Very satisfied with my Bravo Audio Ocean, anyway to mod it to get away the pop when i turn it on/off`? Right now I just unplug my headphone before starting/turning off.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anybody here heard a tube amp and not liked the sound? Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Choosing a first amp. Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What is wrong with my tube amp? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio Tube Amp V3 - has anyone seen it? Last post on 3/27/11 at 7:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package Last post on Today at 3:10 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
- Headphone Impedance
Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps - Page 121
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Mod the switch for soft start.
I've read about time delay circuits (like used in HT receivers, y'know how you turn them on, and after 2 seconds you hear a click and then the speakers go live?) and fade-in/fade-out that eases the power draw as you switch the power on/off. I don't know if those are built-in to potentiometers (I bet it is in some) or a separate circuit onto the PCB board, but you'll probably figure it out if you look for them.
When I'm tube rolling do I have to have music playing to warm up a Tube or can I just switch the Amp on and leave it on for like 15 minutes?
You can leave it on, though in my case it seems to warm up faster (the background buzz goes away faster anyway) when music is playing. I always turn my amp off before replacing a tube, turn it on and let it warm up (maybe eat a snack), then bias the tube. Correct biasing makes a huge difference compared to tuning it by ear.
The essential point of tube warmup is so the tube adjusts to it's nominal bias level before playing. If you haven't noticed if you turn on a tube amp and expect music to be instantly coming out, there isn't any music coming out till a few 10-15 seconds later, usually channel by channel slowly. It's like starting up your car in a cold morning and driving off instantly, instead of a good few minutes of combustion burn-in. The same goes if you wake up early for work and you don't drink coffee, you need that catalyst to get you started for the day.
15 minutes is a little too long, a minute or two for start up phase before playing music is about the right time.
Edited by DefQon - 2/10/13 at 4:19pm
Both should be about equal to amount of mods available but to be honest it's hard to say, dropping in a better tube is a bigger enhancement than anything else. Quality wise the Ocean is by far better, sound/performance ratio wise after mods the Bravo v2, but it's a hard one to decide.
- Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 37 seconds ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Discussion for next Florida meet 2015 1 minute ago
- › Which under-$100 USB DAC, from these choices? 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 9 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 11 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3