- 616 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anybody here heard a tube amp and not liked the sound? Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Choosing a first amp. Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What is wrong with my tube amp? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio Tube Amp V3 - has anyone seen it? Last post on 3/27/11 at 7:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package Last post on 3/29/14 at 9:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
- Headphone Impedance
Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps - Page 168
The goal is to neutral and natural to original source as possible.
Measurement of transparency and subjectivity (sound impression) of transparency are very two different things. It's like the XO I'm drinking now to the scotch that I would be skulling down later.
That certainly can apply if the original recording is well engineered and produced. However, I have several classical recordings that sound awful through 'neutral' headphones with decent equipment, and have been independently reviewed as being poorly produced. For instance, remastered violins can sound bright and grating with DT880's but fantastic with HD650's.
On the other hand, some classical vocals can sound over warm and poorly projected, lacking depth, with HD650's yet are just perfect with DT880's. I am only saying these as examples where the recording is badly managed. They are both excellent headphones.
Balance can also be a problem. I have just bought a recently produced and well received recording for voice and piano where both are far to the right of the sound-stage on all my, and my friend's, equipment. Probably the recording engineer had a blocked right ear that day!
Edited by HOWIE13 - 2/22/14 at 5:11am
Another budget tube ap for you guys to take a look at, XDuoo TA-02 (MSRP $112) stock tubes are terrible, but i put some mullards in and it sounds great. Also looks sweet :) will test against my Ocean when the new one arrives.
Well actually, I just figured he was pulling my leg, so I added some humor
- Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 6 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 12 seconds ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 44 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-25) 56 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW]: SoundMAGIC HP100 - The Natural All-Rounder Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob