Very satisfied with my Bravo Audio Ocean, anyway to mod it to get away the pop when i turn it on/off`? Right now I just unplug my headphone before starting/turning off.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anybody here heard a tube amp and not liked the sound? Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Choosing a first amp. Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What is wrong with my tube amp? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio Tube Amp V3 - has anyone seen it? Last post on 3/27/11 at 7:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package Last post on 5/28/14 at 6:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
- Headphone Impedance
Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps - Page 121
Mod the switch for soft start.
I've read about time delay circuits (like used in HT receivers, y'know how you turn them on, and after 2 seconds you hear a click and then the speakers go live?) and fade-in/fade-out that eases the power draw as you switch the power on/off. I don't know if those are built-in to potentiometers (I bet it is in some) or a separate circuit onto the PCB board, but you'll probably figure it out if you look for them.
When I'm tube rolling do I have to have music playing to warm up a Tube or can I just switch the Amp on and leave it on for like 15 minutes?
You can leave it on, though in my case it seems to warm up faster (the background buzz goes away faster anyway) when music is playing. I always turn my amp off before replacing a tube, turn it on and let it warm up (maybe eat a snack), then bias the tube. Correct biasing makes a huge difference compared to tuning it by ear.
The essential point of tube warmup is so the tube adjusts to it's nominal bias level before playing. If you haven't noticed if you turn on a tube amp and expect music to be instantly coming out, there isn't any music coming out till a few 10-15 seconds later, usually channel by channel slowly. It's like starting up your car in a cold morning and driving off instantly, instead of a good few minutes of combustion burn-in. The same goes if you wake up early for work and you don't drink coffee, you need that catalyst to get you started for the day.
15 minutes is a little too long, a minute or two for start up phase before playing music is about the right time.
Edited by DefQon - 2/10/13 at 4:19pm
Both should be about equal to amount of mods available but to be honest it's hard to say, dropping in a better tube is a bigger enhancement than anything else. Quality wise the Ocean is by far better, sound/performance ratio wise after mods the Bravo v2, but it's a hard one to decide.
- Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 21 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Replacement Pads for Audio Technica ATH-M50S Questions 57 seconds ago
- › Wanted to buy - LCD 3 or HD 800 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Closest alternative to Sony MDR-v900? 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)