Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? - Page 22

post #316 of 442

I have a question. How does RS180 compare to HD598 sound quality wise? Some say its more refined, some say it produce buzz and static. I've listened to HD-598 and I liked them but want something similar in wireless.

post #317 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignty68 View Post

I have a question. How does RS180 compare to HD598 sound quality wise? Some say its more refined, some say it produce buzz and static. I've listened to HD-598 and I liked them but want something similar in wireless.

 



Although I don't own a pair of HD598, I have both HD 558 and HDR 180 (the headphone of the RS 180).

 

I like the sound of my HD558s better than HDR 180. Both have good bass. But the mids and especially the highs of HD 558 sound a bit more natural to me than the HDR 180s. Don't get me wrong, HDR 180s don't over emphasize the highs but it's a tad bit higher than 558s.

 

If 598s sound better than 558s (that seems to be the general opinion at least) than definitely 598s will sound better than RS 180s.

 

Hope that helps.

post #318 of 442

Well, another hobby another part time job.

My dilemma:

We have an outdoor movie projection screen (9'x22') for obviously watching movies. The downside is the audio, too loud and the neighbors not onboard excessively complain. We have gone the wirelees route and ordered one rs180 set along with 3 hdr supplementary headphones. This will be great for 4 people but what happens when we have ten or twelve people showing up, which occasionally we do.

 Can I run three rs180 transmitters each paired with 3 hdr for a total of 9 hdr headsets?

Maybe one rs160 transmitter(with 3 hdr),one rs170 transmitter(with 3 hdr) and one rs180 transmitter(with 3 hdr)?

I'm even open to entertaining the idea of going wired.Just not sure how to go about it.

Is this viable(wireless or wired) or are there any other solutions?

 

Thanks


Edited by tonyvegas - 8/28/12 at 3:43pm
post #319 of 442

Hi tonyvegas,

 

You can pair up to 4 pairs of receivers to each transmitter. Therefore, all of your proposed set-ups are viable.  The Kleer audio transmission provides 16 channels for RS 160, and 15 channels for RS 170 and RS 180. So you can have a maximum of 16 HDRs paired to 4 RS 160 transmitters or 15 HDRs paired to 4 RS 170/180 transmitters. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyvegas View Post

Well, another hobby another part time job.

My dilemma:

We have an outdoor movie projection screen (9'x22') for obviously watching movies. The downside is the audio, too loud and the neighbors not onboard excessively complain. We have gone the wirelees route and ordered one rs180 set along with 3 hdr supplementary headphones. This will be great for 4 people but what happens when we have ten or twelve people showing up, which occasionally we do.

 Can I run three rs180 transmitters each paired with 3 hdr for a total of 9 hdr headsets?

Maybe one rs160 transmitter(with 3 hdr),one rs170 transmitter(with 3 hdr) and one rs180 transmitter(with 3 hdr)?

I'm even open to entertaining the idea of going wired.Just not sure how to go about it.

Is this viable(wireless or wired) or are there any other solutions?

 

Thanks

post #320 of 442

Mr. Mahmood,

 

 This is the information we were looking for.

Thank you very much.

post #321 of 442

No worries, mate. Good luck with your movie screening! wink_face.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyvegas View Post

Mr. Mahmood,

 

 This is the information we were looking for.

Thank you very much.

post #322 of 442

I own RS 160 since they came out - wireless, lossless, small transmitter - all I needed.   Perfect. Only thing im using different headphones from time to time and always when i comeback to rs160 - im lacking bass, not loudness they are very loud and can go louder then i can handle but bass on them is not deep enough! so i want to purchase HDR 170 or HDR 180 . Which one of those will be better when listening to trance and DnB ? Or maybe i wont notice any difference between them and i should not waste my time and money? Again im not after SQ upgrade or loudness just more BASS ! 

post #323 of 442

I know you are expecting a reply from someone who have used both HDR 170 and HDR 180, but while you are waiting for a reply, here is some info from my own experience that might help.

 

I have HDR 160 and HDR 180 and here is an account of my experience.

 

HDR 160, although being decent cans with clear sound, not only have a lack of punch in the lows, but also makes the treble sounds veiled. It's not in the clarity that it lacks as much as in the fullness.

 

On the other hand, HDR 180 are next best thing to audiophile headphones with enough bass to satisfy a bass-head. The highs are fuller too, and they being open cans, are very comfortable to use; I can put them on and use them for 4 to 5 hours without any feeling of discomfort. HDR 160s would make my ears sweat for the same amount of usage.

 

Imo, HDR 180s are a big step forward from HDR 160s and they are worth every penny.

post #324 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMak2012 View Post

I know you are expecting a reply from someone who have used both HDR 170 and HDR 180, but while you are waiting for a reply, here is some info from my own experience that might help.

 

I have HDR 160 and HDR 180 and here is an account of my experience.

 

HDR 160, although being decent cans with clear sound, not only have a lack of punch in the lows, but also makes the treble sounds veiled. It's not in the clarity that it lacks as much as in the fullness.

 

On the other hand, HDR 180 are next best thing to audiophile headphones with enough bass to satisfy a bass-head. The highs are fuller too, and they being open cans, are very comfortable to use; I can put them on and use them for 4 to 5 hours without any feeling of discomfort. HDR 160s would make my ears sweat for the same amount of usage.

 

Imo, HDR 180s are a big step forward from HDR 160s and they are worth every penny.

 

Thanks for the input! Its enought for me to make an upgrade :) But 180 or 170 - will closed design of 170 not produce much more bass ? Its a real shame i can''t test both anywhere before my purchase. 

post #325 of 442

I'm using the RS180 for almost 3 mths now. Amazing sound quality for a wireless phone, i think i'll stick to it for home use until it breaks down years later. :D

post #326 of 442
With regards t the RS180s, would owners say they lean more towards brightness or warmth? I know there's all manner of descriptives lying in between but I'm just after a rough idea at this point (:
post #327 of 442

@Gofre I find my RS 180s both bright and warm but they are brighter than my HD 558s and little less warm. 

post #328 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMak2012 View Post

@Gofre I find my RS 180s both bright and warm but they are brighter than my HD 558s and little less warm. 

That sounds pretty ideal then, I knew low end performance was meant to be good but I'm look g for something with a more sparkly treble than most warm cans have. Thanks.
post #329 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post


That sounds pretty ideal then, I knew low end performance was meant to be good but I'm look g for something with a more sparkly treble than most warm cans have. Thanks.

 

You are welcome. Don't take my word for it, though. Do try them out before buying. I am not a a treble head and what is good enough treble for me might not be sparkly enough for you. 

post #330 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMak2012 View Post

You are welcome. Don't take my word for it, though. Do try them out before buying. I am not a a treble head and what is good enough treble for me might not be sparkly enough for you. 

The place I'll most likely be buying from has their showroom very near to my house so I'll most likely get a chance to audition them. I'm really just after a pair that err towards being bright rather than dark, so hopefully they'll deliver [=
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone?