they don't receive the recognition they deserve,could be becuase there are so many new headphones out in the market now, orthos and what not.
At one time Rock meant Grado's,now all we discuss are the LCD2's
The LCD-2s are new (FOTM). I'm not saying they're not great...time will be that judge and I would love to hear them, but after 6 months with all new headphones (HD800/T1/etc...) the constant thread updates do taper off. The RS1s are still among the very best for rock/metal (and not too shabby for jazz).
- Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 16 seconds ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 44 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 55 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 2 minutes ago
- › Sold my ipod classic and starting over.. Recommendation for DAP?... 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 - Gaming Setup 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)