Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread - Page 235

post #3511 of 3880

Right so I got my refit back. Fit is close to perfect and both build and finish is excellent. The sound has improved somewhat but it still retains a darkish sound signature. Detail and top end extension is certainly there, but it's presented in a very smooth way - as a person who likes getting slapped in the face by hard detail, it's not really my sound signature. Through frequency sweeps and various test tones, although they handily beat my K701's technically, it's just not my kind of sound signature. There is virtually ZERO audible distortion all the way down to 20 hz, the limit of my hearing which is pretty amazing. I think tuning audio products is a delicate balancing act between thick and thin and whilst the K701 eers on the side of thin, these are slightly thick. Soundstage is wide and deep, but I feel like it's a bit compressed. I guess this won't be the end of my journey for audio nirvana.


Edited by iamthem - 1/6/13 at 11:24pm
post #3512 of 3880

iamthem:

If you want hard detail, from my experience I recommend JH13 (or JH5 if budget is tight).  I sold everything else and haven't changed over a year, I'd say I'm done with IEMs.  UM did a great job reshelling.

 

I heard UM Mage is focused towards detail/treble so you might like to consider them too. Others I might recommend are UERM, or Westone 3 reshelled to 6 drivers by UM (based on reviews).

post #3513 of 3880
Just got my miracles and not happy with the sound sig too.

While the bass is well extended, its placed too forward, and the mid is too far back, then theres an upper midrange bump. Highs are good though, fine and smooth. Instrument seperation is average, maybe due to the recessed mids. It has overall V shaped sound, sound stage isn't as large as i expected too.

I listen to alot of vocals, miracles sound setup make vocals sound veiled or too thin depending on tracks. Maybe the mids are too smooth and they slip through my ears. I don't understand how miracles get so high rating on their mids.

Coming from UM Mage, while miracles having better technical capability and dynamic range, the overall sound is 1 step forward 2 steps back to me.

Posted a WTS on headfi classified.
Edited by redaxis - 1/7/13 at 6:32pm
post #3514 of 3880

Hey guys!. I have both a SE530 and a UM Mage and im planning of upgrading my SE530 to 6 drivers using the UM Mage. The setup would be Mage's TWFK for the highs,  Shure's dual woofer as mids, and Mage's CI22955 for lows. Is this possible? I've read a couple pages back that the SE530x6 uses the same configuration except for the lows as it uses the Sonion 3300 instead. Any opinion are welcome! :)

post #3515 of 3880
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3utra1 View Post

Hey guys!. I have both a SE530 and a UM Mage and im planning of upgrading my SE530 to 6 drivers using the UM Mage. The setup would be Mage's TWFK for the highs,  Shure's dual woofer as mids, and Mage's CI22955 for lows. Is this possible? I've read a couple pages back that the SE530x6 uses the same configuration except for the lows as it uses the Sonion 3300 instead. Any opinion are welcome! :)

I love good mids, enjoy vocals alot, I have turned my shure to se530x6 thinking to fix the rolled off treble, and I didn't like the outcome. If you expect it to remain shure's sound signature then u might be surprised that they are not, at least mine were not. They have lost the shure's magical mids and the bass was too much for my taste. I ended up sold the se530x6 and use the Mage.

 

Since then I learned that drivers count don't always equals to sound quality. If I were you, I will keep both se530 and Mage, especially the mage, they are really good at what they are doing, from the mids to details to sound stage.

 

If I'd like to try something else, I'd just buy new and keep the Mage, at least as a backup.

 

my 2 cents.   :)


Edited by redaxis - 1/7/13 at 7:31pm
post #3516 of 3880
Quote:
Originally Posted by redaxis View Post

I love good mids, enjoy vocals alot, I have turned my shure to se530x6 thinking to fix the rolled off treble, and I didn't like the outcome. If you expect it to remain shure's sound signature then u might be surprised that they are not, at least mine were not. They have lost the shure's magical mids and the bass was too much for my taste. I ended up sold the se530x6 and use the Mage.

 

Since then I learned that drivers count don't always equals to sound quality. If I were you, I will keep both se530 and Mage, especially the mage, they are really good at what they are doing, from the mids to details to sound stage.

 

If I'd like to try something else, I'd just buy new and keep the Mage, at least as a backup.

 

my 2 cents.   :)

 

Thanks a lot for the advice bro. Im not sure why but i've heard the SE530x6 already and fell in love with it's sound sig but that was sooooo long time ago when i still haven't heard of the stock SE530 and didnt have the Mage yet. All I have is the TF10 at that time. I guess i'll have to hear the same SE530x6 again to make up my mind. Cheers! :)

post #3517 of 3880

I have the TF18 and am going to try the JH13.

Right now what I can say is that the TF18 impresses me at the very beginning. However you just can't listen to them all the time. Your ears will hurt because of the harsh treble and the chaos when all the music from different layers come together.

The best part about them is the vocals. 

That's all I can say for now

post #3518 of 3880

Guess after painstakingly going through all 235 pages, I feel quite confident that I had made the right decision to go through UM for my reshell haha. It reached the labs around 28 or 29 Dec, can't wait to get it back! Ordered one with Carbon Fibre faceplate, azure body and tips! 

post #3519 of 3880
Mine are on their way to them right now! Does anybody know the day chinese holidays begin and everything is shut down for two weeks?
post #3520 of 3880

Unique Melody Lab will be closed from the 4th of Feb, reopening on the 14th of Feb.

post #3521 of 3880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acustoms View Post

Unique Melody Lab will be closed from the 4th of Feb, reopening on the 14th of Feb.

Thank you for informing us. I'm still waiting for my customs since my impressions arrived on Dec 8, 2012.

post #3522 of 3880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman26 View Post

Thank you for informing us. I'm still waiting for my customs since my impressions arrived on Dec 8, 2012.


You should really contact your dealer, UMLab is ahead of schedule (4-6 Weeks) for our orders here in Australia.

post #3523 of 3880
How much time in average does an item stay at customs? Mine ist stuck there since 24h.......
frown.gif
post #3524 of 3880

Hi guys, I'm an happy TF10x4 owner but I'm thinking about send them back for remolding and a new artwork. Since they're in UM Lab, I'm wondering if it's worth it to upgrade them to 6 drivers ( 2+2+2 ).

 

What's your opinion? Thanks!

post #3525 of 3880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post

Hi guys, I'm an happy TF10x4 owner but I'm thinking about send them back for remolding and a new artwork. Since they're in UM Lab, I'm wondering if it's worth it to upgrade them to 6 drivers ( 2+2+2 ).

 

What's your opinion? Thanks!

 

I was in a similiar position with my 530 x 3. Have a good think about the price difference between the remould + artwork + extra drivers and a set of new Miracles. You will get all new drivers and a full warranty.. If one of your original TF10 drivers fails after the upgrade, then i would not think that UM would accept any responsibility.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread