Thought I post here but I put them for sale on the FS/FT forum. I am gearing up to sell my Grado RS1i (no button model). They are in mint condition with about 200 hours. They come with the original box. If you are interested, PM me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500s (new Grado's) Last post on 5/21/15 at 9:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Replace HF2 with Somthing Else? Last post on 6/3/11 at 3:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Grados less strident/peaky than RS1s Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 3:01 pm in Headphones (full-size)
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Grado RS1i Impressions thread - Page 123
Gear mentioned in this thread:
''Maybe no one will want them'', you do know that the RS1e are THE less appreciated e serie's model, right?
I don't have to tell you that this plays in your favor. I think that as long as you keep your price close, or ideally a bit below the price of the similar sounding RS2e, you shouldn't have any problem selling you RS1i.
Hopefully, but nobody wants the RS1e, so I'm sure someone is going to buy them.
If you want, you could make believe I bought them.
I appreciate your honesty, because the way Grados are packaged, It would be easy for you to install new earpads, and pass them off as, ''brand new, in the box''.
A few weeks ago, I ordered a pair of new old stock, RS1. These headphones have been out of production for 9 years now. I was very skeptical, but I have no reasons to think that they're not what LPGear said they were.
Edited by stacker45 - 5/13/15 at 6:09pm
I picked up a set of PS500e's today at B&H.
After a short listening session, I'm quite surprised
at the differences between them and my RS1i's.
Hope to write a "real" comparison review
very shortly down the road.
Look forward to reading your findings!
Initial impressions of RS1i vs PS500e - (not likely to change)
PS500e are more dynamic, more exciting, more "here";
Soundstage front to back is slightly deeper
Metallic instruments like cymbals, triangles, bells, seem more "metallic"
This is an especially notable difference to my ears
Bass more solid and focused (tho' they are not "bassier" per se)
RS1i's are more relaxed, highs are a bit softer, soundstage top to bottom a bit larger
Gentler on the eardrums
A great, great sound as we all know.
Choosing between these two?
At the moment, I'm flummoxed.
They're different enough to have both in the stable..
- Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 52 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 1 minute ago
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2