Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread - Page 230

post #3436 of 3905

^^nice pics. Whats the color on the faceplate of the earpiece with black nozzles ?

 

You mentioned that left side fit was worse. Was it too loose or too tight ?

post #3437 of 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthem View Post

Just got my Unique Melody LW3x4 reshell... None of the original drivers (TWFK + CI) appear to be there. Rather it's a Sonion 3300, an unidentified mid driver and a WBFK if I'm not mistaken. I can't see the model numbers on the mid and high drivers unfortunately.

 

As for sound. The sound is very impressive. Incredible detail across the spectrum, with excellent bass texture. The sound signature is also very neutral, and they're a lot smoother (in the treble) than the original livewires. Overall, I'm very pleased. The only thing I'm lacking is the FR graph and the cleaning tool.

 

Wouldn't that mean it's really no longer an LW3? Unless the FR is inspired by the LW3? My guess is that the mid-driver could be an ED; anyways, if it is, then that's a nice choice of drivers.

post #3438 of 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

 

Wouldn't that mean it's really no longer an LW3? Unless the FR is inspired by the LW3? My guess is that the mid-driver could be an ED; anyways, if it is, then that's a nice choice of drivers.

Nope, UM called it a UM 4 not a LW3x4. Perhaps they stole the CI + TWFK drivers to use in other IEMs? One of the drivers does look like an ED, and the other one looks more like a Sonion 2300 judging by the size. Both of them have 3 solder pads and are about the same size. They sound great though so I don't really mind. The sound is COMPLETELY different from the original Livewires, I really think they just randomly built me a custom IEM and sent it, not that it matters. I got what I paid for, and it was great. I'll post some more pics up later in the afternoon (1 am here..)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psygeist View Post

^^nice pics. Whats the color on the faceplate of the earpiece with black nozzles ?

 

You mentioned that left side fit was worse. Was it too loose or too tight ?

Titanium faceplate, clear with art. The fit was a tad loose, although not enough to ruin the seal. It was mainly because I asked to use a smaller bite block... at least it's very comfy.

 

EDIT: Going to get a refit in the end. Just letting everyone know, if you don't get impressions from UM's authorized audiologist you're as stupid as I am >_>. Colours can be changed for a smallish fee if you're bothered to send them back for about a month+. Also colours/options are strictly limited to what they have on the UM store website. Any special customizations I believe you'll have to go through UM directly rather than your local dealer.


Edited by iamthem - 9/27/12 at 2:23am
post #3439 of 3905
Got my tf10x4 as sort of a surprise because UM did not inform me. Still, I am not even mad. The fit is absolutely perfect, and the craftmanship is reallly well, glad I go for UM. Unfortunately, I have no cable to test 'em... I never know finding cables here is such difficult.
post #3440 of 3905

I just placed my order for some W3 reshells, should I just send in my ear impressions + the W3's and mark the package with my order number? I guess I'll get a mail tomorrow or something with instructions, but if someone could enlighten me I can seal the shipping box today and ship them tomorrow morning wich would be great.

 

And wow, the customs in this thread are beautiful!

post #3441 of 3905

You have to include the order form which you get from UM.

 

Also, sending you impressions pictures and verifying their suitability will be good if you haven't done that already.

post #3442 of 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by psygeist View Post

You have to include the order form which you get from UM.

 

Also, sending you impressions pictures and verifying their suitability will be good if you haven't done that already.

Thanks for the tip about sending in pictures of my impressions, I've now done that :)

post #3443 of 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethrosang View Post

Got my tf10x4 as sort of a surprise because UM did not inform me. Still, I am not even mad. The fit is absolutely perfect, and the craftmanship is reallly well, glad I go for UM. Unfortunately, I have no cable to test 'em... I never know finding cables here is such difficult.

 

What do you mean surprise? Either you go with the stock Westone cable or you can go premium like the Double Helix Cable Symbiote. HIGHLY recommend DHC cables that I ordered a pair after trying a friends DHC Symbiote SE on my SCL3X

post #3444 of 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by planx View Post

 

What do you mean surprise? Either you go with the stock Westone cable or you can go premium like the Double Helix Cable Symbiote. HIGHLY recommend DHC cables that I ordered a pair after trying a friends DHC Symbiote SE on my SCL3X

does this actually mean any recessed socket cables will do? i seeking for more options for cable, currently uses stock cable only

post #3445 of 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobandroid View Post

does this actually mean any recessed socket cables will do? i seeking for more options for cable, currently uses stock cable only

 

I'm not sure what you mean by recessed socket cables? From what I know, generally speaking, UM, Westone, JH and a few all uses the same cable pin length? If you're interested in a DHC cable, email Peter (info on his site). I'm sure he will give you better answers than me etysmile.gif

post #3446 of 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by planx View Post

 

I'm not sure what you mean by recessed socket cables? From what I know, generally speaking, UM, Westone, JH and a few all uses the same cable pin length? If you're interested in a DHC cable, email Peter (info on his site). I'm sure he will give you better answers than me etysmile.gif

put it this way, i have miracle and finding some replacement cable, but dont know which to go for (from which company / brand too) besides DHC. Westone cable can be used? but which one? some other options? 

post #3447 of 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobandroid View Post

put it this way, i have miracle and finding some replacement cable, but dont know which to go for (from which company / brand too) besides DHC. Westone cable can be used? but which one? some other options? 

 

I have a Unique Melody as well and I'm currently using the Westone cable (I believe they all fit JH, UM and Westone). I'll PM you.

post #3448 of 3905

In general, a cable that's compatible with JH/UE/Westone will work with UM. If you're a non believer of cables, then the stock Westone/UE (before Sept 2010) cables have been said to be good options. If you believe in cables or want to give them a try, there are plenty of cable makers.

 

Average_joe has a good set of reviews here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/564978/14-custom-iem-tf10-cables-reviewed

post #3449 of 3905

got a respond, and that was fast.. the offer was soo good, made me start to think about it.etysmile.gif but the price based off my local currency = more than a thousand will make me hesitate

post #3450 of 3905

I received mine about 2 weeks ago (after refitting my left ear) but I'm still noticing problems. Can different shell sizes affect sound quality / sound stage / position inside the head? Can't tell if its because of my damaged hearing (right worse than left) or it's because of the shells/drivers themselves.

 

The left ear (the one on the right) is approximately 1~2mm larger on the top but that's only for the outer ear part, and also the driver positions are a bit different (because of shell size). Sound-wise, sound stage actually sounds realistic with my left ear, but my right ear sounds artificial (or I can't hear it, but that's because I can't hear high frequencies well in that ear). The sound position also leans more toward the left of my head rather than centered for bass impact, vocals, and everything. It occasionally centers after a period of time or if I insert them differently, and I do not know why. Also fit still isn't perfect in my left ear generally (as when the cord gets tugged, the bass impact becomes more resonant) but I don't really have money to keep refitting (~$42 each time via EMS). They still have impact and they do isolate very well, just the impact gets slightly more intense. My right ear has a perfect fit albeit it feels much smaller in the ear and the sound stage issues.

 

Source is a crappy Samsung Stratosphere (lot of hiss) but no left/right channel imbalance issues (tested it with other sources, same problem).

 

Long story short, anyone know if it's just me / my ears or could it be caused by the shells themselves (or maybe even drivers? These are 2 years old but according to HPA, he hasn't used them for a year as he bought this pair to reshell for as a backup. Westone ES3X by the way)? 


Edited by AyeVeeN - 10/7/12 at 3:37pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread