- 518 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/24/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/23/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandUnique Melodytagged by System, 7/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread Last post on 12/28/14 at 12:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread - Page 239
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I also write to the owner, because he helped me a few times with my orders 5 years ago. However, he is generally quite busy, so he just asks Ms. Liu to answer my questions in some emais.
I've seen other pictures and it seems like the canal is MUCH longer. Does anyone think that I'll need new impressions done, or should I be fine with this length?
What about the actual IEMs you got back? Were the canals as long as your impressions?
In my opinion (having been through the process numerous times), that impression is 3-5mm or so too short. And when I say 3-5mm, I mean in terms of the final length of the finished CIEM.
In terms of the length of a well-done impression, your impression is more like 10-12mm shorter.
Could someone build a CIEM from that impression? Yes, but it certainly wouldn't stand the best chance of forming a good seal. It might turn out OK, but why risk a sub-standard final result? To be fair, some vendors substantially chamfer the last 3mm of a CIEM canal tip, but even then, it's just not a good idea to start with an impression that's lacking, to begin with.
For all the very considerable expense of CIEMs, and the time, hassle and expense of refits (shipping, taxes etc.), it really isn't worth taking chances with marginal-quality impressions.
I'm not trying to be a 'negative naysayer' here, I'm just trying to be the voice of reason, when the temptation to cut corners at this stage may end up in lots of regret further down the line.
Just my 2 cents; take it or leave it :-)
BTW, in case you didn't see it, there's a detailed thread about having impressions done (including some informative videos):
Edited by Mython - 3/3/13 at 6:32am
Yes, I'll have them redone then.
The picture I took is the first impression I took (The pack came with 3). My second, right ear was perfect, quite a bit longer too. The third impression was also a left ear, and although the canal's a bit longer, it's not by much.
Sucks though, I already shipped out the set a few days ago. I'll just wait for word from UM Labs/prepare to get a new set.
My merlins were probably shorter (not by much though) , but my heir 4a's do have a longer canal which probably used the full length of the impression
Emailed Stephen about impressions, he replied within 10 minutes.
Worst case scenario, I have to get another set done and resend it, which'll set me back a week and $30.
Not TOO bad I guess
They arrived there the 31st of January, so minus the CNY, there is a time table around 4 weeks
boy, this will be two hard weeks ! (ah yeah, shipping too....make it three then.....
Edited by whoever - 3/3/13 at 11:28pm
They just arrived at my doorstep! a good week before i expected them.....! Jesus i'm SO EXCITED!!!!!
i will post better pics later...just a little teaser!
first impression: Seal is close to perfect, i have to get used to it since it's mi first CIEM.
Fit is comfortable....took me some time at the beginning....but i guess i need some time! :)...lets go and take the subway!
Thanks Stephen Guo and Anakchan for making this deal possible for me! And thanks UM and Headfi....
now i have to buy this engagement ring....don't have any excuses left :)
Edited by whoever - 3/12/13 at 7:44am
- Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 2 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 19 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 20 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 35 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › how to mp3s on a home stereo without using a computer...? 1 minute ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Theta DS Pro Progeny (Used, Beautiful Condition) 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2