Thought I post here but I put them for sale on the FS/FT forum. I am gearing up to sell my Grado RS1i (no button model). They are in mint condition with about 200 hours. They come with the original box. If you are interested, PM me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500s (new Grado's) Last post on 5/21/15 at 9:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Replace HF2 with Somthing Else? Last post on 6/3/11 at 3:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Grados less strident/peaky than RS1s Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 11:29 am in Headphones (full-size)
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
Grado RS1i Impressions thread - Page 123
Gear mentioned in this thread:
''Maybe no one will want them'', you do know that the RS1e are THE less appreciated e serie's model, right?
I don't have to tell you that this plays in your favor. I think that as long as you keep your price close, or ideally a bit below the price of the similar sounding RS2e, you shouldn't have any problem selling you RS1i.
Hopefully, but nobody wants the RS1e, so I'm sure someone is going to buy them.
If you want, you could make believe I bought them.
I appreciate your honesty, because the way Grados are packaged, It would be easy for you to install new earpads, and pass them off as, ''brand new, in the box''.
A few weeks ago, I ordered a pair of new old stock, RS1. These headphones have been out of production for 9 years now. I was very skeptical, but I have no reasons to think that they're not what LPGear said they were.
Edited by stacker45 - 5/13/15 at 6:09pm
I picked up a set of PS500e's today at B&H.
After a short listening session, I'm quite surprised
at the differences between them and my RS1i's.
Hope to write a "real" comparison review
very shortly down the road.
Look forward to reading your findings!
Initial impressions of RS1i vs PS500e - (not likely to change)
PS500e are more dynamic, more exciting, more "here";
Soundstage front to back is slightly deeper
Metallic instruments like cymbals, triangles, bells, seem more "metallic"
This is an especially notable difference to my ears
Bass more solid and focused (tho' they are not "bassier" per se)
RS1i's are more relaxed, highs are a bit softer, soundstage top to bottom a bit larger
Gentler on the eardrums
A great, great sound as we all know.
Choosing between these two?
At the moment, I'm flummoxed.
They're different enough to have both in the stable..
- Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 7 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 8 minutes ago
- › Room feel 9 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 10 minutes ago
- › Good generic mods for headphones? 11 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2