If you think that the fit of on your tf10 is not snug enough for you to enjoy and you want to fully take advantage of the sound of the tf10's in custom form. Then I think its worth it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/24/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/23/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandUnique Melodytagged by System, 7/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING Last post on 8/30/14 at 2:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/29/14 at 11:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread - Page 245
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3662 of 38926/4/13 at 6:47pm
There are a lot of positive reviews for doing so - It's one of the more popular IEMs to have reshelled.post #3663 of 38926/16/13 at 10:27pmpost #3664 of 38926/16/13 at 11:37pmQuote:
it depends...it's a bit a game of luck. I did my first impressions without biteblock, left ear was perfect, right ear needed to be refitedpost #3665 of 38926/17/13 at 6:30amQuote:
Depends whether you tensed your jaw muscles or not.post #3666 of 38926/17/13 at 9:42ampost #3667 of 38926/17/13 at 3:28pm
If you tense your jaw muscles, there is a high probability that it will alter the shape of your ear canal while the silicone is curing.
That's fine if you tense your jaw muscles while listening to your CIEMs, but if you keep your jaw relaxed when listening, then you may have issues with seal.
Others may deride what I'm saying but getting a good seal with CIEMs is a very fine line.
Edited by Mython - 6/17/13 at 3:29pmpost #3668 of 38926/17/13 at 3:33pmpost #3669 of 38926/18/13 at 9:16ampost #3670 of 38926/18/13 at 2:26pmpost #3671 of 38926/18/13 at 10:02pmpost #3672 of 38926/19/13 at 2:43am
Ah. I'm in my ** Edited - see post below** week of waiting for my customs to come back, and I used a bite block..
But I honestly have no idea if I tensed my jaw or not. Now I'm nervous.. Needing a refit is my biggest fear at the moment, considering the current wait times.
Edited by White Lotus - 6/19/13 at 8:03pmpost #3673 of 38926/19/13 at 4:09am
One thing I should have pointed out (which, I think, is mentioned in the thread I linked) is that people vary in the amount of change of shape of their ear canal between different jaw positions. So for some singers (who use their CIEMs with their jaw in all positions, whilst performing), they retain a good seal, but other singers may lose seal during singing because their individual anatomy happens to be that their ear canal changes shape quite a lot as they move their jaw.
So, in that respect, it can be pot-luck as to whether your ear canal changes shape a lot, between different jaw positions.
As for tensing your jaw muscles, I would still avoid this as much as possible whilst having ear impressions taken, since you're not going to be tensing your jaw whilst listening to your eventual CIEMs, unless maybe you like chewing gum!
Wait and see. If you need to have a re-fit, then you'll be in good company - a surprisingly large proportion of CIEM buyers do not have a successful seal first time around (although I have found UM lab to be particularly excellent in their fit - they absolutely nailed my fit, first time, unlike FS, who were disastrously poor)post #3674 of 38926/19/13 at 7:22pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Need help to test the 20,000 sound tracks music library firmware... 11 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 30 seconds ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 31 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics,... 2 minutes ago
- › HD800: benefits of a 43 ohms impedance adapter ? 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)