If you think that the fit of on your tf10 is not snug enough for you to enjoy and you want to fully take advantage of the sound of the tf10's in custom form. Then I think its worth it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/24/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/23/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandUnique Melodytagged by System, 7/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING Last post on 8/30/14 at 2:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread Last post on 12/28/14 at 12:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread - Page 245
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There are a lot of positive reviews for doing so - It's one of the more popular IEMs to have reshelled.
it depends...it's a bit a game of luck. I did my first impressions without biteblock, left ear was perfect, right ear needed to be refited
Depends whether you tensed your jaw muscles or not.
If you tense your jaw muscles, there is a high probability that it will alter the shape of your ear canal while the silicone is curing.
That's fine if you tense your jaw muscles while listening to your CIEMs, but if you keep your jaw relaxed when listening, then you may have issues with seal.
Others may deride what I'm saying but getting a good seal with CIEMs is a very fine line.
Edited by Mython - 6/17/13 at 3:29pm
Ah. I'm in my ** Edited - see post below** week of waiting for my customs to come back, and I used a bite block..
But I honestly have no idea if I tensed my jaw or not. Now I'm nervous.. Needing a refit is my biggest fear at the moment, considering the current wait times.
Edited by White Lotus - 6/19/13 at 8:03pm
One thing I should have pointed out (which, I think, is mentioned in the thread I linked) is that people vary in the amount of change of shape of their ear canal between different jaw positions. So for some singers (who use their CIEMs with their jaw in all positions, whilst performing), they retain a good seal, but other singers may lose seal during singing because their individual anatomy happens to be that their ear canal changes shape quite a lot as they move their jaw.
So, in that respect, it can be pot-luck as to whether your ear canal changes shape a lot, between different jaw positions.
As for tensing your jaw muscles, I would still avoid this as much as possible whilst having ear impressions taken, since you're not going to be tensing your jaw whilst listening to your eventual CIEMs, unless maybe you like chewing gum!
Wait and see. If you need to have a re-fit, then you'll be in good company - a surprisingly large proportion of CIEM buyers do not have a successful seal first time around (although I have found UM lab to be particularly excellent in their fit - they absolutely nailed my fit, first time, unlike FS, who were disastrously poor)
- Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 33 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 2 minutes ago
- › avoid audio defects during listeing with good products - possible ? 3 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy a pair of headphones/IEM, needs some help 4 minutes ago
- › Bass IEM addict recommendations 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › over/around ear headphones for $250 or less 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3