or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado RS1i Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado RS1i Impressions thread - Page 49

post #721 of 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


you quite welcome, and you are excused ,

the thing about the gs1000, is its not just a great grado, it a great headphone period , in my ears anyway

its made my lcd2 a lot more expendable , i may let it go in a move for something else, just having a hard time settling on which phone


Does the weight of the LCD 2 have anything to do with your decision or are these just sonic differences , Jay.

 

I know the GS1000i is darn light and comfy.

 

Also I am thinking this headphone also has great synergy with the MAD


Edited by whirlwind - 1/25/14 at 5:46pm
post #722 of 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 


Does the weight of the LCD 2 have anything to do with your decision or are these just sonic differences , Jay.

 

I know the GS1000i is darn light and comfy.

 

Also I am thinking this headphone also has great synergy with the MAD


no,yes,yes

:cool:

post #723 of 2102

Don't get me wrong Jay, I think that the GS1000i can play with any brand's big boys without making excuses for themselves, and on top of that, they just kill the PS1000 when it comes to price vs performance.

post #724 of 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post
 

Don't get me wrong Jay, I think that the GS1000i can play with any brand's big boys without making excuses for themselves, and on top of that, they just kill the PS1000 when it comes to price vs performance.


no i'm with you, they don't get the recognition they should

post #725 of 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


you quite welcome, and you are excused ,

the thing about the gs1000, is its not just a great grado, it a great headphone period , in my ears anyway

its made my lcd2 a lot more expendable , i may let it go in a move for something else, just having a hard time settling on which phone

 Jay-I heard these guys at a meet.

 

This is what you need

 

 

STAX SR-009 Open Back Electrostatic Earspeakers from Japan

 

And it's barely over $4,000.

 

How can could you  not?:gs1000smile:

post #726 of 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

 Jay-I heard these guys at a meet.

 

This is what you need

 

 

STAX SR-009 Open Back Electrostatic Earspeakers from Japan

 

And it's barely over $4,000.

 

How can could you  not?:gs1000smile:


got to get the abyss and a liquid fire first, or the woo mono blocks

 

i would love to hear'em !

post #727 of 2102

I would love to hear them....even though I know I could never afford them.....but still would like to hear for myself.

 

Ever since I made the switch to headphones....I enjoy my music so much more...and that is what I love.....I am listening to my music again....and I am happy.

post #728 of 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


got to get the abyss and a liquid fire first, or the woo mono blocks

 

i would love to hear'em !

OK-you piqued my curiosity and looked them up along with their price tags.

 

 

You are insane. Or, you have way too much money to spend on this hobby:deadhorse:

post #729 of 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

Or you can buy a LD1+.

Another great choice is the Aune T1 with the RS1i. A superb sounding combo that won't break the bank.
post #730 of 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

OK-you piqued my curiosity and looked them up along with their price tags.

 

 

You are insane. Or, you have way too much money to spend on this hobby:deadhorse:

:blink: me crazy ?? lol

post #731 of 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphony View Post


Another great choice is the Aune T1 with the RS1i. A superb sounding combo that won't break the bank.


Yeah, plus the dac has the tube......I have heard  it is pretty awesome with many headphones.

post #732 of 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post

 Jay-I heard these guys at a meet.

This is what you need




STAX SR-009 Open Back Electrostatic Earspeakers from Japan

And it's barely over $4,000.

How can could you  not?gs1000.gif
That imo..is fn crazy mate lol wow!!!!! I could think of about four or five iems or headphones I could get with that kinda money..so they actually sell many of these?? Lol :-P
post #733 of 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman46 View Post


That imo..is fn crazy mate lol wow!!!!! I could think of about four or five iems or headphones I could get with that kinda money..so they actually sell many of these?? Lol :-P


Yes, and I was joking of course. But in all seriousness, if you get a chance to go to a meet you might find one. I live in the Washington/Baltimore area and I've been to two meets. I find it a blast because a lot of these high end HP's are represented. Pretty fun to listen to stuff you probably would never buy. I would pump $4-5 K into a home stereo, maybe a home theater or wireless speaker system for the house before a one component HP purchase, but different strokes-you know?

 

And, if you get the chance to hear one-it will seriously blow you away. And, it should for the money. And, I kind of get it. If you save your pennies and you're not in a position to listen to speakers as loud as you would want-maybe you have housemates or live in an apartment w/ thin walls-the theory is it will get you much better sound than you could afford with speakers. But still?! And, then you have to invest in amplification.

 

My sense for myself is if I were to get near or above RS1i spending, I might consider the Audeze LCD 2 for about 1K or maybe the Grado GS or PS series.

 

Those stax are pretty amazing though-I really wasn't prepared how good high end phones could sound. I notice on innerfedelity.com Wall of Fame link (he's a headfier)-he lists the Stax SR 009 as the single best headphone in the world

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-full-size-open


Edited by markm1 - 1/26/14 at 7:35am
post #734 of 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

 Jay-I heard these guys at a meet.

 

This is what you need

 

 

STAX SR-009 Open Back Electrostatic Earspeakers from Japan

 

And it's barely over $4,000.

 

How can could you  not?:gs1000smile:

 

hear we go

 

 

and monkeys might fly out of my butt !!,

i'd need to win the freaking lottery !

post #735 of 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

 

hear we go

 

 

and monkeys might fly out of my butt !!,

i'd need to win the freaking lottery !

 The amp costs over 3K if I remember. So what-full retail-close to $9,000 for the rig. How many of us have that investment in an entire home audio system let alone a headphone rig?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado RS1i Impressions thread