Looks like I will be going with Stephen then :) Emailed him not long ago too and responded well within a few hours. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/24/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/23/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandUnique Melodytagged by System, 7/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING Last post on 8/30/14 at 2:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/29/14 at 11:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread - Page 223post #3331 of 38927/5/12 at 11:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3332 of 38927/5/12 at 12:47pmQuote:
Yes Stephen is always prompt in his replies and has remained so even 7 months after I received my Merlin. Hope everything goes smoothly and that the wait won't be too long!post #3333 of 38927/10/12 at 2:00pmpost #3334 of 38927/10/12 at 7:23pmpost #3335 of 38927/10/12 at 8:30pmQuote:
I think they are one and the same. If you order through UMglobal you''ll still be sending your impressions to UMAus in melbourne and I'm sure they'd still charge you the Aus price (cuz you live in Sydney).
There is also custom-iem.com. There are advantages to sticking with UMAus/Global though as you will only ever have to send stuff to melbourne and never to china directly. You won't have to personally deal with customs too. It only costs $6 or so to send express to Melbourne.post #3336 of 38927/11/12 at 12:06amQuote:
We like to set the expectations low because we're relying on FedEX and international customs depending on your country to get your order through.
Example being, we had some IEM's sit in Indonesian customs for 4 weeks before they decided to send them back to us in China and then we had to re-send them. Though that isn't our fault, if we told our clients they would be back earlier, it would've been very disappointing and we hate to disappoint.
None the less, if your IEM's arrived on 12 Jun, they would've been dispatched to UMLab on the 20th of June (1st and 3rd Friday) and should be due OUT to you no later than 24 July, 4 weeks from their estimated arrival at UMLab.
If you do have any specific questions arising from your quoted turn around time, please feel free to email us about them, we'll do all we can to help explain and set your expectations in the right place.
Edited by UniqueMelodyAus - 7/11/12 at 12:08ampost #3337 of 38927/11/12 at 5:23am
I'm debating whether to reshell my TF10 and get the 4 or 6 driver upgrade or reshell my R-50 (TWFK) as thats my favorite IEM also they said they might be able to add a bass driver. Anyone that has reshelled TF10's with drivers added can you tell me how they sound comparded to stock? If it makes a good improvement over the stock sound then I'll probably go that rout.post #3338 of 38927/11/12 at 5:50am
Just got my impressions done this morning and dropped them off at the UMAUS office. Previously had the Shure SE530 and now going for the UM Miracles.
I'm under the impression that there will be an estimated 4-6 week wait before I get them.
Hopefully my payment has gone through and that the girl at the front desk has handed it to the UM people so they can be sent off faster.post #3339 of 38927/11/12 at 6:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I'm debating whether to reshell my TF10 and get the 4 or 6 driver upgrade or reshell my R-50 (TWFK) as thats my favorite IEM also they said they might be able to add a bass driver. Anyone that has reshelled TF10's with drivers added can you tell me how they sound comparded to stock? If it makes a good improvement over the stock sound then I'll probably go that rout.post #3340 of 38927/11/12 at 10:51amQuote:
Yeah I think the TF10 reshell plus drivers is the way to go and the 6 driver set up is what I think I'm going to do, a 6 BA CIEM under $500 is to good to pass up.post #3341 of 38927/13/12 at 8:18am
Does anyone know the cheapest way to ship to China? USPS is quoting $17 for a small flat rate box shipped internationally.
If I do go that route, does it matter if I make the box bulge a bit? The Westone case is like 1-7/8" high while the box is 1-5/8" high. Not sure if it's risky and/or USPS cares or not.
I thought shipping was covered for reshells. Sad it's not :/ already owe my mother $120 hahaha.
Edited by AyeVeeN - 7/13/12 at 8:40ampost #3342 of 38927/13/12 at 8:47ampost #3343 of 38927/13/12 at 9:43pm
That sucks hahaha.
I'm about ready to ship it but do you guys think this is sufficient enough to ship in a small flat rate box? Along with bubble wrap of course. It's a small Shure clamshell case. IEM + impressions fit pretty snugly inside. Not sure if it'd like get crushed or something while shipping.
Reshelling them into translucent black shell + opaque white faceplate :) Unless I can find a color that goes well with opaque black as I kind of want that since it looks more professional. Should I get the UM logo on it, even though it's a Westone ES3X? I find their logo nice but it seems odd, and it'd seem like it'd also make it impossible to sell again if I were to ever upgrade.
And does anyone have any yellowing problem with the clear shells? If not I will probably actually go for clear shells + red/blue tips + opaque black faceplates.. I read that UM doesn't have that problem with their type of acrylic but I just want to make sure. Like in the ES3X above, the vinyl is literally yellowing (I mean, deep yellow. Like yellow-orange) probably from moisture or wax, which is sort of disgusting.
Edited by AyeVeeN - 7/13/12 at 10:38pmpost #3344 of 38927/13/12 at 10:14pm
Yesterday I got my reshelled TF10!
Turnaround time was excellent, UM Australia received my impressions on 12 of June and one month later I had my new shiny earphones
UM Aus guys were extremely helpful and answered all my questions promptly
Thank you guys! :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Ipod gen 7 Classic 240gb 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › Need help looking for Themes/Songs like these 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)