Yes, you are asking too much. No amps under 100$ match your needs. Otherwise there people won't be busy tinkering this little wonder .
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anybody here heard a tube amp and not liked the sound? Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Choosing a first amp. Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What is wrong with my tube amp? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio Tube Amp V3 - has anyone seen it? Last post on 3/27/11 at 7:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package Last post on 8/21/15 at 12:23am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
- Headphone Impedance
Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps - Page 108
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
All of the Bravo/Indeed/Muse amplifiers get hot, but the heatsinks and open design radiate the heat effectively for the most part. So "too hot" is one of those "Goldilocks" phrases; what does it really mean in context? They are all small. Under $100 with no DIY mods, the Indeed G2 seems to be the consensus pick among the variants of this basic design, but something new has emerged from the huge DIY modification culture: a new amplifier (available as parts, a full kit or assembled) which incorporates most of the proven mods for the Bravo/Indeed into the design from the start. Here is the Rock Grotto thread on the Project Sunrise amp:
Edited by attenuated 3db - 6/9/11 at 4:12pm
Thanks folks for advices !
Trully, mine became "hot" when I changed the Mosfet, maybe it changed from ambient temp. +5°C to +25°C approx. ; even if I changed heatsinks from ~16°C/W to ~8°C/W...
But I see here I should "relativize" what's warm and what's hot ;-)
I dunno for all of you, but in the same time, I'm starting this same kind of project from scratch :
on a brand new and clear PCB (70% larger) found on :
Maybe a time for "benchmark" will come soon after.
I just got my Indeed Mk.2 (meant to order a "G2" but was not alert when I clicked the eBay "Buy Now" button) today, and am generally impressed. It has been awhile since I had to let my Maverick A1 with its factory-matched pair of Raytheon 6AK5s go, effectively going without a head amp for a couple of months, so I can't do any direct comparison, but the Indeed seems to lack the dynamics (especially at the ends of the frequency spectrum) of the Maverick, but that's the difference between a $60 and $240 amp, especially in terms of power supply-imposed limitations. One thing that I am struck with is that the Indeed Mk.2 runs a lot cooler than I anticipated. I don't want to leave my finger on a MOSFET heatsink any longer than I have to, but the plexiglass top is cool to the touch. I was preparing for a potential fire hazard given some of the heat stories I've read, but not so. Nice product, well-packed that arrived very quickly (11 days from China to US). I'd still advise others to get a Indeed G2 if they're in the market for an Indeed amp.
I just bought many of the parts for the mods to this amp from mouser and now have a few more questions (sorry, kind of a noob here).
First, how do I measure the bias on the trim pots so that I can adjust it accordingly?
Second, how do I cut the traces for the crosstalk improvement mod? Do I just use an X-acto knife, and then solder onto the already existing joint? Also, will any wire work for it?
Edited by duheee - 6/12/11 at 2:13pm
There are quite a few variants of the Bravo/Indeed/Muse amps. If you just want direction on adjusting bias, this link on rock grotto is a good guide. There is much more DIY info on that website, including links to downloadable PDF files that take you through all of the mods with pictures and diagrams.
Just received my G2 with the IR510 mofset today. I am really shocked at the sound quality this little guy puts out.
I am using the stock tube, playing from a cowon x7, and powering a pair of Grado 325i.
I can't wait to roll some tubes in here. Either tonight or tomorrow i'll do a comparison with the G2 vs the Grado RA-1.
Hello everyone ,
First, please excuse me for my modest mastery in English, I am French. This is my first post here but I read this forum since very long time.
Here the object of my post: I bought an amplifier Muse MK2 on Ebay. It worked perfectly for a few days and suddenly the red and blue led have ceased to function.
Since I have a big breath and crackling noise in my headphones and lamp replacement did not solvemy problem.
Would you which may have caused this failure and how to solve? Thank you.
Changing your tube won't generally solve anything, unless you were using a dead tube or not designed for ...
Did you check that the bias did not change ?
Maybe the problem comes from a single resistor, it may have burn or it's unsoldered.
Could you send macro photos of your amp, around the red led, top/bottom ?
Edited by nanaud - 6/29/11 at 7:42am
- Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 32 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › newbie needing information! 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 6 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 6 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse