Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500s (new Grado's) Last post on 4/21/14 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Replace HF2 with Somthing Else? Last post on 6/3/11 at 3:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Grados less strident/peaky than RS1s Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 7:30 am in Headphones (full-size)
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Grado RS1i Appreciation thread - Page 72
Gear mentioned in this thread:
the lcd x is much better in this regard
typically planars need more juice, volume to sound their best, i had the lcd 2's, and they sounded slower, and more muddy at lower volumes
that did improve at higher volumes.
grado's don't have this problem, the clearness, detail, speed is always there, just my two cents
Well, the Grados still scale with good gear, but the cost of entry is certainly lower compared to the Audeze. On top of that, you don't need to blow out your eardrums to start enjoying the RS1.
This is especially noticeable when trying to play to the ultimate strength of the planars - the glorious bass.
I find the grados sound the same at any volume. They even put the warning label on the boxes that they were designed for low level listening!
IMO RS1i sound very tinny and shrill with the G-cushions.Treble becomes too dominant.
You need to open at least 4 venting holes in the driver in order to increase the bass so as to it balances out the shrill sound. Then you have GS1k :)
Thanks. You just saved me £59. I prefer the sound if I hold the drivers ever so slightly away from my ears... Sounds like I need to be patient or to think again...
You can try it and see what you think.....some folks like the sound and some do not.
In my experience, It lost some bass and added some soundstage.....also need to up the volume on my amp a small amount.
One in a great while I will toss them on, just for a change of pace, but it really never last for too long.
Edited by whirlwind - 4/19/14 at 3:55am
I'm not a big jazz fan but love this. Off Hugh Masekela's Hope CD. The entire CD is stunning. Fabulous on the RS1i!
I much prefer the CD rip but this gives you an idea. Very well recorded, great air and instrumentation.
- Grado RS1i Appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trafomatic Audio - TakeT H2+ amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4! Sydney, Australia Meet! 4 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 4 minutes ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Sony XBA H3 Review and... 4 minutes ago
- › Gear advice, vinyl upgrade 4 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude