anyone know how to contact them to actually get a response - i did mine via the Unique Melody place in Melbourne.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/25/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/23/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandUnique Melodytagged by System, 7/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING Last post on 10/1/13 at 10:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread Last post on 7/9/13 at 4:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread - Page 247post #3691 of 37987/3/13 at 10:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3692 of 37987/3/13 at 10:32pmpost #3693 of 37987/4/13 at 2:10ampost #3694 of 37987/4/13 at 2:53ampost #3695 of 37987/4/13 at 5:36am
Ironically, if UM are experiencing a BA driver shortage, one could be forgiven for thinking that this might actually speed up their completion of re-shell customers' CIEMS.
Maybe they're just snowed-under with a backlog of orders for the new 3DD.
Edited by Mython - 7/4/13 at 5:40ampost #3696 of 37987/4/13 at 5:22pmNope, Re-shell of UM3X here, no added drivers, no added artwork, and I'm in for the long haul.
Mine were ordered long before the 3DD was even ANNOUNCED.
(Sorry if I seem bitter)post #3697 of 37987/5/13 at 4:07ampost #3698 of 37987/9/13 at 4:56pmSo, a few interesting points.
I complained on the UM global facebook page, because I need my IEMs for work, and the wait time has been double what they told it me it was going to be.
They responded by emailing me, and offering to give loan me some UM miracles in a universal shell...
But only if I gave them a $500 deposit, and a copy of my drivers license. Not sure how I feel about that.
They also just posted this on their Facebook page:Quote:Minimise YOUR waiting time!!
So it's no revelation that UMLab is getting smashed right now. Their standard build time of 4 to 6 weeks has blown out to 8 to 12 weeks! A combination of some capacity issues and an influx of re-shell orders from mysterious clients in Asia means it is taking unusually long for your IEM's to come back to you...
And then linked to this page:
http://uniquemelody.co/news/minimise-your-waiting-time/post #3699 of 37987/9/13 at 7:30pm
Doesn't sound like a good deal to me, considering you already had to pay 239$ (or 250$?) upfront plus a UM3X which would amount to a new Miracle in the end.
To rephrase it, you pay for a new Miracle custom and then receive a universalised Miracle, which is on loan, and a reshelled UM3X after 14+ weeks waiting. After the loan period ends 500$ will be deposited back to your account but there's a chance it's gonna get burnt with another hole the size of a new Miracle again it's a smart move I gotta say.post #3700 of 37987/10/13 at 3:26pmpost #3701 of 37987/11/13 at 5:35ampost #3702 of 37987/13/13 at 6:46am
yeah, the same for me. it's my twelfth weeks for a simple tf10 remould...... kinda regret using UM service. it's like taking forever.
first, the distr said that it would take only 4-6 weeks. now she said that UM is in a peak point where there is so much order and the time will be 9-12 week. wow. that's so long for just a simple remould.post #3703 of 37987/23/13 at 1:45am
An interesting Development today:
Quote:Hi XX,We have some good news. Your IEMs have arrived and been shipped express to your address today - you should receive them in the next day.Your tracking ID is: XX and it can be tracked through the auspost website.We apologise again for the delay on your in ear monitors. We've thrown in an extra Westone clear cable and a Westone monitor vault as well. Not that this makes up for or excuses the delay. We hope this finds you well and hope you are extremely happy with the IEM's themselves.Enjoy mate!If you have any questions at all, we are more than happy to help!Regards,Acustoms
Like I've said previously, the guys on the Australian end are awesome. It was more UMlab I was displeased with. This is a really lovely gesture from the UM Australia guys.
It's a shame I'm away on work training at the moment, and most likely won't be able to get my hands on these until later in the week..
Damnit!post #3704 of 37987/26/13 at 12:25amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< appreciation thread 37 seconds ago
- › Trying to narrow X-Mas list (DT880 vs. HE400 vs. HD650) 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Are you a proud audiophile? 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Buying Headphones from Mexico 4 minutes ago
- › Spotify Premium - is it good enough? 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendations: full size with best comfort, isolation, spoken... 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude