Very satisfied with my Bravo Audio Ocean, anyway to mod it to get away the pop when i turn it on/off`? Right now I just unplug my headphone before starting/turning off.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anybody here heard a tube amp and not liked the sound? Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Choosing a first amp. Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What is wrong with my tube amp? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio Tube Amp V3 - has anyone seen it? Last post on 3/27/11 at 7:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package Last post on 1/26/15 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
- Headphone Impedance
Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps - Page 121
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Mod the switch for soft start.
I've read about time delay circuits (like used in HT receivers, y'know how you turn them on, and after 2 seconds you hear a click and then the speakers go live?) and fade-in/fade-out that eases the power draw as you switch the power on/off. I don't know if those are built-in to potentiometers (I bet it is in some) or a separate circuit onto the PCB board, but you'll probably figure it out if you look for them.
When I'm tube rolling do I have to have music playing to warm up a Tube or can I just switch the Amp on and leave it on for like 15 minutes?
You can leave it on, though in my case it seems to warm up faster (the background buzz goes away faster anyway) when music is playing. I always turn my amp off before replacing a tube, turn it on and let it warm up (maybe eat a snack), then bias the tube. Correct biasing makes a huge difference compared to tuning it by ear.
The essential point of tube warmup is so the tube adjusts to it's nominal bias level before playing. If you haven't noticed if you turn on a tube amp and expect music to be instantly coming out, there isn't any music coming out till a few 10-15 seconds later, usually channel by channel slowly. It's like starting up your car in a cold morning and driving off instantly, instead of a good few minutes of combustion burn-in. The same goes if you wake up early for work and you don't drink coffee, you need that catalyst to get you started for the day.
15 minutes is a little too long, a minute or two for start up phase before playing music is about the right time.
Edited by DefQon - 2/10/13 at 4:19pm
Both should be about equal to amount of mods available but to be honest it's hard to say, dropping in a better tube is a bigger enhancement than anything else. Quality wise the Ocean is by far better, sound/performance ratio wise after mods the Bravo v2, but it's a hard one to decide.
- Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 12 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Phonak Audeo pfe 110 alternative ~200$ 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Another take on computer speakers (2.0, 4" - 5", 160 USD) 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2