Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps - Page 119

post #1771 of 2567

Thanks. Just rounding up some ideas of how big of an enclosure I want for my Bravo amp.

post #1772 of 2567
Yeah mine's a pretty neat size. How big is the circuit board for the Bravo/indeed/MUSE hybrids?
post #1773 of 2567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

Yeah mine's a pretty neat size. How big is the circuit board for the Bravo/indeed/MUSE hybrids?

Little over 2 inches by 2 inches (L x W)

post #1774 of 2567

Got hyped up after seeing a picture of the Bravo V1 with a DIY Headphone Stand.

 

After reading about 50 pages of this thread I decided to order a Bravo V2 off eBay from the Bravo authorized re-seller.

 

Bid on it for $57 shipped!

Should be here mid-February :D

 

 

What tubes are recommend (on the cheap) for the following:

Shure SRH840

Klipsch X10

Monster Beats Tour

 

 

And I listen to these infrequently:

Grado SR225

 

 

I wanna spend pennies if possible!!!

Regards,

-Rick.

post #1775 of 2567
Amperex Bugle boy 6dj8, Sylvania JAN 6DJ8, and Russian 6N23-EV tubes. RCA clear top 6DJ8s are also pretty good.
Expect to pay $15-25 for tubes that aren't in bad condition. I won a tube for a $0.01 bid, but the shipping was $11, it took a month to arrive, and unfortunately it's incompatible with my amp. IMO, you really want to be careful you buy a tube that tests very strong.
post #1776 of 2567
Wow just got myself my bravo. Not the same version as most you here, got the Bravo Audio Ocean. First impression is really good, and so extremely powerfull. At 7-8 oclock its almost to loud with my 250ohm dt880. Now I just need to see if I can find a tube that boosts the mid abit and the lows maybe. ill post some pictures later if someone is interested. Its small and cute tbh. Funny it got so much power.
post #1777 of 2567

Leonarfd, please post pictures!

post #1778 of 2567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

Amperex Bugle boy 6dj8, Sylvania JAN 6DJ8, and Russian 6N23-EV tubes. RCA clear top 6DJ8s are also pretty good.
Expect to pay $15-25 for tubes that aren't in bad condition. I won a tube for a $0.01 bid, but the shipping was $11, it took a month to arrive, and unfortunately it's incompatible with my amp. IMO, you really want to be careful you buy a tube that tests very strong.

Bravo v2 don't take 6v tubes, only takes 12au7 or equivalent 12v dual triode valves that have almost the mu rating.

post #1779 of 2567
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Bravo v2 don't take 6v tubes, only takes 12au7 or equivalent 12v dual triode valves that have almost the mu rating.

 

Got any suggestions for my gear?

post #1780 of 2567

We should really report this Shill Bidder on eBay k****y.

 

Likely works for the same company and as soon as a few people place bids I bet they just place a max bid of like $35 and leave it alone.

 

 

Does anyone know how to report sellers on eBay?

post #1781 of 2567
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingazn View Post

Got hyped up after seeing a picture of the Bravo V1 with a DIY Headphone Stand.

 

After reading about 50 pages of this thread I decided to order a Bravo V2 off eBay from the Bravo authorized re-seller.

 

Bid on it for $57 shipped!

Should be here mid-February :D

 

 

What tubes are recommend (on the cheap) for the following:

Shure SRH840

Klipsch X10

Monster Beats Tour

 

 

And I listen to these infrequently:

Grado SR225

 

 

I wanna spend pennies if possible!!!

Regards,

-Rick.

 

You're gonna need a few tubes to complement the sound sig of those headphones/iem.

 

SRH840 I can only recommend some decent Sylvania's, any 12AU7 will do as your a beginner to tube rolling so spending lots $$$ is not worth it. Any Sylvania's will bring out the treble to be more intimate and euphonic sounding with the SRH840, brings the sound out more bit more forward.

 

X10 - You will need an impedence adapter as the Bravo will be too sensitive on the volume control. Get some Amperex or RCA to tone down the bright sig of the X10's. RCA's are more laid back but with plenty of bass but can sound bit too slow. Amperex and Mullards to my ears sound like a RCA but more balanced. Watch out for mis-labeled Mullards, most of the acclaimed NOS on fleabay are late 1980-1990's re-issues.

post #1782 of 2567

Generally I prefer long black plate Sylvies, but for cheap:

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-x-12au7A-ecc82-Sylvania-Baldwin-Tubes-Copper-Grid-40-Available-/370730978808?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item565149cdf8&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1156

 

I have 4 pairs of these, pretty good sounding for its value:

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SYLVANIA-12AU7-MATCH-PAIR-ECC82-LONG-PLATE-COPR-GRID-POST-TEST-NOS-/330864595900?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item4d091113bc&_uhb=1#ht_750wt_1037

 

Have 1 of these that Doc sent me when I purchased my Bottlehead Crack kit while ago, I like them quite a bit with the Alessandro MS1's I had:

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-Vintage-Sylvania-12AU7-A-Tubes-Test-NOS-1964-/251214832901?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3a7d922505&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1054

 

If you're willing to bid:

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-Sylvania-6680-12AU7-Audio-Electronic-Vintage-Vacuum-Tube-/170981022986?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item27cf435d0a&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1288

 

 

And with the Amperex:

 

BugleBoys are good but the prices for them are inflated on the bay due to demand, but if you want still one of the best from Amperex range, these are close sounding to my NOS "Flashers"

 

Bit pricey but you shouldn't need an RCA to tone down on the bright sig'd headphones if you get this:

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Amperex-Holland-12AU7-ECC82-Stereo-Tube-vVNCJCXNVNUNS9V9H98JV8JV8JV8097-/181064636650?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2a284b18ea&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1054

post #1783 of 2567

DefQon, you're the best man!

 

This really gives me a lot to go on and should really add to my experience!

 

 

Thanks dude,

-Rick.

post #1784 of 2567

It costed me 79$ trough bid and I got it tax free. But in this price group it has big competition to many solid state amps. Ok here is some pictures of the Bravo Audio Ocean taken before bedtime, with blitz and mobile camera.

700

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700


Edited by Leonarfd - 2/2/13 at 4:46am
post #1785 of 2567
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingazn View Post

DefQon, you're the best man!

 

This really gives me a lot to go on and should really add to my experience!

 

 

Thanks dude,

-Rick.

No problems. You can tube roll on the Bravo all you want (maybe when your confident enough with some modding, they can be performed to), be it ECC82 (Europe branding for the 12AU7 {USA}) there are lot's of varieties to try from. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonarfd View Post

It costed me 79$ and I got it tax free. But in this price group it has big competition to many solid state amps. Ok here is some pictures of the Bravo Audio Ocean taken before bedtime, with blitz and mobile camera.

700

 

 

Nice stuff, now start tube rolling that biatch :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps