Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500s (new Grado's) Last post on Today at 2:40 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Replace HF2 with Somthing Else? Last post on 6/3/11 at 3:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Grados less strident/peaky than RS1s Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 3:15 pm in Headphones (full-size)
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Grado RS1i Appreciation thread - Page 72
Gear mentioned in this thread:
the lcd x is much better in this regard
typically planars need more juice, volume to sound their best, i had the lcd 2's, and they sounded slower, and more muddy at lower volumes
that did improve at higher volumes.
grado's don't have this problem, the clearness, detail, speed is always there, just my two cents
Well, the Grados still scale with good gear, but the cost of entry is certainly lower compared to the Audeze. On top of that, you don't need to blow out your eardrums to start enjoying the RS1.
This is especially noticeable when trying to play to the ultimate strength of the planars - the glorious bass.
I find the grados sound the same at any volume. They even put the warning label on the boxes that they were designed for low level listening!
IMO RS1i sound very tinny and shrill with the G-cushions.Treble becomes too dominant.
You need to open at least 4 venting holes in the driver in order to increase the bass so as to it balances out the shrill sound. Then you have GS1k :)
Thanks. You just saved me £59. I prefer the sound if I hold the drivers ever so slightly away from my ears... Sounds like I need to be patient or to think again...
You can try it and see what you think.....some folks like the sound and some do not.
In my experience, It lost some bass and added some soundstage.....also need to up the volume on my amp a small amount.
One in a great while I will toss them on, just for a change of pace, but it really never last for too long.
Edited by whirlwind - Today at 3:55 am
I'm not a big jazz fan but love this. Off Hugh Masekela's Hope CD. The entire CD is stunning. Fabulous on the RS1i!
I much prefer the CD rip but this gives you an idea. Very well recorded, great air and instrumentation.
- Grado RS1i Appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo 3 seconds ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 13 seconds ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 3 minutes ago
- › Charlotte, NC meet April 19, 2014 <> meet impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob