I wonder if there's any difference between the SM3 upgraded and the LW3 upgraded to 6 drivers in terms of the drivers in the custom. The chart airwax provided looks pretty much the same as what I got.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/24/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/23/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandUnique Melodytagged by System, 7/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING Last post on 8/30/14 at 2:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread Last post on 12/28/14 at 12:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread - Page 172
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The sound is steadily improving on my SM3X6. I don't find the mids recessed anymore. But there still seems to be a veil on the sound. One thing I noticed though is the sound gets better as I increased the volume. Weird.
Hm. I was considering possibly reshelling and adding drivers to my SM3s but based on the impressions here it doesn't sound at all promising. It seems it may be a better option to simply go for the JH16/13s or UMs and keep the SM3s as they are rather than to upgrade them.
The JH13s are simply better in everything. They are the perfect IEMs for me in terms of overall sound. At least now I have a back up that's close to it with a different kind of flavor which is what I wanted. Although, I've been listening to the SM3X6 intently and they are starting to grow on me.
Is that the case with your JH13 as well or just your SM3X6? I was thinking it might be that it may be harder to drive with the crossover and all those drivers but that may not be the case if the JH13 does not do that as well.
They are probably harder to drive (I think they have higher impedance than the JH13s, since the volume is lower when I listen to them). It's not the case with the JH13s. I could listen to those at fairly normal volumes with no loss in SQ. Or they could just be improving as my brain and the drivers burn-in together. Not sure if that helps. :)
ummm, I could be ok with 1-2db @ past 10khz, but correct me if I'm wrong, 2-3db L/R difference around 1.5-2khz is actually pretty noticeable? I'd again be curious to hear what the cause of this is (UM or the manufacturer of the org IEM didn't match the drivers so well?). Or are these measurements not intended to show an accurate L/R pic, but more of an overall FR response? (or maybe a nozzle was obscured, would be nice if UM provided a before and after pic...)
Edited by svyr - 4/22/11 at 5:13pm
here's a to scale and slightly color and perspective corrected side to side comparison
aside from mids (LR difference, although it's not clear whether the measurements intend to show an accurate LR picture or maybe a nozzle was obscured, would be nice if UM provided a before and after pic...) on your LW3x6, and a slightly more prominent bass it looks almost identical. Maybe it's the 'stock' 6 upgraded driver sig UM goes for.
Edited by svyr - 4/22/11 at 5:12pm
To me they all looks the same
Let me guess, your customs has Sonion 3300 for lows DTEC for mids and TWFK for highs. That's typical configuration for 6driver upgrade. The catch is that beside TWFK driver you customs has nothing left from the original components.
It would sound more similar your universals if you added single CI22955 or Sonion 2000 insted of dual drivers.
I'm not saying that's wrong, though.
airwax - drivers do not burn in, sorry. It's your brain. Your earphones sound better when you increase volume because you have deep valley near 1kHz.
Edited by piotrus-g - 4/22/11 at 4:40am
They sound nothing like flat. Really nice and punchy bass extention. Though they are a little bright.
I went back to see you chart. Yours have 3dB less lows. Beside this ours are almost the same :)
Edited by piotrus-g - 4/22/11 at 5:02am
I wasn't really hoping for the same sound as the SM3, that is why I chose the 6-driver upgrade. However, for reference purposes, I compared them with the original SM3. Thanks for answering the better sound with increase volume thing. :)
What is the UM 3ways? UM3X custom?
If you go to pages about 50 or 60 you'll find a review. It's a design based on CI22955 and TWFK drivers. 3 way crossover.
- Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 14 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 26 seconds ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 33 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 37 seconds ago
- › Earphones/Earbuds that improve voice conversations for high... 40 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 4 minutes ago
- › Welcome & Introduction for DC/VA/MD Head-Fiers 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3