- 509 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/24/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/23/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandUnique Melodytagged by System, 7/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING Last post on 8/30/14 at 2:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/29/14 at 11:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread - Page 239post #3571 of 38803/1/13 at 11:16pmI spoke to them. Appaerently they have loads of backorders piled up in the lab. They are working hard to fill them, last I checked, it will be about 5 weeks wait according to them. I've just sent mine in last week. 4 weeks and counting...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3572 of 38803/1/13 at 11:22pmpost #3573 of 38803/2/13 at 1:15amI called their office and spoke to this lady that works there. Her last name is Liu.
I also write to the owner, because he helped me a few times with my orders 5 years ago. However, he is generally quite busy, so he just asks Ms. Liu to answer my questions in some emais.post #3574 of 38803/3/13 at 3:40am
I've seen other pictures and it seems like the canal is MUCH longer. Does anyone think that I'll need new impressions done, or should I be fine with this length?post #3575 of 38803/3/13 at 4:25ampost #3576 of 38803/3/13 at 4:51amQuote:
What about the actual IEMs you got back? Were the canals as long as your impressions?post #3577 of 38803/3/13 at 6:29am
In my opinion (having been through the process numerous times), that impression is 3-5mm or so too short. And when I say 3-5mm, I mean in terms of the final length of the finished CIEM.
In terms of the length of a well-done impression, your impression is more like 10-12mm shorter.
Could someone build a CIEM from that impression? Yes, but it certainly wouldn't stand the best chance of forming a good seal. It might turn out OK, but why risk a sub-standard final result? To be fair, some vendors substantially chamfer the last 3mm of a CIEM canal tip, but even then, it's just not a good idea to start with an impression that's lacking, to begin with.
For all the very considerable expense of CIEMs, and the time, hassle and expense of refits (shipping, taxes etc.), it really isn't worth taking chances with marginal-quality impressions.
I'm not trying to be a 'negative naysayer' here, I'm just trying to be the voice of reason, when the temptation to cut corners at this stage may end up in lots of regret further down the line.
Just my 2 cents; take it or leave it :-)
BTW, in case you didn't see it, there's a detailed thread about having impressions done (including some informative videos):
Edited by Mython - 3/3/13 at 6:32ampost #3578 of 38803/3/13 at 6:32ampost #3579 of 38803/3/13 at 7:02am
Yes, I'll have them redone then.
The picture I took is the first impression I took (The pack came with 3). My second, right ear was perfect, quite a bit longer too. The third impression was also a left ear, and although the canal's a bit longer, it's not by much.
Sucks though, I already shipped out the set a few days ago. I'll just wait for word from UM Labs/prepare to get a new set.post #3580 of 38803/3/13 at 7:14ampost #3581 of 38803/3/13 at 8:27amQuote:
My merlins were probably shorter (not by much though) , but my heir 4a's do have a longer canal which probably used the full length of the impressionpost #3582 of 38803/3/13 at 3:31pmQuote:
Emailed Stephen about impressions, he replied within 10 minutes.
Worst case scenario, I have to get another set done and resend it, which'll set me back a week and $30.
Not TOO bad I guesspost #3583 of 38803/3/13 at 4:14pmpost #3584 of 38803/3/13 at 9:37pmJust got a word from the lab, my order will be ready for the 16th!
They arrived there the 31st of January, so minus the CNY, there is a time table around 4 weeks
boy, this will be two hard weeks ! (ah yeah, shipping too....make it three then.....
Edited by whoever - 3/3/13 at 11:28pmpost #3585 of 38803/12/13 at 7:40am
They just arrived at my doorstep! a good week before i expected them.....! Jesus i'm SO EXCITED!!!!!
i will post better pics later...just a little teaser!
first impression: Seal is close to perfect, i have to get used to it since it's mi first CIEM.
Fit is comfortable....took me some time at the beginning....but i guess i need some time! :)...lets go and take the subway!
Thanks Stephen Guo and Anakchan for making this deal possible for me! And thanks UM and Headfi....
now i have to buy this engagement ring....don't have any excuses left :)
Edited by whoever - 3/12/13 at 7:44amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FS. AKG K612 Pro 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › RWAK 120-s vs AK 240? 2 minutes ago
- › FS : Sony MDR-MA900 4 minutes ago
- › [Australia/Worldwide] ALO RX MK3 B+ 5 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 9 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :) 10 minutes ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: T-PEOS Altone 200 Review!) 10 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)