Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? - Page 14

post #196 of 464

I bought an RS180 and HDR180.  The included AAA NiMh batteries have been holding a charge for a long time and seem to have low self-discharge even after a few days of not being used.  I usually put one pair on the base after watching a movie at night and swap them the next day on the base.  Even if I forget to do the swap, there has not been a time when the batteries were drained.  

 

 

post #197 of 464

How are the pads in the 180's?  Do they hold form or does the plastic insert start to push into your head or ears making them uncomfortable after a couple of hours? 

Edit:  It is not a plastic piece in the earpad.  That did seem strange to me so I actually decided to look (novel idea hugh?) at the pads.  It is the stitching that is what makes these a bit uncomfortable.  If that stitching touches your ears it can be very aggravating.  I have started trying to work that stitching so that it becomes a little more worn and maybe causes me less irritation. 


Edited by nonsupremous - 4/24/11 at 6:30am
post #198 of 464


It seems your batteries seem to have high self-discharge (low self discharge batteries refer to those with lengthened self life). Does this happen for both your HDR 180 units? Also, were those GP or Sanyo batteries? 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastlane View Post

I bought an RS180 and HDR180.  The included AAA NiMh batteries have been holding a charge for a long time and seem to have low self-discharge even after a few days of not being used.  I usually put one pair on the base after watching a movie at night and swap them the next day on the base.  Even if I forget to do the swap, there has not been a time when the batteries were drained.  


Edited by Rosmadi Mahmood - 4/24/11 at 10:12pm
post #199 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmadi Mahmood View Post


It seems your batteries seem to have high self-discharge (low self discharge batteries refer to those with lengthened self life). Does this happen for both your HDR 180 units? Also, were those GP or Sanyo batteries? 

 

 


Maybe you misunderstood my post.  What I'm saying is the batteries are holding their charge even when they are not on the base and idle for a few days.  The RS180 came with a pair of GP AAA NiMh (600 mAh)  and the HDR180 included a pair of Sanyo Eneloop (750 mAh), which are known to be low self-discharge batteries.   If they are ever drained, it's a simple matter to pop in a freshly charged pair from one of my chargers.  You could even use alkalines in a pinch, but don't forget to replace them with rechargeables before placing the headset back on the base.

 

 

post #200 of 464

Ah.. my bad! Guess I read it wrongly.

Well I sure hope you're enjoying your RS 180 & HDR 180! :)

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastlane View Post


Maybe you misunderstood my post.  What I'm saying is the batteries are holding their charge even when they are not on the base and idle for a few days.  The RS180 came with a pair of GP AAA NiMh (600 mAh)  and the HDR180 included a pair of Sanyo Eneloop (750 mAh), which are known to be low self-discharge batteries.   If they are ever drained, it's a simple matter to pop in a freshly charged pair from one of my chargers.  You could even use alkalines in a pinch, but don't forget to replace them with rechargeables before placing the headset back on the base.

post #201 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmadi Mahmood

Well I sure hope you're enjoying your RS 180 & HDR 180! :) 

 View Post


I ordered some extra Sanyo Eneloop AAA batteries and noticed they are rated a bit higher at 800 mAh.  When I bought the RS180, it was easy to add the RS130 headphones to the chain from the base of the 180.  The problem was everyone wanted the 180 instead after hearing them. :)  That's when I added the HDR180 for a second pair.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsupremous View Post

How are the pads in the 180's?  Do they hold form or does the plastic insert start to push into your head or ears making them uncomfortable after a couple of hours? 



I hadn't noticed any problems with the stitching on the pads on these 180s, but the opening is smaller than the pads of the RS130 or HD650.  If the stiching was irregular, I can see how it could become annoying for those of us with larger ears.  Maybe talk to the CS to see if replacements are possible.  Do you wear them with the buttons on the right side?   

post #202 of 464

hi everyone! i hope someone can help me with this. i am contemplating buying an rs 170 for my late night movie watching... it is usually juts me who watches late at night but sometimes my wife joins me. i am thinking of buying another pair of HDR 170 so that the two of us can watch together. my question is if i buy an rs 170 and an extra hdr 170, will i be able to use one headphone while the other is charging at the base? also, if ever i decide to get an hdr 160 instead, how will i charge the hdr 160? thank you very much for any help you can give me.

post #203 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8arrow View Post

....i am thinking of buying another pair of HDR 170 so that the two of us can watch together. my question is if i buy an rs 170 and an extra hdr 170, will i be able to use one headphone while the other is charging at the base?  

