- 791 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anybody here heard a tube amp and not liked the sound? Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Choosing a first amp. Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What is wrong with my tube amp? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio Tube Amp V3 - has anyone seen it? Last post on 3/27/11 at 7:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package Last post on 1/26/15 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Grado SR80i Intro Thingy: I was wondering if I should even review the SR80i because Grado's e series cans came out not too long ago and I was thinking noone would heed my review 'cause the...
After being impressed with the value of the MEElectronics M6 Pro, I wanted to take a look at a bassier IEM from the same company. The M-Duo is a dual dynamic driver earphone with a separate...
Equipment Spotify Premium Firestone Audio Fubar 2 DAC Firestone Audio Cute Battery 2 amp Build and comfort I upgraded to these from Audio-Technica ATH-M50s. I very much like the sound...
- Headphone Impedance
Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps - Page 168
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The goal is to neutral and natural to original source as possible.
Measurement of transparency and subjectivity (sound impression) of transparency are very two different things. It's like the XO I'm drinking now to the scotch that I would be skulling down later.
That certainly can apply if the original recording is well engineered and produced. However, I have several classical recordings that sound awful through 'neutral' headphones with decent equipment, and have been independently reviewed as being poorly produced. For instance, remastered violins can sound bright and grating with DT880's but fantastic with HD650's.
On the other hand, some classical vocals can sound over warm and poorly projected, lacking depth, with HD650's yet are just perfect with DT880's. I am only saying these as examples where the recording is badly managed. They are both excellent headphones.
Balance can also be a problem. I have just bought a recently produced and well received recording for voice and piano where both are far to the right of the sound-stage on all my, and my friend's, equipment. Probably the recording engineer had a blocked right ear that day!
Edited by HOWIE13 - 2/22/14 at 5:11am
Another budget tube ap for you guys to take a look at, XDuoo TA-02 (MSRP $112) stock tubes are terrible, but i put some mullards in and it sounds great. Also looks sweet :) will test against my Ocean when the new one arrives.
Well actually, I just figured he was pulling my leg, so I added some humor
- Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 29 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-4 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 Denver CO summer meet 6/27 2 minutes ago
- › Best purchase(s) for better audio quality? 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 5 minutes ago
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2