If you think that the fit of on your tf10 is not snug enough for you to enjoy and you want to fully take advantage of the sound of the tf10's in custom form. Then I think its worth it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/24/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/23/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandUnique Melodytagged by System, 7/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING Last post on 12/26/16 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread Last post on 12/28/14 at 12:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread - Page 245
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3662 of 39306/4/13 at 6:47pm
There are a lot of positive reviews for doing so - It's one of the more popular IEMs to have reshelled.post #3663 of 39306/16/13 at 10:27pmpost #3664 of 39306/16/13 at 11:37pmQuote:
it depends...it's a bit a game of luck. I did my first impressions without biteblock, left ear was perfect, right ear needed to be refitedpost #3665 of 39306/17/13 at 6:30amQuote:
Depends whether you tensed your jaw muscles or not.post #3666 of 39306/17/13 at 9:42ampost #3667 of 39306/17/13 at 3:28pm
If you tense your jaw muscles, there is a high probability that it will alter the shape of your ear canal while the silicone is curing.
That's fine if you tense your jaw muscles while listening to your CIEMs, but if you keep your jaw relaxed when listening, then you may have issues with seal.
Others may deride what I'm saying but getting a good seal with CIEMs is a very fine line.
Edited by Mython - 6/17/13 at 3:29pmpost #3668 of 39306/17/13 at 3:33pmpost #3669 of 39306/18/13 at 9:16ampost #3670 of 39306/18/13 at 2:26pmpost #3671 of 39306/18/13 at 10:02pmpost #3672 of 39306/19/13 at 2:43am
Ah. I'm in my ** Edited - see post below** week of waiting for my customs to come back, and I used a bite block..
But I honestly have no idea if I tensed my jaw or not. Now I'm nervous.. Needing a refit is my biggest fear at the moment, considering the current wait times.
Edited by White Lotus - 6/19/13 at 8:03pmpost #3673 of 39306/19/13 at 4:09am
One thing I should have pointed out (which, I think, is mentioned in the thread I linked) is that people vary in the amount of change of shape of their ear canal between different jaw positions. So for some singers (who use their CIEMs with their jaw in all positions, whilst performing), they retain a good seal, but other singers may lose seal during singing because their individual anatomy happens to be that their ear canal changes shape quite a lot as they move their jaw.
So, in that respect, it can be pot-luck as to whether your ear canal changes shape a lot, between different jaw positions.
As for tensing your jaw muscles, I would still avoid this as much as possible whilst having ear impressions taken, since you're not going to be tensing your jaw whilst listening to your eventual CIEMs, unless maybe you like chewing gum!
Wait and see. If you need to have a re-fit, then you'll be in good company - a surprisingly large proportion of CIEM buyers do not have a successful seal first time around (although I have found UM lab to be particularly excellent in their fit - they absolutely nailed my fit, first time, unlike FS, who were disastrously poor)post #3674 of 39306/19/13 at 7:22pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › How have your headphones broken? 6 seconds ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 15 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 30 seconds ago
- › MicroZOTL2 Upgrade Discovery Thread..... 40 seconds ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate Discussion/ Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 2 minutes ago
- › Denver Spring Meet 2017 - May 20th 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear