Yes, you are asking too much. No amps under 100$ match your needs. Otherwise there people won't be busy tinkering this little wonder .
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anybody here heard a tube amp and not liked the sound? Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Choosing a first amp. Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What is wrong with my tube amp? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio Tube Amp V3 - has anyone seen it? Last post on 3/27/11 at 7:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package Last post on 5/28/14 at 6:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
- Headphone Impedance
Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps - Page 108
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
All of the Bravo/Indeed/Muse amplifiers get hot, but the heatsinks and open design radiate the heat effectively for the most part. So "too hot" is one of those "Goldilocks" phrases; what does it really mean in context? They are all small. Under $100 with no DIY mods, the Indeed G2 seems to be the consensus pick among the variants of this basic design, but something new has emerged from the huge DIY modification culture: a new amplifier (available as parts, a full kit or assembled) which incorporates most of the proven mods for the Bravo/Indeed into the design from the start. Here is the Rock Grotto thread on the Project Sunrise amp:
Edited by attenuated 3db - 6/9/11 at 4:12pm
Thanks folks for advices !
Trully, mine became "hot" when I changed the Mosfet, maybe it changed from ambient temp. +5°C to +25°C approx. ; even if I changed heatsinks from ~16°C/W to ~8°C/W...
But I see here I should "relativize" what's warm and what's hot ;-)
I dunno for all of you, but in the same time, I'm starting this same kind of project from scratch :
on a brand new and clear PCB (70% larger) found on :
Maybe a time for "benchmark" will come soon after.
I just got my Indeed Mk.2 (meant to order a "G2" but was not alert when I clicked the eBay "Buy Now" button) today, and am generally impressed. It has been awhile since I had to let my Maverick A1 with its factory-matched pair of Raytheon 6AK5s go, effectively going without a head amp for a couple of months, so I can't do any direct comparison, but the Indeed seems to lack the dynamics (especially at the ends of the frequency spectrum) of the Maverick, but that's the difference between a $60 and $240 amp, especially in terms of power supply-imposed limitations. One thing that I am struck with is that the Indeed Mk.2 runs a lot cooler than I anticipated. I don't want to leave my finger on a MOSFET heatsink any longer than I have to, but the plexiglass top is cool to the touch. I was preparing for a potential fire hazard given some of the heat stories I've read, but not so. Nice product, well-packed that arrived very quickly (11 days from China to US). I'd still advise others to get a Indeed G2 if they're in the market for an Indeed amp.
I just bought many of the parts for the mods to this amp from mouser and now have a few more questions (sorry, kind of a noob here).
First, how do I measure the bias on the trim pots so that I can adjust it accordingly?
Second, how do I cut the traces for the crosstalk improvement mod? Do I just use an X-acto knife, and then solder onto the already existing joint? Also, will any wire work for it?
Edited by duheee - 6/12/11 at 2:13pm
There are quite a few variants of the Bravo/Indeed/Muse amps. If you just want direction on adjusting bias, this link on rock grotto is a good guide. There is much more DIY info on that website, including links to downloadable PDF files that take you through all of the mods with pictures and diagrams.
Just received my G2 with the IR510 mofset today. I am really shocked at the sound quality this little guy puts out.
I am using the stock tube, playing from a cowon x7, and powering a pair of Grado 325i.
I can't wait to roll some tubes in here. Either tonight or tomorrow i'll do a comparison with the G2 vs the Grado RA-1.
Hello everyone ,
First, please excuse me for my modest mastery in English, I am French. This is my first post here but I read this forum since very long time.
Here the object of my post: I bought an amplifier Muse MK2 on Ebay. It worked perfectly for a few days and suddenly the red and blue led have ceased to function.
Since I have a big breath and crackling noise in my headphones and lamp replacement did not solvemy problem.
Would you which may have caused this failure and how to solve? Thank you.
Changing your tube won't generally solve anything, unless you were using a dead tube or not designed for ...
Did you check that the bias did not change ?
Maybe the problem comes from a single resistor, it may have burn or it's unsoldered.
Could you send macro photos of your amp, around the red led, top/bottom ?
Edited by nanaud - 6/29/11 at 7:42am
- Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 31 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 38 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 44 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Buyer's remorse ... Did I just waste my money? Note4/SE-535's/FiiO... 4 minutes ago
- › Best cones / spikes for tube amp? 5 minutes ago
- › Please help a noob, ..Cords for schiit 6 minutes ago
- › Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 7 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)