Very satisfied with my Bravo Audio Ocean, anyway to mod it to get away the pop when i turn it on/off`? Right now I just unplug my headphone before starting/turning off.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anybody here heard a tube amp and not liked the sound? Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Choosing a first amp. Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What is wrong with my tube amp? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio Tube Amp V3 - has anyone seen it? Last post on 3/27/11 at 7:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package Last post on 5/28/14 at 6:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
- Headphone Impedance
Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps - Page 121
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Mod the switch for soft start.
I've read about time delay circuits (like used in HT receivers, y'know how you turn them on, and after 2 seconds you hear a click and then the speakers go live?) and fade-in/fade-out that eases the power draw as you switch the power on/off. I don't know if those are built-in to potentiometers (I bet it is in some) or a separate circuit onto the PCB board, but you'll probably figure it out if you look for them.
When I'm tube rolling do I have to have music playing to warm up a Tube or can I just switch the Amp on and leave it on for like 15 minutes?
You can leave it on, though in my case it seems to warm up faster (the background buzz goes away faster anyway) when music is playing. I always turn my amp off before replacing a tube, turn it on and let it warm up (maybe eat a snack), then bias the tube. Correct biasing makes a huge difference compared to tuning it by ear.
The essential point of tube warmup is so the tube adjusts to it's nominal bias level before playing. If you haven't noticed if you turn on a tube amp and expect music to be instantly coming out, there isn't any music coming out till a few 10-15 seconds later, usually channel by channel slowly. It's like starting up your car in a cold morning and driving off instantly, instead of a good few minutes of combustion burn-in. The same goes if you wake up early for work and you don't drink coffee, you need that catalyst to get you started for the day.
15 minutes is a little too long, a minute or two for start up phase before playing music is about the right time.
Edited by DefQon - 2/10/13 at 4:19pm
Both should be about equal to amount of mods available but to be honest it's hard to say, dropping in a better tube is a bigger enhancement than anything else. Quality wise the Ocean is by far better, sound/performance ratio wise after mods the Bravo v2, but it's a hard one to decide.
- Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Hey Hi everyone would like to ask for recommendation for pop songs 36 seconds ago
- › Headphones recommendation for $220 or less 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Returned Shure se215, NEED HELP FINDING IEM! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › San Jose, CA - Super Mini Meet? 6 minutes ago
- › Is there any neutral closed cans with good punchy bass? 7 minutes ago
- › Spinfit tips 8 minutes ago
- › Should I Get Custom In Ear monitors under 350 or Remold Good IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)