Very satisfied with my Bravo Audio Ocean, anyway to mod it to get away the pop when i turn it on/off`? Right now I just unplug my headphone before starting/turning off.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anybody here heard a tube amp and not liked the sound? Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Choosing a first amp. Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What is wrong with my tube amp? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio Tube Amp V3 - has anyone seen it? Last post on 3/27/11 at 7:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package Last post on 1/26/15 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
- Headphone Impedance
Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps - Page 121
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Mod the switch for soft start.
I've read about time delay circuits (like used in HT receivers, y'know how you turn them on, and after 2 seconds you hear a click and then the speakers go live?) and fade-in/fade-out that eases the power draw as you switch the power on/off. I don't know if those are built-in to potentiometers (I bet it is in some) or a separate circuit onto the PCB board, but you'll probably figure it out if you look for them.
When I'm tube rolling do I have to have music playing to warm up a Tube or can I just switch the Amp on and leave it on for like 15 minutes?
You can leave it on, though in my case it seems to warm up faster (the background buzz goes away faster anyway) when music is playing. I always turn my amp off before replacing a tube, turn it on and let it warm up (maybe eat a snack), then bias the tube. Correct biasing makes a huge difference compared to tuning it by ear.
The essential point of tube warmup is so the tube adjusts to it's nominal bias level before playing. If you haven't noticed if you turn on a tube amp and expect music to be instantly coming out, there isn't any music coming out till a few 10-15 seconds later, usually channel by channel slowly. It's like starting up your car in a cold morning and driving off instantly, instead of a good few minutes of combustion burn-in. The same goes if you wake up early for work and you don't drink coffee, you need that catalyst to get you started for the day.
15 minutes is a little too long, a minute or two for start up phase before playing music is about the right time.
Edited by DefQon - 2/10/13 at 4:19pm
Both should be about equal to amount of mods available but to be honest it's hard to say, dropping in a better tube is a bigger enhancement than anything else. Quality wise the Ocean is by far better, sound/performance ratio wise after mods the Bravo v2, but it's a hard one to decide.
- Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Bluedio HT H-Turbine 57mm Driver BT Headphones review 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 5 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3