With the right amp, they can't be beat for music with amplified instruments. Not as stunning for acoustic instruments but still very good. I found my perfect match with the Woo 6. And I swear by flats and the replacement lamb skin pad. Mine are also tweeked with a Silver Dragon cable. Don't know if the cable makes much difference but it's sure well-made!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500s (new Grado's) Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Replace HF2 with Somthing Else? Last post on 6/3/11 at 3:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Grados less strident/peaky than RS1s Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 5:02 am in Headphones (full-size)
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Grado RS1i Impressions thread - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Exactly...several postings a day are a great indication of FOTM status. The RS1/RS1i have been around for a very long, long time.
The RS1i's are legendary and will not dimish in their hold among the audiophile community not on head-fi or outside it.
Most of the new headphones,will be nice in their own right but the RS1i's do hold a very special place.
People discuss the RS1 all the time in the sense that they are mentioned all the time in threads when people want recommendations.
To be honest, I think the real problem with the RS1 is that it's $100-150 too expensive new.
I understand your statement but what do you have to say about the pair performing miles ahead in one commonly listened to genre,ROCK.
I for one have never heard a pair but I'am sure others would pitch in information about other $1000.00 headphones when compared to the RS1i's for Rock.
The RS1/RS1i does hold it's own with my other cans (that are quite a bit more expensive) with regards to rock/metal.
I know the GS1000's aren't as agressive as the RS1i's,therefore the RS1i's would be their highest headphones that rock the Grado Sound.
What other headphone could bit it in Rock department.
The Denon D7000s are quite good for rock!
Would they have the same liquid upper mid performance with the guitars that the Grado's have.
I find myself reaching for them just as often as my RS1i's when I plan on listening to Zeppelin or Sabbath. Guitars sound really good with them. They are that good.
Hifi...definitely. I think they are the best current in-production Grado cans.
They certainly hold their own when compared to my other headphones.
That is comforting to know.
I feel they don't receive the recognition they deserve,could be becuase there are so many new headphones out in the market now, orthos and what not.
At one time Rock meant Grado's,now all we discuss are the LCD2's
The LCD-2s are new (FOTM). I'm not saying they're not great...time will be that judge and I would love to hear them, but after 6 months with all new headphones (HD800/T1/etc...) the constant thread updates do taper off. The RS1s are still among the very best for rock/metal (and not too shabby for jazz).
- Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best Over Ear or In Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › Entry Level / Mid Fi iems with removable cables 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › AK240 Balanced RSA cable 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 2 minutes ago
- › Any good IEMs for around $250? 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K551 - BAD sound !! please help 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)