Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado RS1i Appreciation thread - Page 40

post #586 of 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

 

 

love the ps500 !

i tried the hifiman he-4,i had been wanting to try something outside of the grado family,  the 500 with the g-cushes blew it away, and the 500, with the g-cushes, isn't a "typical" grado, at least of the one's i've heard.

i've just heard so much about the rs1, and 1i, until i try one, i'm always gonna wonder. would i like to hear some of the "real expensive" grado's , yeah, but i think i wouldn't enjoy them as much as

i've enjoyed the ps500, the ms2,

i've talked to one guy who has a rs1  for sale, the price is right, but i'd have to cover shipping from canada, which puts it just above what i want to pay

 

You could have the seller go with Canada Post, which does have rates similar to the USPS.  But, I'm assuming for $50.00, the seller is providing a bit of a faster shipping pace along with insurance calculated into the price.  Does it happen to be the RS1i, or the RS1?

 

I've yet to try the G-cush on my RS1i or the PS-500.  I should, though, but have mainly stuck with the Sennheiser 414 yellow pads with the mod performed.  It's just more comfortable to me.  It also tames the upper frequencies a bit on the PS-500 when compared to the L-Cush pads.

post #587 of 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post
 

 

You could have the seller go with Canada Post, which does have rates similar to the USPS.  But, I'm assuming for $50.00, the seller is providing a bit of a faster shipping pace along with insurance calculated into the price.  Does it happen to be the RS1i, or the RS1?

 

I've yet to try the G-cush on my RS1i or the PS-500.  I should, though, but have mainly stuck with the Sennheiser 414 yellow pads with the mod performed.  It's just more comfortable to me.  It also tames the upper frequencies a bit on the PS-500 when compared to the L-Cush pads.

$50 is what it cost me to send the He-4's to canada by flat rate priority mail, so was just kinda guessing on the $50

the pair i was talking about here was the 1, no i,

but i just made a deal on the 1i, a responder to my wanted ad,

i like the L cushes on the 500, and the G, the main thing i like about the G, is the staging opens up

i actually like the highs on the 500, silky smooth to me, liquid, that was one of the things i didn't like about the he-4, treble not as smooth as the 500

post #588 of 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

i'm hunting a used rs1 , just deciding how bad(as in $$$) i want one ! lol

Jay, you are the man. Crazy and off the hook...I mean that in a totally good way. Jay leant me his gear unsolicited. He'd give the shirt off his back...

 

Get that RS1 and rock out w/ your bad self! Your posts bring a smile to my face.

 

How long did it take you to go from the 80 to the RS1?

 

I wanna hear how freaking awesome it is and I'll be crazy jealous.

 

Shoot, I may have to get one myself. But, I want to try the HE 500 first...I know Grado peops....SACRILEGE!!!


Edited by markm1 - 9/17/13 at 7:52pm
post #589 of 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

Jay, you are the man. Crazy and off the hook...I mean that in a totally good way. Get that RS1 and rock out w/ your bad self! Your posts bring a smile to my face. How long did it take you to go from the 80 to the RS1?

believe it or not, never had the 80, i've never heard it

i went 60i, 225i, ms1i, ms2, then ps500, this may be it for me, grado wise anyway,

now, i should have waited until i sold the ms2, thats what i told the wife, but......

hopefully she won't be too pissed,

the set up i have now, i'm pretty happy with, the uber board came today for the bifrost, i got it put in

i've got some decent tubes for the lyr,

i guess its been about a year and a half maybe, started with a fiio e10, and a pair of audio technica ad300's , spent less than $100 on that

post #590 of 1305

Jay....I can not wait to hear your thoughts on the RS1i

 

Congrats .

post #591 of 1305

Same goes for me!

Guess I can officially post hear now!

post #592 of 1305

I'm new here, but have read a lot of threads before posting. I've been searching for a headphone upgrade for awhile now. I have the Grado SR225 (original not the i's) and a Denon AH2000. Since I prefer the SR225 over the AH2000, I figured Grado would be the way to go for my first really high end set. From everything I've read, I think I'm going to give the RS1i's a try. I had it narrowed down to the PS1000, but scrolling through threads, I think the RS1i would suit me just fine, for now.

post #593 of 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by acguitar84 View Post
 

I'm new here, but have read a lot of threads before posting. I've been searching for a headphone upgrade for awhile now. I have the Grado SR225 (original not the i's) and a Denon AH2000. Since I prefer the SR225 over the AH2000, I figured Grado would be the way to go for my first really high end set. From everything I've read, I think I'm going to give the RS1i's a try. I had it narrowed down to the PS1000, but scrolling through threads, I think the RS1i would suit me just fine, for now.

 

 

Congrats, it is a great headphone....many think it is the best off all Grado's.

post #594 of 1305

my rs1i shipped yesterday !

post #595 of 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

 

 

Congrats, it is a great headphone....many think it is the best off all Grado's.

 

+1

post #596 of 1305

Very good, yes, best, no, at least not for me.

post #597 of 1305

I just bought a pair of TTVJ flat pads for my RS1i, from a fellow head-fier......I have to wait two weeks before he gets back home to ship them....that is fine by me.

 

I can't wait to hear the RS1i with them.

 

I will now have all of the different Grado pads in my arsenal  :-)

 

My RS1i will now be officially loaded!

post #598 of 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

my rs1i shipped yesterday !

 

Didn't you buy the headphones like 4 days ago?  Why such a delay in getting them shipped?  I'm kind of an instant gratification type of guy and the wait would be tough on me.  :p
post #599 of 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

Didn't you buy the headphones like 4 days ago?  Why such a delay in getting them shipped?  I'm kind of an instant gratification type of guy and the wait would be tough on me.  tongue.gif
I'm an instant gratification guy myself, so I bit at the first rs1i that came along on my WTB ad, turned out it was in Asia, which wasn't so bad except the time difference delayed our t crossing and I dotting, UPS says the package should be here Thursday, I am a little nervous I have to admit, and hope my impatience doesn't cost me
post #600 of 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post


I'm an instant gratification guy myself, so I bit at the first rs1i that came along on my WTB ad, turned out it was in Asia, which wasn't so bad except the time difference delayed our t crossing and I dotting, UPS says the package should be here Thursday, I am a little nervous I have to admit, and hope my impatience doesn't cost me

 

Trust me, I think it will be worth the wait.  Plus, you'll only see 2 or possibly 3 RS1i headphones listed in a one-month period around here ... if you're lucky.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread