Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread - Page 233

post #3481 of 3892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 


 

Please note that, like many CIEMs, the Miracle needs at least a couple of hundred hours of use before it settles into its real character of presentation, and that, again, like many CIEMs, it must be driven properly or the bass and treble will not be properly controlled. This is very important for balanced-armature CIEMs because they often present a very variable and very low impedance load to the amp/output stage which can be challenging to damp and to control effectively. It's entirely par for the course but needs to be taken into account to avoid disappointment. I say this from personal experience, since the Miracle was my first CIEM and hugely disappointed me until I replaced my Cowon J3 with an iBasso DX100, and then the Miracles absolutely sang!

Or you could have used Stepdance or another good amp.

post #3482 of 3892
Quote:
Originally Posted by psygeist View Post

Or you could have used Stepdance or another good amp.

 



Well, obviously, yes, but I dislike seperate amps as 70% of my listening is whilst walking. I want an all-in-one unit, hence my choice of DX100

 

It'd also be less than ideal to drive an amp from the headphone-out of the J3.


Edited by Mython - 11/18/12 at 8:05pm
post #3483 of 3892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 



Well, obviously, yes, but I dislike seperate amps as 70% of my listening is whilst walking. I want an all-in-one unit, hence my choice of DX100

 

It'd also be less than ideal to drive an amp from the headphone-out of the J3.


also nowadays bringing a portable amp out makes people think i look like a geek too etysmile.gif  a DAP is always a better choice for IEM or CIEM. I think DX100 has overkilled those CIEMs already since it can drive a fullsize can nicely

post #3484 of 3892

be proud that you're an audiophile who only enjoys the best of the best

post #3485 of 3892
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearofwar View Post


also nowadays bringing a portable amp out makes people think i look like a geek too etysmile.gif  a DAP is always a better choice for IEM or CIEM. I think DX100 has overkilled those CIEMs already since it can drive a fullsize can nicely

haha..agree on that.

post #3486 of 3892

He guys.

 

if I want to get my TF10 reshelled, what's the best way to handle this? Do I have different possiblities from western europe (Germany)? A reseller in europe, or send it to PRoC or Australia? 

post #3487 of 3892

Do you guys know if the JH3As can be reshelled by UM?

post #3488 of 3892
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremolo View Post

Do you guys know if the JH3As can be reshelled by UM?

 

To the best of my knowledge, UM can reshell JH3As (original version, too early to know about the freqphase version being reshellable by UM)

post #3489 of 3892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxolomeus View Post

He guys.

 

if I want to get my TF10 reshelled, what's the best way to handle this? Do I have different possiblities from western europe (Germany)? A reseller in europe, or send it to PRoC or Australia? 

 

Your best bet at this time would probably be to contact Matt directly, at UM Global

 

uniquemelody.co

post #3490 of 3892

Does he have an email address or will he be the person behind contact form? But thanks for your advise

post #3491 of 3892

Sorry, I didn't post Matt's email address simply because I didn't want it being trawled by a spam bot from this public forum.

 

Matt is the one behind the contact form on the Uniquemelody.co contact form. You can, however, alternatively, PM him here on Head-fi:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/u/164485/uniquemelodyaus

 

...but bear in mind that Matt is not always around here on head-fi.

 

If you wish to email Matt directly, then just logically combine his first name with the domain I gave you in my previous reply.


Edited by Mython - 11/21/12 at 5:49am
post #3492 of 3892

I just had my UE TF10 remolded by Unique Melody.  

 

After reading through every single post on this thread and other posts on Head-Fi, I decided to go with Unique Melody and Stephan at http://www.custom-iem.com. I guess my main reason for going with UM was all the positive reviews by multiple posters and availability of driver upgrades and face plate customization.  I elected for 6 driver upgrade.  I tried making ear molds by myself using kits available on Amazon, but I just could not get the molds to include significant portions of the ear canal.  So finally, I had my ear molds made at a local audiologist.  It turned out great. I shipped the molds, TF10, and the order form on October 12 by regular USPS mail.  You can use custom ID# for tracking on all overseas mail so I did not upgrade shipping.  PayPal payment to Stephen was sent the same day.  I did not hear back from UM or Stephen until November 22 when Stephen emailed me to let me know that IEMs were shipped with FedEx tracking number.  They arrived this morning.  The quality and fit both seem excellent.  However, the existing wires from my TF10 do not fit the recessed plug on these IEM.  I had ordered wires separately from plusSound, so I'm going to have to hold off on how these sound.  

 

Here are the pictures.  I went with TF10 reshell - upgrade from 3 drivers to 6 drivers.

 

Azure translucent shells and titanium silver plates with custom metal insert snow flake artwork.  I requested the tips to be translucent blue of the left and translucent red on the right, and my initials to be printed on the inner shells.  First 2 pictures are the ear molds made at my audiologist. (for some reason the photo upload server seems to be down.  The links are to photos on image shack)

 

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/8951/img1105vs.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img33/9853/img1106o.jpg

 
Finally the frequency response curve.
 
 
Overall I am very happy with the purchase so far.  I think it would have been better if there were little more email communication from the time of the order until delivery such as acknowledgement that the order was received or work started. I also did not get a cleaning tool with the IEM.  I thought all of them was supposed to come with one.  I have sent an email to Stephen, so hopefully I'll get an answer back soon.
 
post #3493 of 3892
Quote:
Originally Posted by xradman View Post

I just had my UE TF10 remolded by Unique Melody.  

 

After reading through every single post on this thread and other posts on Head-Fi, I decided to go with Unique Melody and Stephan at http://www.custom-iem.com. I guess my main reason for going with UM was all the positive reviews by multiple posters and availability of driver upgrades and face plate customization.  I elected for 6 driver upgrade.  I tried making ear molds by myself using kits available on Amazon, but I just could not get the molds to include significant portions of the ear canal.  So finally, I had my ear molds made at a local audiologist.  It turned out great. I shipped the molds, TF10, and the order form on October 12 by regular USPS mail.  You can use custom ID# for tracking on all overseas mail so I did not upgrade shipping.  PayPal payment to Stephen was sent the same day.  I did not hear back from UM or Stephen until November 22 when Stephen emailed me to let me know that IEMs were shipped with FedEx tracking number.  They arrived this morning.  The quality and fit both seem excellent.  However, the existing wires from my TF10 do not fit the recessed plug on these IEM.  I had ordered wires separately from plusSound, so I'm going to have to hold off on how these sound.  

 

Here are the pictures.  I went with TF10 reshell - upgrade from 3 drivers to 6 drivers.

 

Azure translucent shells and titanium silver plates with custom metal insert snow flake artwork.  I requested the tips to be translucent blue of the left and translucent red on the right, and my initials to be printed on the inner shells.  First 2 pictures are the ear molds made at my audiologist. (for some reason the photo upload server seems to be down.  The links are to photos on image shack)

 

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/8951/img1105vs.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img33/9853/img1106o.jpg

 
Finally the frequency response curve.
 
 
Overall I am very happy with the purchase so far.  I think it would have been better if there were little more email communication from the time of the order until delivery such as acknowledgement that the order was received or work started. I also did not get a cleaning tool with the IEM.  I thought all of them was supposed to come with one.  I have sent an email to Stephen, so hopefully I'll get an answer back soon.
 

 

Congrats on your purchase. The Azure and Titanium combo is gaining popularity. Please post your impressions as soon as your available.

post #3494 of 3892

Top-notch remoulding job, that; they've done you proud, xradman.

 

Kudos to the UM team for that level of craftsmanship  beerchug.gif
 


Edited by Mython - 11/23/12 at 1:32pm
post #3495 of 3892
Quote:
Originally Posted by xradman View Post

I just had my UE TF10 remolded by Unique Melody.  

After reading through every single post on this thread and other posts on Head-Fi, I decided to go with Unique Melody and Stephan at http://www.custom-iem.com. I guess my main reason for going with UM was all the positive reviews by multiple posters and availability of driver upgrades and face plate customization.  I elected for 6 driver upgrade.  I tried making ear molds by myself using kits available on Amazon, but I just could not get the molds to include significant portions of the ear canal.  So finally, I had my ear molds made at a local audiologist.  It turned out great. I shipped the molds, TF10, and the order form on October 12 by regular USPS mail.  You can use custom ID# for tracking on all overseas mail so I did not upgrade shipping.  PayPal payment to Stephen was sent the same day.  I did not hear back from UM or Stephen until November 22 when Stephen emailed me to let me know that IEMs were shipped with FedEx tracking number.  They arrived this morning.  The quality and fit both seem excellent.  However, the existing wires from my TF10 do not fit the recessed plug on these IEM.  I had ordered wires separately from plusSound, so I'm going to have to hold off on how these sound.  

Here are the pictures.  I went with TF10 reshell - upgrade from 3 drivers to 6 drivers.

Azure translucent shells and titanium silver plates with custom metal insert snow flake artwork.  I requested the tips to be translucent blue of the left and translucent red on the right, and my initials to be printed on the inner shells.  First 2 pictures are the ear molds made at my audiologist. (for some reason the photo upload server seems to be down.  The links are to photos on image shack)

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/8951/img1105vs.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img33/9853/img1106o.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img715/5598/img1219dw.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img853/5937/img1220jxh.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img821/9935/img1221qq.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img829/1214/img1222k.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img831/6845/img1223h.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img713/2408/img1224fa.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img39/7827/img1225yy.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img94/3011/img1226wo.jpg
 
Finally the frequency response curve.
 
http://imageshack.us/a/img809/5404/responsecurvenoname.jpg
 
Overall I am very happy with the purchase so far.  I think it would have been better if there were little more email communication from the time of the order until delivery such as acknowledgement that the order was received or work started. I also did not get a cleaning tool with the IEM.  I thought all of them was supposed to come with one.  I have sent an email to Stephen, so hopefully I'll get an answer back soon.

 

Little update:

I heard back from Stephen. He first asked to check the drawer on the case. But these came in small neoprene zippered case with no drawers, identical to what Beats Lady Gaga phones ship in. So they are apparently out of the cleaning tools. Does anyone have a picture of what they look like?

As for cables, my fancy cables is going to take a while, so I purchased a $30 cable on eBay from Hong Kong. It shipped already, so hopefully I can see what these sound like soon.
Edited by xradman - 11/26/12 at 11:19pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread