- 550 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/24/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/23/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandUnique Melodytagged by System, 7/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread Last post on 12/28/14 at 12:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread - Page 239
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I also write to the owner, because he helped me a few times with my orders 5 years ago. However, he is generally quite busy, so he just asks Ms. Liu to answer my questions in some emais.
I've seen other pictures and it seems like the canal is MUCH longer. Does anyone think that I'll need new impressions done, or should I be fine with this length?
What about the actual IEMs you got back? Were the canals as long as your impressions?
In my opinion (having been through the process numerous times), that impression is 3-5mm or so too short. And when I say 3-5mm, I mean in terms of the final length of the finished CIEM.
In terms of the length of a well-done impression, your impression is more like 10-12mm shorter.
Could someone build a CIEM from that impression? Yes, but it certainly wouldn't stand the best chance of forming a good seal. It might turn out OK, but why risk a sub-standard final result? To be fair, some vendors substantially chamfer the last 3mm of a CIEM canal tip, but even then, it's just not a good idea to start with an impression that's lacking, to begin with.
For all the very considerable expense of CIEMs, and the time, hassle and expense of refits (shipping, taxes etc.), it really isn't worth taking chances with marginal-quality impressions.
I'm not trying to be a 'negative naysayer' here, I'm just trying to be the voice of reason, when the temptation to cut corners at this stage may end up in lots of regret further down the line.
Just my 2 cents; take it or leave it :-)
BTW, in case you didn't see it, there's a detailed thread about having impressions done (including some informative videos):
Edited by Mython - 3/3/13 at 6:32am
Yes, I'll have them redone then.
The picture I took is the first impression I took (The pack came with 3). My second, right ear was perfect, quite a bit longer too. The third impression was also a left ear, and although the canal's a bit longer, it's not by much.
Sucks though, I already shipped out the set a few days ago. I'll just wait for word from UM Labs/prepare to get a new set.
My merlins were probably shorter (not by much though) , but my heir 4a's do have a longer canal which probably used the full length of the impression
Emailed Stephen about impressions, he replied within 10 minutes.
Worst case scenario, I have to get another set done and resend it, which'll set me back a week and $30.
Not TOO bad I guess
They arrived there the 31st of January, so minus the CNY, there is a time table around 4 weeks
boy, this will be two hard weeks ! (ah yeah, shipping too....make it three then.....
Edited by whoever - 3/3/13 at 11:28pm
They just arrived at my doorstep! a good week before i expected them.....! Jesus i'm SO EXCITED!!!!!
i will post better pics later...just a little teaser!
first impression: Seal is close to perfect, i have to get used to it since it's mi first CIEM.
Fit is comfortable....took me some time at the beginning....but i guess i need some time! :)...lets go and take the subway!
Thanks Stephen Guo and Anakchan for making this deal possible for me! And thanks UM and Headfi....
now i have to buy this engagement ring....don't have any excuses left :)
Edited by whoever - 3/12/13 at 7:44am
- Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze LCD2.2 w/ fazor 25 seconds ago
- › What would give me the best sound for Microlab solo 6c 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW TOUR: Shanling H3 Portable Amp/DAC with Bluetooth 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Ok to keep a USB powered DAC always plugged into the computer? 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)