 

 

also, if ever i decide to get an hdr 160 instead, how will i charge the hdr 160? thank you very much for any help you can give me.



Yes, you can listen to one while the other is charging.

 

You could charge the AAA batteries in a separate charger.  The battery compartments are under the earpads on each side and they remove easily without tools.   Found this, "The Sennheiser HDR 160 does not include the transmitter but it does include the charger. "

post #204 of 464

wow! thanks very much fastlane! i think i'll be getting the additional hdr 160 if it does include the charger. thank u so much for your help. btw, is it true that if i get rs 170 then pair it with hdr 160, i'll also get surround sound and bass boost features on the hdr 160 when i turn it on on the hdr 170? thank u again for your help. 

post #205 of 464

Yes, you should be able to enjoy the surround sound and bass sound on the HDR 160 though you can only control these features on the RS 170 transmitter.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8arrow View Post

wow! thanks very much fastlane! i think i'll be getting the additional hdr 160 if it does include the charger. thank u so much for your help. btw, is it true that if i get rs 170 then pair it with hdr 160, i'll also get surround sound and bass boost features on the hdr 160 when i turn it on on the hdr 170? thank u again for your help. 



 

post #206 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmadi Mahmood View Post

Yes, you should be able to enjoy the surround sound and bass sound on the HDR 160 though you can only control these features on the RS 170 transmitter.
 



 


Thanks Rosmadi Mahmood. Do you know if the HDR 160 does come with a charger when I buy it? Thank u!

 

post #207 of 464

No worries, str8arrow!

 

Unfortunately the HDR 160 does not come with a charger. The package includes 2 AAA rechargeable batteries and its instruction manual.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8arrow View Post


Thanks Rosmadi Mahmood. Do you know if the HDR 160 does come with a charger when I buy it? Thank u!

post #208 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmadi Mahmood View Post

No worries, str8arrow!

 

Unfortunately the HDR 160 does not come with a charger. The package includes 2 AAA rechargeable batteries and its instruction manual.

 


Looks like there is no charger included with the HDR 160, just batteries.  I pasted the information saying there is a charger included in a post above and apparently that is not currently correct.  Check out the customer reviews here:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HDR-160-Supplemental-Transmitter/dp/tech-data/B003ZLCAW2/ref=de_a_smtd

One customer said the HDR 160 he bought was factory sealed and did not include the charger and other parts, although they were listed in the contents and pictured on the box.  Call Sennheiser?
 

 

post #209 of 464

I think there's been a misunderstanding in this instance. I've just double-checked the packaging for HDR 160 this morning and there's only an image of the headphone on it. No adapters. Even its instruction manual mentioned just the headphone and batteries.

 

In any case, there's already a comment posted in reply to the customer's review clarifying the difference between HDR 160 and the full-packaged RS 160. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastlane View Post


Looks like there is no charger included with the HDR 160, just batteries.  I pasted the information saying there is a charger included in a post above and apparently that is not currently correct.  Check out the customer reviews here:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HDR-160-Supplemental-Transmitter/dp/tech-data/B003ZLCAW2/ref=de_a_smtd

One customer said the HDR 160 he bought was factory sealed and did not include the charger and other parts, although they were listed in the contents and pictured on the box.  Call Sennheiser?

post #210 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmadi Mahmood View Post

I think there's been a misunderstanding in this instance. I've just double-checked the packaging for HDR 160 this morning and there's only an image of the headphone on it. No adapters. Even its instruction manual mentioned just the headphone and batteries.

 

In any case, there's already a comment posted in reply to the customer's review clarifying the difference between HDR 160 and the full-packaged RS 160. 
 



Right, the reviews with 3 stars already had the RS 180 and 1 star had one of the RS but didn't mention the model number. They knew they were ordering extra headsets to pair with the transmitter they already owned, but were under the impression they would be getting a charger with the HDR 160.  The fix is simple enough to have a spare pair of batteries in a stand alone charger or get a universal AC/DC adapter to charge the batteries in the headset.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone?